lastrequest691
Atheism

Great Britain- The Anti-Christ's last stand

Atheism

lastrequest691

Pro

Great Britain has always influenced the world with its culture, military and economic status. Ever seen a man wear a shirt, tie and a custom made pants- It's British. When you wear a formal suit- it is British. When you talk in English- the language is from England. There is no Empire in the world that has influenced the world as has the Great Britain. Heck! The bible you read is KJV or NKJV- well it is from England. Even during the era of Rome this nation stood toe to toe with the most powerful empire despite its small size. Then it was in the dark ages that this nation slowly started to rise from the ashes like a phoenix. This nation has always run parallel with super powers like US and Europe. If you compare the pound then it is surprising to see that sometimes Euro struggles to keep up with the versatile pound.

I think I have given enough evidence that Great Britain is strong enough to lead the world if US or China got omitted from the phase of this world. Great Britain can sustain itself because it has the most powerful Air Force in Europe, best Special Force in Europe second only to Austria and the best amphibious assault force in the world.

Back to my topic – Why Great Britain will produce the Anti-Christ?

Now we all know that the Anti-Christ will come when the world is at chaos and when they need a hero. Everybody thinks that the Anti-Christ will be the President of the US but I DON'T THINK SO. Why? US is no where in the Biblical prophecy. Some bible scholars have predicted that US may not survive and will cease to be a nation when the Tribulation begins. Why? US has too many jealous neighbors and not to forget that China – the evil dragon is after the Glorious Bald Eagle from the West. God Bless US and I hope most people of US get rapture before Great Britain attacks them.

Great Britain is plainly the beast that rises out of the sea and everybody is clueless about this. Those who have ears heed me- this is the nation that will rule the world in the end times. Let's keep in mind that the Prince of Wales has a dragon as its coat of arms. Yes, the coat of arms of Wales is a dragon – A European Dragon which looks different than the slender dragon of the East but it is still a dragon. Dragon- what is a big deal about dragons? You have to keep in mind that Dragon in the Bible is compared to Satan or the one. Dragons are mythological beast which was believed to give eternity to all those who drank its blood. You can see how dragon is replacing Christ as Christ told his followers to drink his blood. Aha! There it is. So, the dragon in ancient times in Europe were thought to give eternity to all those who drank its blood- Satan tries to duplicate Christ here. There is a reason why the Bible calls him the Dragon. Only Christ can give

Where in the Bible is it written that Great Britain will rule the world in end times?
Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. And the beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth, and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction. And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. These have one purpose and they give their power and authority to the beast. REV 17:9-13
The seven heads are long considered to be Rome but let me tell you they are all wrong. Rome is too weak to control the world let alone influence Europe. Italy ranks 34th in world military powers and people are still stupid enough to believe that Rome is going to rule the world in end times. Italy is not a great economic power either they rank 42nd in the world in terms of economy. Those who have ears heed me before you are fooled by the tides of time.
The reference to seven past kings (five have fallen, one is, and the other not yet come who remains a short while) is a historic description of the Holy Roman Empire. There have been seven Charles' as Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. World Book Encyclopedia and other reference documents summarize the history of the Holy Roman Empire by these seven kings. This is a historical fact. But what makes this prophecy such a puzzle is its reference to the beast being "also an eighth, and is one of the seven." The answer is simple and right before us. They all have the name Charles — Prince Charles will be the eighth when he rules over the ancient Holy Roman Empire (the modern European Union). How is he one of the seven? He is a direct descendant of the Charles VI through the Hapsburg line.
I have finished my first round here.
Let the 2nd round begin.
Atheism

Con

I look forward to a good debate. The burden of proof rests on my opponent.

"Great Britain has always influenced the world with its culture, military and economic status."
No, it has not. Great Britain was formed on May 1, 1707 when Ireland and England politically joined. Are we to assume that everything before this period was amorphous? Certainly not.

"Ever seen a man wear a shirt, tie and a custom made pants- It's British. When you wear a formal suit- it is British. When you talk in English- the language is from England. There is no Empire in the world that has influenced the world as has the Great Britain."
Prove this. What if I thought China, or America, or Japan has influenced the world the most? I will not accept this until my opponent proves otherwise.

"Heck! The bible you read is KJV or NKJV- well it is from England."
I don't read the bible, therefore it is false. Also, not everyone reads a British bible. Provide statistics that say so.

"Even during the era of Rome this nation stood toe to toe with the most powerful empire despite its small size.
Then it was in the dark ages that this nation slowly started to rise from the ashes like a phoenix."
No comment, aside from this one informing you of my status on this matter.

"This nation has always run parallel with super powers like US and Europe."
Europe isn't a super power.

"Now we all know that the Anti-Christ will come when the world is at chaos and when they need a hero."
This is absurd. Not everyone even believes this. I most certainly don't, as I am atheist. Give me some evidence this will happen.
"Everybody thinks that the Anti-Christ will be the President of the US but I DON'T THINK SO."
Says who?

"Why? US is no where in the Biblical prophecy."
Neither is Britain.

"Some bible scholars have predicted that US may not survive and will cease to be a nation when the Tribulation begins."
These are bible scholars. No credibility, aside from those of their faith. Give me some evidence.

"Why? US has too many jealous neighbors and not to forget that China – the evil dragon is after the Glorious Bald Eagle from the West. God Bless US and I hope most people of US get rapture before Great Britain attacks them."
Nonsensical in the highest. Give me some 'jealous neighbors' and prove why they are jealous and how so.
The dragon and bald eagle is idiotic at best. The dragon has nothing to do with scripture, neither does the bald eagle. You give no evidence, no proof, and no statistics.

"Great Britain is plainly the beast that rises out of the sea and everybody is clueless about this. Those who have ears heed me- this is the nation that will rule the world in the end times. Let's keep in mind that the Prince of Wales has a dragon as its coat of arms. Yes, the coat of arms of Wales is a dragon – A European Dragon which looks different than the slender dragon of the East but it is still a dragon."
Okay? So if I write a dragon on a piece paper, the dragon on it symbolizes my paper will become the anti-Christ, or at least I will. This is what your logic dictates. I think it is agreed that my paper isn't going to become the anti-Christ.

"Dragon- what is a big deal about dragons? You have to keep in mind that Dragon in the Bible is compared to Satan or the one."
Your grammar is poor. Now, aside from you, where does the bible state that Satan is a dragon? Only you assert this. What if I say the 'antichrist' is a cat? Are we to kill cats? No. Will they become the Antichrist? No evidence for it.

"Dragons are mythological beast which was believed to give eternity to all those who drank its blood."
I think you watched a Harry Potter film, and then your mind turned unicorns into dragons. Where is your source? Where is your proof.

"You can see how dragon is replacing Christ as Christ told his followers to drink his blood. Aha! There it is."
Er... You are connecting dots that do not exist. Just because one belief may coincide with another, which it does not, but if it does, it does not mean that it is true. What if the spoon in my hand was worshiped in some far-off country? Does that mean my spoon is god, and I should worship my spoon, and shut all others out, as they are idols? No, that is absurd. Your logic leaves much to be desired.

" So, the dragon in ancient times in Europe were thought to give eternity to all those who drank its blood- Satan tries to duplicate Christ here."
Kidding me, right? Europe doesn't worship dragons. Are you completely mental? Only you asserted dragons give eternal life. Also, cannibals eat flesh. Are they impersonating jesus? Erm, no, they just like meat. I don't care if I lose conduct points for this, but as far as I can tell, you are a moron.

"There is a reason why the Bible calls him the Dragon. Only Christ can give..."
You just made up 3-5 different points, tried to connect it to Satan, and then trailed off in whatever point you were trying to make. What?! No sense.

"Where in the Bible is it written that Great Britain will rule the world in end times?"
Nowhere. You make logical fallacies at every turn. Shame on you.

"The seven heads are long considered to be Rome"
This is debatable in itself, and is baseless.

but let me tell you they are all wrong. Rome is too weak to control the world let alone influence Europe. Italy ranks 34th in world military powers and people are still stupid enough to believe that Rome is going to rule the world in end times. Italy is not a great economic power either they rank 42nd in the world in terms of economy. Those who have ears heed me before you are fooled by the tides of time."
This is presuming there will be an end, this is presuming people actually think this, and this is presuming that you make sense. Why are you talking about Rome? The claim the Rome is the seven fallen kings still is debatable. Moving on...

"The reference to seven past kings (five have fallen, one is, and the other not yet come who remains a short while) is a historic description of the Holy Roman Empire."
Key word, past. When the bible was written, lets assume those five are dead either way. Now, the bible fails in tenses, because it is a logical fallacy. This prophecy would come true either way. It is self fulfilling. All that needed to happen were 7 Charles to be emperor. Not too hard. Also, your grammar failed again.

" There have been seven Charles' as Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. World Book Encyclopedia and other reference documents summarize the history of the Holy Roman Empire by these seven kings. This is a historical fact. But what makes this prophecy such a puzzle is its reference to the beast being "also an eighth, and is one of the seven." The answer is simple and right before us. They all have the name Charles — Prince Charles will be the eighth when he rules over the ancient Holy Roman Empire (the modern European Union). How is he one of the seven? He is a direct descendant of the Charles VI through the Hapsburg line."

You do realize you are trying to defeat this claim, not support it, right? Anyways, my opponent's argument against himself lies on the logical fallacy of 7 people named Charles to take the throne. I think he forgot about all the people who broke the chain. Also, it is mere coincidence even people name Charles. Also, he is talking about Rome and Europe, or Great Britain. He has gotten off track!

My points.
1)My opponent has yet to prove that Great Britain will host the AntiChrist.
2)My opponent has yet to prove that there is an AntiChrist.
3)My opponent has confused Europe, Great Britain, and Rome with each other many, many times. He has also confused Italy with Rome several times.
4)My opponent is connecting points that do not exist.
5)There have never been 7 consecutive kings named Charles.
6)According to scripture, the antichrist has never stood before, thereby negating my opponent's argument. Con wins by default. Vote con.
lastrequest691

Pro

Europe is not a Superpower
Woah!!!!!!!! Which country do you live in?
Europe currency Euro runs will on the American Dollar but it still cannot compete with the Pound. Proof that Great Britain can sustain itself.

US Jealous Neighbors

Afghanistan- the Taliban will be back again. They will never be extinct.

China- The red dragon- the horse of Satan is the only nation that can take up the Super Power Status after the US and it will be waiting for an opportunity to attack the US if it gets the chance.

The Middle East- Iran, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt are not friends of the USA. Are they?

I never talked of Harry Potter here. You are bringing in subjects that are not supposed to be included in this topic.

Europe does not worship Dragons

You are right only god damned people of the Far East worship the Dragon or the Satan. But you cannot deny the fact that the Coat of Arms of Wales is a Red Dragon.

My grammar may fail at times but that is the only reason you can put up in this debate thinking you might sneak a lucky win. Fine, my grammar is not fine I admit it but please stay in the topic. I have been called worst but I will not stop writing because I was born to write and write only. Back to the Topic

Great Britain is in Europe- You have never seen the Map of Europe its' ok you can
1)My opponent has yet to prove that Great Britain will host the Antichrist.

Ans. The beast rises out of the Sea and the British Isles is surrounded by sea. I have answered you first question.

2)My opponent has yet to prove that there is an Antichrist.
Ans. The Spirit of Anti-Christ still exists. Christians consider that the people like Hitler, Nero had the spirit of the Antichrist. I wish a Christian was debating with me.

Ans. Rome is in Italy.
It would make sense if you were a Christian. How can I debate with someone who denies the Antichrist? I did not start the debate on "Does the Antichrist really exists?"
5)There have never been 7 consecutive kings named Charles
That is right.

The Antichrist has not come in flesh yet thought the Spirit of Antichrist has been present in this world since the beginning.

I think I have answered all your questions.

Instead of debating with me you have found other ways – like criticizing me, telling me that AntiChrist does not exist and making fun of my grammar.

Debate with me.
Atheism

Con

Europe is not a Superpower
//Woah!!!!!!!! Which country do you live in?
Europe currency Euro runs will on the American Dollar but it still cannot compete with the Pound. Proof that Great Britain can sustain itself.//
Europe is not a country, it is a continent. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//US Jealous Neighbors

The Middle East- Iran, Syria, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt are not friends of the USA. Are they?//
These are not neighbors of the US. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//I never talked of Harry Potter here. You are bringing in subjects that are not supposed to be included in this topic.//
Yes, but you did talk of dragons giving blood. I assumed you confused unicorns with dragons, because dragons aren't in the bible, whereas unicorns are. And unicorns, in the first Harry Potter movie, give blood. You argument is irrelevant in the first place.

Europe does not worship Dragons

//You are right only god damned people of the Far East worship the Dragon or the Satan. But you cannot deny the fact that the Coat of Arms of Wales is a Red Dragon.//
Prove that all people in the Far East worship the dragon or satan. In fact, atheism is highest in the Far East.
For your second argument, just because something happens to have an insignia of something, doesn't mean anything. I have a dragon poster in my room. Am I a satanist? Do I worship dragons? No. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//My grammar may fail at times but that is the only reason you can put up in this debate thinking you might sneak a lucky win. Fine, my grammar is not fine I admit it but please stay in the topic. I have been called worst but I will not stop writing because I was born to write and write only. Back to the Topic//
Irrelevant.

//Great Britain is in Europe- You have never seen the Map of Europe its' ok you can//
Terrible grammar, I don't even know what you are saying.
1)My opponent has yet to prove that Great Britain will host the Antichrist. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//Ans. The beast rises out of the Sea and the British Isles is surrounded by sea. I have answered you first question.//
Many countries are surrounded by seas or oceans. Am I to believe they will all spawn Antichrist's? Also, you have yet to prove they will rise in the first place. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//Ans. The Spirit of Anti-Christ still exists. Christians consider that the people like Hitler, Nero had the spirit of the Antichrist. I wish a Christian was debating with me.//
Beliefs do not equate proof. A logical Christian would agree. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

3)My opponent has confused Europe, Great Britain, and Rome with each other many, many times. He has also confused //Italy with Rome several times.
Ans. Rome is in Italy.//
Okay, you still have not refuted my argument. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//It would make sense if you were a Christian.//
You have yet to prove this, kind sir. And I am sure many a Christian, Catholic, Jew Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, and Viking would disagree. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//How can I debate with someone who denies the Antichrist? I did not start the debate on "Does the Antichrist really exists?"//
Simple, you make valid points and good arguments. And the Antichrist's existence has absolutely everything to do with whether it will rise or not.

//That is right.//
He concedes his main point.

//The Antichrist has not come in flesh yet thought the Spirit of Antichrist has been present in this world since the beginning.//
Prove that the Antichrist has arisen before. The devil and Antichrist are two completely different things. The bible doesn't mention the Antichrist until revelations. Opponent's argument/rebuttal negated.

//I think I have answered all your questions.//
No. Even if you did, you did so extremely poorly.

//Instead of debating with me you have found other ways – like criticizing me, telling me that AntiChrist does not exist and making fun of my grammar.//
Criticism, refuting your opponent's argument, and a bit of flair is what debate is all about!

//Debate with me.//
I have done so. What I want you to do is to learn how to debate well.
lastrequest691

Pro

I have put up some solid evidence that Great Britain is indeed the Empire of the Antichrist

My first evidence
1)The beast has a mortal wound
Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed and all the world marvelled after the Beast:

It is said that King Arthur died of a mortal head wound at the Battle of Camlann between 516-550 AD. The prophecy from the Revelation is clear that the one of the head of the beasts which was wounded is indeed King Arthur whose spirit will return and possess a British (includes Wales, England & N. Ireland) the axis of Evil. There is a chance that the Revelation is pointing towards a future king possessing the spirit of King Arthur.

2nd Evidence
2)The Coat of Arms of Great Britain and Wales
Second concrete evidence is that Great Britain has 3 slim lions as its coat of arms. Mark- I said 3 slim not strong lions. It is possible that those 3 lions had a body of a leopard.
Let's not forget that the Welsh flag is a red dragon. I am sure I have talked about the red dragon in the revelation.

3rd Evidence
3)European Union – the Revived Roman Empire
As I have mentioned earlier that Rome is too weak to rule the European Union so Europe wants a nations that is strong to rule the entire "continent." Who is the suitable country to lead such a huge confederation? France- No, Germany- No
It should be a country that can sustain itself- yes look north towards Great Britain.

4th Evidence-
4)The Antichrist is not from Israel
Daniel 7:24, 8:9, 11:21, 11:28 And the Ten Horns out of this Kingdom [Europe] are Ten Kings that shall arise; and another shall arise after them and he shall be diverse from the other Ten. And out of one of them came forth a little horn which waxed exceedingly great toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the Pleasant Land (Israel): A vile person, to whom they shall not give the Honour of the Kingdom, but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the Kingdom (of Israel) through lies, cunning deceit, and flatteries. Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the Holy Covenant [the Jews]; he shall do great exploits and return to his own land.

This verse tells us that the Antichrist after making a contract with Israel will return to his land. Which land is the bible talking about? The bible is clear as it tells us that "he shall do great exploits and RETURN TO HIS OWN LAND." It gives us an impression that Antichrist is not from Israel.

I guess I have provided all the evidence I need to prove that Antichrist is coming from the Great Britain (axis of evil) and not from Israel.

THIS DEBATE IS NOT ABOUT WHETHER THE ANTICHRIST EXISTS OR NOT.
THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT WHERE THE ANTICHRIST WILL COME FROM AND WHERE HE WILL OPERATE FROM IN THE LAST DAYS.
Atheism

Con

//1)The beast has a mortal wound//
Point being? Just because one famous person has a mortal wound means they are the antichrist?

//Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed and all the world marvelled after the Beast:
It is said that King Arthur died of a mortal head wound at the Battle of Camlann between 516-550 AD.//
Yes, and so have millions, possibly billions of others. What makes this person different? Besides, King Arthur has never been proven to actually exist. He is a fairytale. Look at this article. http://www.baltimoresun.com... So these people who have been shot to the head are different how? King Arthur never recovered. 5% Of people who have been shot to the head have been. They are more likely than King Arthur.
//The prophecy from the Revelation is clear that the one of the head of the beasts which was wounded is indeed King Arthur//
No, it isn't. You have cited passages from the bible, and then claimed that they show the antichrist arising from Britain, and you never show how. Again, you connect nonexistent and, to be honest, quite silly points, and then proceed to say this proves everything, when all it does it make you look like you are off your rocker.
//whose spirit will return and possess a British (includes Wales, England & N. Ireland) the axis of Evil. //
How will his spirit return? He's not even real?And why would he posses a British country?! How could he do so, when countries aren't living? And, worst of all, you say his spirit will return and posses a British...A British what? You trail off, again. I am getting a migraine from just trying to decipher what you are trying to say.
//There is a chance that the Revelation is pointing towards a future king possessing the spirit of King Arthur.//
Two things.
1) You have yet to prove how, why, who, what, or when. You have also failed to prove how these nonsensical statements you are making correlate to Great Britain at all.
2)There is a greater chance my mother is a pile of pudding.

//2nd Evidence
Second concrete evidence is that Great Britain has 3 slim lions as its coat of arms. Mark- I said 3 slim not strong lions. It is possible that those 3 lions had a body of a leopard.//
What does this have to do with anything. As I have stated, this is mere coincidence. You have not even rebutted my previous arguments against this. Fail. And where in the world do lions and leopards come in!?
//Let's not forget that the Welsh flag is a red dragon. I am sure I have talked about the red dragon in the revelation.//
Erm, I don't think you have. And, again, I have a poster of a dragon in my room. Am I going to spawn the antichrist? I think not. Your points are irrelevant and failtastic.

//3rd Evidence
It should be a country that can sustain itself- yes look north towards Great Britain.//
And, again, why can't Us, Japan, India, China, or Russia be the birth of the antichrist? You assume it will automatically be in Europe. Also, why is Rome too weak? Why are France and Germany too weak? You have given no evidence why.
For your 4th argument, you prove that the antichrist is not from Isreal. This is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the main argument. You just eliminated one country out of the hundreds in the world. Not a big difference.

My arguments still stand, as he has not even responded to them. As of now, I am incredibly sick, and I still make a better argument than my opponent. My arguments extended, my opponent's are nullified. Vote Con, or whatever. Bleck.
Posted by wolfhaines 6 years ago
wolfhaines
Did anybody else spot the massive mistake in Round One? "1707 when Ireland and England joined together". Ummmmm that was Scotland!

I am British. However, having a cultural influence does not solely arise from Empire or Military. Italy has one of worlds most influential cultures. Food, fashion, cosmetics, language. But since the end of the Byzantine era Italy hasn't been able to wipe it's own backside without failing.

Europe's culture is so entwined these days that if the USA and China were to disappear it wouldn't be Britain, but Europe that starts the cultural fashion. Some could argue it even does it already. After all, not much in the USA isn't of European origins, design, thought, influence already.
Posted by mharrison 6 years ago
mharrison
This is a good debate. Now who will be the main false prophet? We always talk about the antichrist but who will be the main false prophet? I first thought it was Michael Jackson with all that fame and wanted the whole world to come together as one. I'm not picking on Michael Jackson, I'm just talking about his status.
Posted by Atheism 6 years ago
Atheism
//The country is currently the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.//

Yes, but since I didn't want to type that exceedingly long name, I left as is. :D. Has anyone noticed my opponent did not rebut the majority of my arguments, and the ones he did, he did so extremely sub-par.
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 6 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
Actually Great Britain is England (including wales), and Scotland.

The country is currently the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Posted by lastrequest691 6 years ago
lastrequest691
Atheism

Instead of criticizing me- Please debate with me.

I have a proof that Prince Charles is the Beast. And it is from the Bible. I wish to debate with a Christian because they are gentle but since you already entered the debate I guess I will have to be longsuffering.
Posted by Atheism 6 years ago
Atheism
Wow, so stupid I just had to take it. Did get confused because of his bad grammar, though.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Blooming heck... that was quite a bizarre rant... I think I need to lay down!
Posted by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
This should be...interesting.
Vote Placed by wesswll 6 years ago
wesswll
lastrequest691AtheismTied
Vote Placed by Shestakov 6 years ago
Shestakov
lastrequest691AtheismTied
Vote Placed by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
lastrequest691AtheismTied