Liberals
AngryBlogger

Grand Theft Auto is the greatest video game series of all time

AngryBlogger
Started: 12/23/2015 Category: Games

Liberals

Pro

I believe Grand Theft Auto is the greatest video game of series of all time. My opponent must choose another video game series that they believe is the greatest ever and they must have sufficient evidence prove this.
AngryBlogger

Con

I accept this debate, and will be con.

First off. I want to make a quick note that "GTA is the greatest video game series of all time" is merely an opinion, and can never be true as it will stay an opinion. Some people will like other game series more - Fact.
There is literally no way you can prove it's the greatest because of these reasons... But to make things fair. I will pick a game series to argue against you as you suggested and that game series is.......... The Legend Of Zelda, and will be arguing as to why Zelda is better (again although it's an opinion, no matter the ratings, and yadda yadda) but seeing the burden of proof is more so on you/pro to prove GTA is better than Zelda, please explain why to me, and I will start my debate in round 2.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
AngryBlogger

Con

Looks like my opponent forfeited this round.

Although ratings don't matter as I said, they do give you a general idea on how good the game could possibly be.

Take Zelda for example, Ocarina Of Time is almost listed in the top 3 games of all time on any website you go to. Last I check, I don't even think any of the Grand Theft Auto games made the top 10, let alone the top 20, and you'll typically find at least three zelda games in the top 20.
1: Ocarina Of Time
2: A Link To The Past
3: Majora's Mask

And, other Zelda games might even show up here and there but not any of the GTA games. So, this includes IGN, Gamespot, and whatever video game website you can find, you're going to see Zelda games top the list.

Also... Popularity. Doesn't mean a game is better, but it shows you what people are into. Zelda is known all around the world, and GTA isn't. Zelda is at comic cons, GTA isn't. (Now these arguments are getting similar to my Star Wars arguments I made in another debate where someone claimed the LOTR series were better).

Anyhow, in short, Zelda has changed the way video games are played. It may have not been the first big hit 3D game like Mario 64, but it's release kept Nintendo in business for years to come, and again helped the video game community bloom.

I could argue all day as to why i feel Zelda games are better, but it seems my opponent forfeited, so I'm going to end these arguments here.
Liberals

Pro

Liberals forfeited this round.
AngryBlogger

Con

Looks like pro conceded the debate, and does not want to debate that GTA is better.

Please vote con and extend.
Posted by Liberals 1 year ago
Liberals
This is true, however you could use things like ratings from various websites and number of copies sold, etc as real evidence.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
I agree, but I also recognize that my agreement is merely a subjective value I place on the series. Be careful because this debate really requires some objective values if it is to be weighed against another accordingly.
Vote Placed by TheResistance 1 year ago
TheResistance
LiberalsAngryBloggerTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by Pro