DCMarvel9
frankosaurus

Green Arrow would beat Hawkeye if they ever fought

DCMarvel9

Pro

I believe that Oliver Queen or the Green Arrow would easily beat Hawkeye. Oliver Queen had been stuck on an island for 5 years where he has to train and fight for his survival against the drug lords that inhabited the same island. He was trained by the same mentor who trained the "World's deadliest assassin" Deathstroke who is no pushover. He is considered the best archer in the DC universe and has a wide arrange of arrows to use for any occasion. I can easily say that with the rigorous times he has been through he also has more motivation than Hawkeye who trained in a circus. I now will let my opponent make his case
frankosaurus

Con

I admit that a circus isn't nearly as cool as being trapped on an island. But. I do need to mention that oliver queen was stranded on the said island for five years... Long time. But not as long as Hawkeye spent in the circus. He didn't train himself either. He was trained by the swordsman and trick shot for his entire life.
He met black widow and started using more advanced arrows. He later on joined captain america, quick silver, and the scarlet witch. He trained with them to test his aim by hitting quicksilver and defeating captain america in hand to hand combat. The team went on to defeat people like doctor doom.
As you can see, he's a lot more than a circus clown and is none of the most skilled marksman and martial artist on the planet.
He has a supply of arrows designed by none other than tony stark (ironman). He has enough to last wars and can antisipate what a person will do and counters their move
DCMarvel9

Pro

Con's argument makes some very good points but I will continue to debate for the Green Arrow. My opponent brought up a few of the opponents Hawkeye has faced. This is very impressive but I would like to bring up that in a fallout between the justice league Oliver Queen was able to defeat the likes of superman and of course has faced up against the likes of Doomsday and Solomon Grundy who have more to offer than both Captain America and Quicksilver. Now you mentioned that he managed to hit quicksilver which I find hardly impressive after Oliver was able to hit the Flash who is considered (even by Marvel) the fastest speedster. You also mentioned the use of trick arrows arrows as well. Well I will now list the extensive list of arrows used by Oliver Queen:

Standard Arrow
Bleach Bottle Arrow
Flash grenade Arrow
Greek Fire Arrow
Glue Arrow
Phantom Zone arrow
Acetylene Torch
Acid
Anchor
Anti-Missile
Antler
Aqua-lung
Avalanche
Bait
Balloon
Bazooka
Battering Ram
Billiard Stick
Blackout
Blade
Bloodhound
Bola
Boomerang
Boxing Glove
Buzz-Saw
Cable
Chimney-Sweep
Chloroform
Colored Disc Arrows
Cobweb
Cocoon
Depth-Charge
Diamond
Drill
Dry-Ice
Dynamite/TNT
Electric/Electro-Arrow
Electric Eel Arrow
Electronics
Explosive
Fake Uranium
Fan arrow
Firecracker
Fire extinguisher
Fire-Foam
Fireworks
Fish Hook
Flare
Flash Grenade
Flashlight
Fluted
Fountain-Pen
Gas Pellet
Gelatin
Glider
Glow-Fish Arrows
Greek Fire
Grenade
Glue
Handcuff
Harpoon
Heli-Spotter
Ice-Cutting
Incendiary
Ink
Jellyfish Arrows
Jet
Lariat
Lasso
Lightning
Magnetic
Magnetic-Rope
Midnight
Mummy
Needle
Neon Light Arrow
Net
Octopus Arrows
Oven
Paint/Paintbrush
Parachute Arrow / Arrow-Chute / Para-Arrow
Phantom Zone Arrow
Plastic-Net
Radar
Radio
Rain
Reflector
Ricochet
Ring
Riveting
Rocket
Rope
Saw
Short-Circuit
Signal
Siren
Sleep/Sleeping Gas
Smog-Alert Arrow
Smoke
Smoke-Screen
Step-Ladder
Stun / Stun Grenade
Suction Cup
Supersonic
Sun
Tear Gas
Telescoping
Trail
Trap
Tumbleweed
TV arrow
Two-stage-rocket
Umbrella
Vacuum Arrow
Falcon Arrow (as Robin Hood, having gone back in time)
Yoke Arrow (as Robin Hood, having gone back in time)
Jousting Arrow (as Robin Hood, having gone back in time)
Vine Arrow (as Robin Hood, having gone back in time)
Soot Arrow (as Robin Hood, having gone back in time)

I would like to point out that not all of these are even arrows which shows he is capable of shooting objects around him at the time. I also believe that the feats the arrow has achieved are way more impressive. For example the time when he back-flipped of a building, shot and arrow into the barrel of two guns and still had time too shoot and "arrow-chute" to descend safely
frankosaurus

Con

My opponent makes a good argument and now I know that the green arrow has multiple arrows (not as much as Hawkeye) but anyway. It is partly about the arrows but if it came to hand to hand combat, and I'm pretty sure Hawkeye would beat green arrow. He has been trained in Boxing, Judo, Aikido, Jujutsu, hand techniques in Ninjutsu, Karate, Muay Thai, Escrima, Chin Na, Wing Chun, Northern Shaolin kicking methods and Wushu. He was taught these by none other than captain america and iron fist who is considered the finest martial artist in the world. He has gotten to the point where he has been able to defeat the hand and Electra in hand to hand combat. And if it was down to sword combat, I'm sure Hawkeye would win. He has received training from and beaten the swordsman who is the most skilled swordsman in the world and although he doesn't wield a sword, if he did he would most definitely win. She has trained in nunchucks,throwing knives, daggers, swords, staffs and has been able to master captain Americas shield. He is able to understand how to use virtually any weapons and can work out how to use technology and how things work. He also is a shield agent and what would a shield agent be without a gun.

He has been in the circus and has received more than just archery training, he was trained in both acrobatics and aero acrobatics and is able to achieve the most complex acrobat moves. He is able to use katanas and shurikens and throw them extraordinary distances.
His bow is also custom made and he has a quick release quiver that can allow arrow release at abnormal rates
DCMarvel9

Pro

In my my next argument I will be making more points towards my respective side but I will also prove some of my opponents wrong. Firstly he claimed that Hawkeye utilizes more arrows but through the source of the Marvel wiki page (http://marvel.wikia.com...) we find that really he only used these:

Sonic Arrow
Explosive-tip Arrow
Smoke Bomb Arrow
Flare Arrow
Tear Gas Arrow
Acid Arrow
Suction Cup Arrow
Cable Arrow
Putty Arrow
Bola Arrow
Electro-disrupter Arrow
Net Arrow
Rocket Arrow
Boomerang Arrow

Secondly he also stated that Hawkeye would be far superior in close combat. I believe that the Green Arrow would instead be better. For a start I will bring back the island that Oliver Queen was stranded on. He was trained by again the same mentor that taught Deathstroke who is advanced in dual-wielding combat and also the "World's greatest assassin." He had to use these skills in order to survive on this island. Much better than a sparring match between him and Captain America. You also stated that Iron fist was the finest martial artist in the world which is also wrong as Marvel actually only states that he is "one of the best." Green Arrow then went on to to join the Justice League where he trained further in martial arts to the point that he knew virtually every one. He has been trained in the use of a katana which is way more efficient than Hawkeye's bow which he uses in hand to hand combat. I will also like to point out that Hawkeye uses a gun and this is not true. Through private conversations with my opponent I have learnt that he may be drafting info from the Avengers movie which is a completely unreliable source of information and in which Hawkeye did use a gun. My opponent makes a good point in saying that Hawkeye has trained since childhood which tells me that he might not be doing as much research on my side of the argument as if he did he would know that Oliver has been training since his childhood as well through inspiration from his idol "Robin Hood." I use this to again back up the case that Oliver's training is superior. I will now let my opponent make his case
frankosaurus

Con

My opponent has said that clint doesn't have as many arrows as I've said. If the viewers would click on the link and look at the bottom of the list they would see all of hawk eyes arrows. The ones he said were just the most common ones but if Clint gets to choose he will choose one or two of each.
The debate as far as I'm concerned will end in me winning, losing, or a stale mate. The stale mate will occur if or heroes have the same weapons and arrows, him winning will occur if Clint doesn't get a choice in weapons and arrows. And me winning will occur if Clint gets a choice. It will also vary depending on the location of the fight.
My opponent keeps coming back to the island. And that the green arrow had trained since he was a boy too.
I feel that robin hood was my idol when I was younger. Yet I didn't feel the urge to follow in his footsteps.
And the island. I know he was there, its just that before the island I remember him having girlfriends and drinking and getting speeding tickets. I didn't see much training. Clint found his love for archery and practiced and trained then got money for it. He now spends at least two hours a day practicing.
He also said that iron fist isn't the best martial artist in the world. True. But he is considered the best because of his chi, durability, speed, strength, etc.
Even without his iron punch he has lasted long enough with wolverine that he had to give up. This means that even without very good strength he has won against two of the worlds best peak human martial artists in the world. This must count for something.
I will hand over the debate to my opponent after we discuss in private where it'll be and what weapons they shall get
DCMarvel9

Pro

In my final argument I would like to make the point that my opponent has said some untrue things about my side. He says and I quote, "And the island. I know he was there, its just that before the island I remember him having girlfriends and drinking and getting speeding tickets. I didn't see much training." This may be that my opponent has been watching too much of the (very good) TV show "Arrow" and/or been reading the comics based on the show where for his whole life he had been a troublemaker. In the original origins Oliver did have a phase in his life where he was a drunken playboy yes but this was only a very small phase in his life and it was during his time with his uncle. The whole point in DC creating the island was to get Oliver back on track and realize that he needs to use his ability for the good of the people. Every hero goes through different phases and a good example of Hawkeye was his time spent being dead. Hawkeye was killed while on a murder during a fight with a Kree warcraft. His quiver set on fire and his explosive arrows exploded which sent hawkeye into the into the engine of the ship therefore saving his team-mates. Amazing way to go out but one, Oliver Queen's whole costume is fire-proof and two, He has defeated and killed Parallax, one of the most powerful beings in the DC universe. So hawkeye is killed by a simple fire and while he Green Arrow defeated one of the most dangerous characters in DC. I think its obvious who is better here. Luckily Hawkeye was resurrected so Oliver won't be fighting a corpse. My opponent also states that I only stated Hawkeye's most common arrows which after some research this turned out to be true and I apologize for not noticing the link at the bottom of the page. However Con also states that if Hawkeye got to choose he would win as he would take two of each. I think this is false as if he arrows I originally stated were his most commonly used then surely he would stock up on those arrows rather than all of them. My opponent also states that Robin Hood was his childhood idol but never wanted to follow in his footsteps. I find this irrelevant to his argument as that does not make Hawkeye better. I urge the voters to vote Pro as my opponent has come up with unreliable facts and it is obvious that Oliver Queens feats are of higher standard. Thank you for reading.
frankosaurus

Con

Pro makes a good argument but I now realize that I can't decide what arrows Hawkeye would take. However, neither can pro. He also stated that the fact that robin hood was my idol was irrelevant. Pro misunderstood this because I wasn't aiming for this to be relevant. I was simply stating that it isn't normal to train because of an idol. I guess the oliver would have the money to train but I don't think it was intense training as Clint would be doing at that age. Pro states that all the arrows that the green arrow uses, I doubt that the green arrow's quiver can hold that many different arrows. He must have some that he carries without preparation, as I don't know these I have to leave it to the readers to find that and apply it the the vote. Also as this is the last side of the debate, pro cannot correct me on this.
I also must state that the fact that Hawkeye has died isn't a weakness, I would think its a strength. The fact that he is back just adds to how awesome he is. If anything, the fact that green arrow hasn't died is just stupid. Hawkeye and green arrow are similar. The fact that there was a fire didn't kill Hawkeye. If the green arrow's quiver had a fire in it and the explosive arrows exploded. I'm sure that he would easily die.
I'm also sure that when green arrow died but it turned out it was just a kid napping, it was because they wanted to kill him off. Technically they both died, but DC didn't want to admit it. Marvel brought him back to life
I shall now leave it to the voters to vote on whom they think is better