MrHistory
Bolas

Greeks mythology-Born of Zeus

MrHistory

Pro

Hi,
I'm like Greeks Mythology, but I still don't really know how was Zeus born. I prefer theory about goat Amalthea, but I'd like to hear some of yours theorys and why.
Bolas

Con

Zues was the most simple of births, like most of the gods. Kronos, Titan of time; and Rhea, Titan of Motherhood, well had a child. He was born like any other child. That's all.
MrHistory

Pro

Ok, thank you for yours answer. Yours answer is generally true, but there is no evidence or story about it. But Cronus hated Zeus, so.... I don't really know. But there is another question: How Zeus was raised? There is a theory that I prefer about the goat. How was he raised? Please, forgive me. My debate question wasn't very clearly. Sorry again, but please here is another question. Good luck
Bolas

Con

Okay, this makes much more sense.
Yes, you are very correct, Cronus, also known as Kronos, whichever you prefer, did hate Zues. He ate all his children because of that. But Rhea hated the fact he did that to every child. So she replaced baby Zues with a rock and completely covered it in the traditional baby blanket or whatever you want to call it. Cronus thinking that was Zues ate the rock. Rhea acted like she did when he ate all the gods and started crying, yelling, and stormed out. Cronus thinking he ate Zues, went on with life. Rhea had hid Zues within a cave far away from Mount Othrys and hid his presence so Cronus wouldn't know he existed and wouldn't kill him... Well as close as you can get to killing a god. Rhea visited Zues when she could, but he was mainly raised by nymphs until the age came when it was time for him to kill Cronus.
Now, there is also speculation that when Cronus ate the rock he threw up all the gods and Zues, Posiedon, and Hades killed Cronus and chopped him with his own Scythe. Then threw his pieces down into Tartarus. But, that seems illogical for a five minute old baby to have chopped up his own father.
MrHistory

Pro

Hello. Sorry for taking so long, my internet crashed.
So as I can see you prefer theory about that rock. Well I prefer theory about the goat. About the rock. This rock was right next to Olimp, so that was a dangerous place for Zeus. If Kronus would hear him, he would eat him. I prefer theory with goat, because:
1. Island Crete was in the south of Greece, Olimp was at North East of Greece so Kronos couldn't hear Zeus crying, because of distance and gods who district him.
Bolas

Con

Well there is another theory that states Cronus ruled the sky, sea, and land. So Adamanthea, the nymph raising Zues, had tied to Zues, infant age, to a tree by a rope suspending him in between the ground and sky and sea. Thus causing Cronus unable to hear him. There are other theories that suggest Gaia, which seems very unlikely to me since he eventually imprisoned most of the titans, raised Zues.
MrHistory

Pro

MrHistory forfeited this round.
Posted by Bolas 1 year ago
Bolas
I don't want to waste one of yours either
Posted by Bolas 1 year ago
Bolas
I don't want to waste a round, so please explain to me what the theory of the goat is. In the comment
Posted by Bolas 1 year ago
Bolas
I accept, give me time to give the stories.
Posted by Bolas 1 year ago
Bolas
I'll think about taking this, I spent a lot of my time doing Greek Mythology so I can give a more plausible way of how he was born.