MattHarrison
PatJC123

"Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens sucks

Started: 5/18/2013 Category: Arts

MattHarrison

Pro

The book "Great Expectations that we had to read sucks, but you think it was good for some f*cking reason. Debate me on it.

AVE CAESAR. NOS MOROTARI TE SALVTANT.
PatJC123

Con

I is of my wholesome opinion that the book, Great Expectations, is a quality piece of classic literature. While It may not be one with tons of suspense and action, the plot development between characters and changes in the main character's life make it an interesting read. I accept the challenge.
AVE. NOS MORITURI TE SALVTANT.

P.S. Why is there an unnecessary quotation mark in the middle of your sentence? Just wondering.
MattHarrison

Pro

Thank you Patrick aka Pat aka Pat-Man aka the patypus (get it?) So why does Great Expectations suck? Because all it is is one kid complaining the whole freakin time. That's right, barely a plot, there really isn't a conflict anywhere, and the main character annoys the crap out of everyone. Literally, all this kid does is complain about, and I quote, "I want to be a gentleman." And check this, it happens. Some random a*s guy randomly pays for him to become a gentleman. Then he complains about a girl he likes who doesn't like him back. I can feel the tears coming on. What a sad story that has never happened to anyone ever before. Then the girl treats him like dirt because all he does is whine. When he confesses his love to her, she looks at him with a blank stare and could give less f*cks. I digress, so this kid becomes rich because some guy gives him money, then he spends all his money putting himself in debt, and his poor family that he abandoned so he could be selfish and rich pays off pretty much all of his debts. Even after that, he abandons his family again so he could work with his BFF/ terribly named friend, Herbert. This pretty much sums up this book. In less than 2000 characters, I, Matt Harrison, wrote what it took Charles Dickens years to write.
PatJC123

Con

Now, I will discuss. There is a distinct lack of citrus in my opponent's response. However, I'll give him a double-bypass bonus points and let it go for now. So, here's my thing with it, it was really good. Like, the words that Charlie put on the paper all those moons ago were tots and crabby goodness. They drool with satifaction of the boxes that they stacked on July 4, and that makes me really want to read it, yeah. Also, Charlie had like an awesome beard peice, it had zebra pools and everything. So yeah, it was good?
MattHarrison

Pro

Because my opponent is a d*ckhead, he sucks at debating. Although pretty d*mn funny, the Patypus does not know that stacking boxes is a tradition for Charlie's family on Boxing Day. Also, how could you mention Zebra pools when Steve is cutting Liver into mattresses. That is just insensitive. Furthermore, Pip sucks. He is a whiney b*tch who wants everything pretty much handed to him and than gets it. How realistic! Next debate we will talk about Fahrenheit 451.
PatJC123

Con

My opponent has failed to realize that he is a suck. Now on to more important matters. Why, in some Santa state, would you have livers without the Sky Demon? WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU??!!??!! I can't even poopl on a carpet in peace anymore, you horse sponge wiper. My pudding SPEAKS!!! Holy shi*! what time is it in Norway? Then I see your big lady parts dingling on my door step and I wonder how much of the meth man you seen tuhday, son! TU HUMUNCULUM STULIT ES!!! I zapped a squirrel with a Porche nast butt andn nobody gave me and type of glitter food. Listen to the holes!!!

My opponent has failed to realize that he is a suck. Now on to more important matters. Why, in some Santa state, would you have livers without the Sky Demon? WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU??!!??!! I can't even poop on a carpet in peace anymore, you horse sponge wiper. My pudding SPEAKS!!! Holy sh*t! What time is it in Norway? Then I see your big lady parts dingling on my door step and I wonder how much of the meth man you seen tuhday, son! TU HUMUNCULUM STULIT ES!!! I zapped a squirrel with a Porche nasty gourd and nobody gave me and type of glitter food. Listen to the holes!!!

MattHarrison

Pro

Great Expectations or GTFO
PatJC123

Con

PatJC123 forfeited this round.
MattHarrison

Pro

MattHarrison forfeited this round.
PatJC123

Con

PatJC123 forfeited this round.
Posted by MattHarrison 3 years ago
MattHarrison
Pour that sauce on the meaty macaroni.
Posted by PatJC123 3 years ago
PatJC123
Hippity-hoppity school on fire with a baseball bat, son! Yeah, my shoes tingle and sniff the land upon which I herd the great beasts.
Posted by PatJC123 3 years ago
PatJC123
Yeah!
Posted by PatJC123 3 years ago
PatJC123
So good!
Posted by PatJC123 3 years ago
PatJC123
Oh yeah.
Posted by PatJC123 3 years ago
PatJC123
Yes