liam2002
lord_megatron

Green laterns are bad guys

lord_megatron

liam2002

Pro

The Green laterns are NOT heros because they enforce their law on other planets weather or not those planets agree with them. I also disagree with their ways of getting new members, they just send the ring to go find willfull people and then pick them up and fly them to Oa. I would not enjoy being picked up and flown to space.
lord_megatron

Con

First of all, they don't really enforce "their" law. They just make sure that innocents are not hurt and justice is carried. I think all planets would agree with that law.
"I also disagree with their ways of getting new members, they just send the ring to go find willful people and then pick them up and fly them to Oa"
You contradict yourself, the ring find WILFUL people for their law enforcement. Furthermore it is a choice whether to join the Green Lantern Corps or not. The ring will keep on giving you powers regardless of whether you are an official member or not. Hal Jordan had come back to Earth after he did badly at the initiation. He still got to keep his powers despite not officially being part of the corps.
The Green Lanterns carry out justice throughout galaxies wherever its needed. If Parallax had destroyed everything, then would you still call the Green Lanterns as bad guys? They are but ordinary citizens with extraordinary super powers.
liam2002

Pro

liam2002 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Con

Green Lanterns basically defend the right of free will, not curtail it. They carry out justice throughout the galaxy. And who doesn't like superpowers?
Posted by lord_megatron 11 months ago
lord_megatron
Well, Shockwave would be happy for a logical world to be formed, an anyways overusing a resource (cough...fuel...cough) doesn't make you a villain.
Posted by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
He's talking about claims from one character that by using the power rings, they are using up emotions, or making things turn black and white... I don't get it, but that's DC for you. http://greenlantern.wikia.com...
Posted by lord_megatron 11 months ago
lord_megatron
What is the color spectrum? If you are referring to the comics I haven't read them
Posted by liam2002 11 months ago
liam2002
In the green lantern story line "lights out" the green lanterns find out that the source of their power comes from the color spectrum and if they keep using their rings the color spectrum will run out and the universe will blow up. The Green lanterns know this and yet they still continue to use them. That is why I call them bad guys. I also think that the Green lanterns are the most dangerous villains in DC because very little people consider them villains and even have the justice league thinking they are Hero's.

(this was exposed to be my second argument but I didn't type it in time so I put it as a comment)
Posted by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
Define bad guys... right now someone could win by shoqing pictures of female members.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
liam2002lord_megatronTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. ... Due to pro's activity in the comment section, I suggest a rematch.