1Historygenius
ararmer1919

Greatest Speeches Challenge

1Historygenius

1Historygenius

Pro

Basically, this debate is exactly how it sounds in the title and is similar to several of my battles challenges. In every round, me and my opponent will post a speech made by a historical figure in every round, either by video or text, and the voters will decide what speech is best each round. Whoever has the better speeches wins this debate.

Round 1 is for acceptance only.
ararmer1919

Con

I thank my opponent for starting a really interesting debate and I graciously accept. I'm a huge history buff and I have several speeches already in mind. Let's see who's history knowledge is superior. Only questions I have are wether or not we have to explain why we think they are the best speeches and if sources will be that important?
1Historygenius

Pro

Right then, my first speech is Winston Churchill's epic "we will never surrender" during WW2. http://youtube.com...
ararmer1919

Con

A very strong speech and a good start. Churchill is hard to beat. I shall fire off with one of my personal favorites, "WE Must Fight" by President Ronald Reagan.
1Historygenius

Pro

My next speech is Ike's address to the Allied troops before D-Day.

ararmer1919

Con

Lol, that was actually going to be one I was going to use. Anyway my next speech will be the famous "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death!" By the great Patrick Henry and easily one of the greatest speeches of the American Revolution.

http://www.law.ou.edu...
1Historygenius

Pro

Ronald Reagan's tear down this wall!

http://youtube.com...
ararmer1919

Con

Next up is "I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King JR.
1Historygenius

Pro

Margaret Thatcher's famous "not for turning" speech. I significant speech because she stood and said she would not change her economic policies.

ararmer1919

Con

Say what you want about the man and the wars that followed by President Bush's address to the nation after September 11th was a great speech and one that will be remembered for some time.
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
Nice debate!
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Job well done 1Historygenius =)
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
1Historygeniusararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a very interesting debate that was fun to listen to. Both speeches in round two were very good, but pro's was slightly better; the same is true in round threee, but con's was slightly better this time; rounds four and five I had a little easier time judging pro's as greater. Overall, all the speeches presented were very good, but round-by-round, pro won 3-1.