Gumble
Robkwoods

Government subsidized healthcare & education.

Gumble

Pro

When private companies seek to profit off of things that are essential to survive in today's society, it is a recipe for disaster. The well-being of the people should be put before "How much can I line my pockets some more?"
Robkwoods

Con

When government politicians seek to gain votes with promises to fix systems via high level bureaucracy, it is a recipe for disaster. The well-being of the people should be put before "How many votes can I get to ensure my re-election?"
Gumble

Pro

I think that coincides with the fact that politicians are bought off by corporations and essentially become their puppets. e.g. when Hillary Clinton claims to want to redistribute the wealth in america, but her top donor is Goldman Sachs. Or the Republicans that deny global warming because their donors are companies like Exxon, whose products pollute the air. Anyway, when education is considered a right, and not a privilege available for purchase, people can earn a degree that grants them access to a higher paying job, giving the consumer more money to spend, and therefore stimulating the economy. Without free education and/or healthcare, people enter crippling debt that they are unable to pay off, and are unable to spend more money.
Robkwoods

Con

Redistribution of wealth in America has been a complete failure. "War on Poverty" has decrease poverty by only 2% since its inception, whereas poverty prior to had decrease by 50% without government intervention.
Reps have never stated that pollution is not a problem. They are concerned with the government giving special treatment to green technology based on unproven science.
A monopoly whether private or government is never a good thing.
Education and Healthcare are not rights, they are privileges. Both rely on individual choices. Education doesn't guarantee access to higher paying jobs. Welding doesn't require a degree, high paying job. Free healthcare does not guarantee a more healthy population. Just means less choice for care.
Gumble

Pro

Gumble forfeited this round.
Robkwoods

Con

All previous stands! Both subsidized healthcare and subsidized education are failed systems pushed by politicians for political gain.
Posted by Robkwoods 1 year ago
Robkwoods
Dammit word limit is brutal. So much more I wanted to say. I appreciate having to limit my response. Quite a challenge.
Posted by Robkwoods 1 year ago
Robkwoods
I accepted.
Posted by Robkwoods 1 year ago
Robkwoods
ooooooooooooo, can I accept. I love privatization.