MatthewNelson
IntellectualPerson

Gravity does not exist

MatthewNelson

Pro

Rules.
1. String theory, relativity, Newtonian Physics and other scientific "ideas" are just a theories and ideas and will be viewed as so in this debate, they are not fact.
2. Rounds will be unstructured so through out arguments as you please and just try to defer mine Con.
3. Stay away from personal experiences as they can differ from you to me.
4. Bring it!

I like to question things like this. Things that are accepted by the general public which somehow makes them fact. And gravity is one of those things.
I will instead claim that a centripetal force keeps us on the ground..
Before I begin addressing my points I will point out that whatever is behind this "hypothesized" force has always been here making it very difficult for the likes of you or me.
1. Centripetal force could be confused as gravity. Imagine I have attached a cup to a string and I begin spinning this cup around very quickly. Now imagine you are in said cup, just like water you would be pushed against the bottom of the cup even if you were at the top of the rotation where gravity would be pulling you directly down.
As discussed by the "Rugen Island Nazi experiments curvature of earth" (http://bit.ly...) we are in fact on the inside of the earth.
This is a difficult concept to grasp but imagine the earth is a sphere just as it is now, but instead of standing on the outside of said sphere, we all are on the inside of a hollow sphere. By looking up from within the sphere you would be looking towards the center of the sphere. This means that the moon and the rest of the universe are within the earth. For further understanding by flying a rocket straight up, we would go through the universe and then to the complete opposite side.
This means that the earth is very large and spinning very vast but because we are on the inside of the sphere the spinning pushes us towards the ground.

Sorry I could not make my argument more concise, it is just an interesting thought to grasp initially.
IntellectualPerson

Con

Rebuttals:

"Centripetal force could be confused as gravity. Imagine I have attached a cup to a string and I begin spinning this cup around very quickly. Now imagine you are in said cup, just like water you would be pushed against the bottom of the cup even if you were at the top of the rotation where gravity would be pulling you directly down.

Incorrect. The cup from bottom to top is becoming wider. Therefore, based on how fast you spin it, it drags whatever's in there outwards.

"This is a difficult concept to grasp but imagine the earth is a sphere just as it is now, but instead of standing on the outside of said sphere, we all are on the inside of a hollow sphere. By looking up from within the sphere you would be looking towards the center of the sphere. This means that the moon and the rest of the universe are within the earth. For further understanding by flying a rocket straight up, we would go through the universe and then to the complete opposite side.
"

Oh, how is it that when someone flew a rocket and exited Earth, what they saw was a hollow sphere? Even traveling halfway around from your original position, you could still see that the Earth is a hollow sphere.
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
IntellectualPerson

Con

Unfortunately, Pro has forfeited the previous round. I hope he will at the very least make an attempt to argue next time.
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
IntellectualPerson

Con

I extend my arguments
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
IntellectualPerson

Con

IntellectualPerson forfeited this round.
MatthewNelson

Pro

MatthewNelson forfeited this round.
IntellectualPerson

Con

Posted by MatthewNelson 3 years ago
MatthewNelson
stfu frogman ur next
Posted by frogman 3 years ago
frogman
you're an idiot