sadolite
James.ticknor

Govt will use global warming and health issues as excuses to control every aspect of your life.

sadolite

sadolite

Pro

It is quite apparent, if you don't stick your head in the sand, that Govt is going to use these two issues to infiltrate, limit and control every aspect of your life right down to deciding what color of car you can have and what kind of oil you can fry your food in.

Here are just a few of the most absurd and ridiculous examples of govt violations of freedom of choice and the right to choose using the global warming and health issues. Some of these have already passed and some haven't but none the less the people who right this ridiculous legislation run our country and crap all over the constitution on a daily bases to force their agenda down our throats using the courts not the people to get them to be law.

Banning black and dark blue cars under the disguise of global warming.

http://www.autoblog.com...

We all know of course that it will not stop there. The govt will require all things that have black on it to repainted according to govts selection of acceptable colors. This is happening people, right now before your eyes!!!

Under the disguise of health concerns and govt knowing what is best for you and not you. New york now regulates cooking oil and of course under the pressure of being politically correct this has expanded throughout all the major food chains and will eventually become law in all fifty states.

http://wcbstv.com...

Bill HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization act of 2009. This bill also uses the "It's for your own good and safety and your health to regulate nearly every aspect of food. Obstensively making it a felony for any one to have a garden in their back yard and grow their own vegetables without the permission of the gov't. You will be required to fill out endless paper work if you were to give a tomato to your neighbor. This is so they can trace who you gave it to if in fact you did decide to give it to some one. This bill spells the death nell to all small farmers and farmers markets and cheap vegetables as paper work will be required on all transactions of all food so the govt can trace it to it's source of sale all the way to the end user.

http://blog.friendseat.com...

The smart grid for electricity: This is a system to help distribute peak capacity usage of electricity but in order tor it to work every single home and business in the united states will have to be monitored for it's electricity use. This of course means that govt will decide for you when you can and when you can't use electricity and how much during the day or night at any given time. It will also allow the govt to arbitrarily decide how much electricity you can use during any given month and enable it to just turn it off when it so desires for any given reason. There are many advantages to the smart grid but govt has proven that it will use it for the bad things also. I'd rather pay more for electricity thank you than have govt regulate what I use and when I use it and how much I use. Govt will abuse this concept guaranteed 100%

Cap and trade: This will be used to tax certain businesses out of business as they will not be able to pass the tax on to the customer in order to make a profit. This is also a huge tax increase on all people, the poor being hit the hardest of course as always. This is how Cap and Trade will be abused and used to control people and what they buy. Govt will arbitrarily decide what business pollutes more than another regardless of how important that product or service is to everyone's standard of living. It wont matter how much to govt how much they arbitrary will increase the cost of something and how many people suffer by it. Cap and trade is about measuring pollution and putting an arbitray number on both the level and amount of tax on that business. Sense no one can live without energy this will be taxed to a point that they think they can get away with anything else will be taxed according to what any given administration deems a danger to your heath or the environment and will tax those businesses that they deem dangerous so high that they will go out of business because they wont be able to pass the tax on to the consumer and still make a profit.
James.ticknor

Con

I wish my opponent luck.

Observation 1: The resolution does not state or imply a specific government, resultiing in the realms of the debate to consist of the goverment in a global sense.

Observation 2: I have the burdon of clash, my opponent the burdon of proof.

AFF's Contentions:

1. Banning black and dark blue cars under the disguise of global warming.

a) No media, often without statistic specialization, can declare the likelyhood of the outcome of a bill. This preposition is ludicrous, I will agree with my opponent. The bill was thought of by a (radical, in my opinion) citizen. This was presented to Congress by a Senator. The government denied this law, because they did not see the benefiets of it. It was not the governments idea, but a person. So I do not see how that is governments fault.

2. (subpoint) The govt will require all things that have black on it to repainted according to govts selection of acceptable colors.

a) You are mistaking a probability as certainty. You do not know for sure if they will or not.

3) New york now regulates cooking oil of course under the pressure of being politically correct this has expanded throughout all the major food chains and will eventually become law in all fifty states.

a) Again, you are mistaking a probability as certainty. You do not know for sure if they will or not.
b) This is for fast food industries. You can still let your heart run wild with the fascenating magical wonders of cooking oil at your descretion however your heart desires.

4) Obstensively making it a felony for any one to have a garden in their back yard and grow their own vegetables without the permission of the gov't.

a) Again, it is a bill, not a law. One that may not pass, so there is no need to get riled up about it unless it does pass.

5) (subpoint) This is so they can trace who you gave it to if in fact you did decide to give it to some one.

a) How do you know? You sound a great deal like a 9/11 conspiritor supporter. Our government is obligated to protecting the citizens and until there is proof, we can not make accusations. This is irrelivant, but I see how passionate my opponent is and decided to dip some of my colo(u)rs on the page too.

6) This bill spells the death nell to all small farmers and farmers markets and cheap vegetables as paper work will be required on all transactions of all food so the govt can trace it to it's source of sale all the way to the end user.

a) You don't know if it will be thier death. Blogs are not a legitimate source either.

7) "The smart grid for electricity" Govt will abuse this concept guaranteed 100%

a) This doesn't go along with the resoultion and is outside the realms of this debate. Besides, do not have proof that they will 100%.

8) "Cap and trade"

a) I can see you spent some time on this. However, it is not relevant to the debate topic. Which I am looking at right now, wondering if I should drink 2% milk or Vitamen D fortified. Maybe Chocolate Vitamen D. But 2%'s a classic. That's my main worry in life right now, just letting you all know. O-R-E-O's too...mmmm.

Well, that's it I suppose. I hit everypoint and will move on to support my own case.

A) There is no evidence to support this as a 100% garentee.

That's my 1 and only main point. I emphasize 100%

Good luck, friend.
sadolite

Pro

It will be a debate of samantics I have lost intrest.
James.ticknor

Con

Semantics is the study of meaning in communication.-Google Dictionary

My opponent has failed to refute my rebuttals and point. I admire my opponent though for holding his origional values, however he did not give any forwarning of semantics. Therefore, I have won this round, likely this debate.
sadolite

Pro

Let's see, I have had time to reflect upon the fact that all my opponent is going to do is debate sources and shift the focus on the sources rather than show that it is not the intention of govt to use global warming and health issues to control and regulate every aspect of our lives.
I have provided sources that show that gov't uses the two excuses to write legislation to take control of and regulate every aspect of our lives. The fact that some of the bills are still on the table or that some have not passed is what is irrelevant. It is the pattern that matters. Govt has consistently shown that it is using these two excuses to pass what ever they can to control and regulate our lives. There has been no legislation put forward under these two excuses that will free me from taxes or give me more choice or restore anything to a state that was once legal or unregulated.
Govt will continue to submit bills that take freedoms away and tax and regulate under these two excuses. They just passed a bill expanding regulation over cigarettes and a tax increase to go with it.
As far as what govt? We can include the UN which is a world Govt of sorts. They are the ones that will be in charge of cap and trade and all affairs that have to do with global warming world wide. They to will set restrictions and levy taxes and make laws that will be used to control your life. My opponent needs to come up with some kind of argument of his own rather than just debate sources. I have shown a pattern in govt with regard to these two excuses. And the pattern can plainly be seen every single night on any news channel you care to watch. A new bill is in congress to regulate or ban something. Dismissing sources and arguing samantics about the content of the sources wont cut it. They are all pieces of legislation put before congress by people who work in govt. My opponent says one person is not the govt. But it only takes one person to write a bill and present it to congress and then congress will vote on it if it is allowed to make it to the floor for a vote.
There are no pieces of legislation before congress that are not directly connected to these two excuses. I can show more if my opponent likes, but he needs to show some legislation before congress that shows there is no pattern and that govt is not trying to use these two excuses to control every aspect of our lives.

I shall present no more sources for my opponent to redirect the debate unless it would answer a rebuttal of philosophical importance made by my opponent with regard to the resolution.
James.ticknor

Con

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
sadolite

Pro

My opponent has failed to show how these two excuses are not directly geared to regulate, ban or otherwise limit personal freedom. These two issues are a politicians dream. Global warming being the better of the two. There is no way for anyone to have to take responsibility when this turns out to be a complete sham on the whole world. They are all in on it hook line and sinker. There is not a single politician in Washington that will even question global warming. Only politicians say the debate is over with regard to global warming. You will never hear a reputable scientist say this and put his or her reputation on the line as a scientist. What you will hear them say is "Many questions remain unanswered before any conclusive findings can be put forward." Yet politicians are passing and presenting legislation left and right to limit and regulate ban or otherwise make illegale anything and everything they arbitrarily chose to put a label on as being a threat to all human kind.

The more absurd the legislation is, the more it makes my case. Fat people and soda drinkers you are next on the list. Under the disguise of health care. Once govt gets control of health care, that's it. Your freedom will disappear. Govt policy wonks will just sit there and make villains out of ever possible thing they can think of that might make someone fat or cause high cholesterol, anything, you name it. It will all be banned in the name of reducing health care costs. You have all the proof you need on this. Govt has sent you a clear as day message as to what they will do when they get control of health care with the fat people and soda issues.

http://www.politico.com...
James.ticknor

Con

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
Posted by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite

a) Again, it is a bill, not a law.

Govt tyranny and you can bet it is going to get a lot worse.

http://theintelhub.com...
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
"sadolite's account is no longer active."

I miss him already.
Posted by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
You are right or You're right, not your right.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
"Missing two rounds cannot equate to win in any respect.' Your right, your opponent can forfeit all of their rounds and still win. I was losing this debate up until a few weeks ago.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
Pro wins on conduct points alone. Missing two rounds cannot equate to win in any respect. sadolite's rants got one for him, but only because his opponent was absent. Win - Pro.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
"You do not even have a rudimentary understanding of the US government and you refuse to listen to those who do." Who would that be? You? You don't even acknowledge that this country is being systematical dismantled at every level. Why don't you explain to me how my personal freedoms are not being taken from me. Tell me again how my vote or opinion counts. When was the last time the govt did something that helped this country economically instead of hindering it and making it uncompetitive. Tell me how my govt hasn't sold out our country to china and every other third world country.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
One vote for con guaranteed before debate has ended.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
What ever. I see what I see. Actions speak louder than words
Posted by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
I am a veteran and I still love my country as much as the day I took that oath; I'm sorry you don't see how absurd you sound right now. My eyes are open. You do not even have a rudimentary understanding of the US government and you refuse to listen to those who do. You will lose this debate because you want to rant and whine. Sad. "[R]eality is reality", how profound, sadolite.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
I continue to debate in this fashion because I live in reality. And reality is reality. The Gov't is using and will continue to use health and global warming as excuses to take over and regulate what ever it can possibly get get control of. This is not open for debate, it is fact. You go ahead and stick your head in the sand if you want but I know what this country used to be like and what it has become. I used to love America and thought it was a great country. I thought it was a beacon of hope for the people of this world that live in tyranny. But not anymore. I look at it now and all I see is tyranny coming from every direction and the eventual death of capitalism. It is the future I see it and it is irrefutable, capitalism can not compete against socialism and govt is going to use these two excuses to implement crippling taxes regulation and bans on business that will prevent it from competing and make way for govt take overs on a scale that will kill capitalism. I know, this wont happen. All current legislation indicates that it is happening and will happen. So go ahead and believe that it wont happen and that my positions are absolute and that is why I lose debates. The evidence is staring you in the face,open your eyes man!!
Vote Placed by magpie 7 years ago
magpie
sadoliteJames.ticknorTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
sadoliteJames.ticknorTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
sadoliteJames.ticknorTied
Vote Placed by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
sadoliteJames.ticknorTied