Guitar Competition of Awesomeness

Started: 6/30/2012 Category: Arts

1: Acceptance, Clarifications

2-4: Guitar Shredding Badassery

1. Each of your rounds must be a different genre (e.g. Rock, Classical, Bluegrass). Our rounds function independently in this regard.

2. All music must come from your guitar. No pre-recorded tracks.
3. You can use effects pedals, but try to make the music come from the guitar, so it doesn't end up sounding like Megatron and a dragon having vigorous sex.
4. Post your round as one YouTube video that is under 5-minutes in length.
5. You may use the character space to talk about your composition, but no points will be derived from your descriptions.

Please, only vote if you are a musician or musically inclined. Judges should vote on three criteria on a score between 1-10, so the maximum score for each competitor's round is 30 and for the entire debate, 90. Only vote using the "Convincing Arguments" voting button (3 points).

MUSICIANSHIP (Mood, Dynamics, Style, Control)
PRESENTATION (Memorized, Comforatable, Captivating)
SELECTION (Difficulty, Quality)

Good luck, and kittens!

(plagiarism; vid removed at request of owner)

thanks for posting this fun debate. this is 1 of my covers of "never forget" from halo i did in febuary.

good luck to my opponent this shuld be fun!

I thank Masterguitarist for accepting, as he is sure to be a great opponent.

Some issues I'd like to clear up:
1) Please post videos of yourself playing that have been recorded for this debate. Mentioning what you're playing the songs for will alleviate any suspicion of videos not being from you.
2) The format states that rounds 2-4 are reserved for Guitar Shredding Badassery. If you would like to post that same song, post it in round 2, as music posted in round 1 doesn't count.
3) State the genre of your music, so we are sure the different rounds have different genres

My Music Selections

Hungarian Dance No. 5 - Johannes Brahms
This piece is a fast, challenging classical song that is difficult to get down on the guitar, especially when it's 86 degrees in your room and you're sweating like an obese walrus during mating season.

Spanish Song
I tried for about 30 minutes to find the name of this song, but alas, it is obscure. This emotional Spanish, Classical guitar song features the use of volatile dynamics and soft whispers. I enjoy serenading and marinading with this song.

Masterguitarist forfeited this round.

Extend my melodious guitar shredding badassery.

Masterguitarist forfeited this round.

Masterguitarist forfeited this round.
Posted by Lasagna 4 years ago
That intro was the perfect balance of creepy, funny, and professional
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
LOL I loved that opening, Pro.
Posted by vmpire321 4 years ago
dat dead debate
Posted by Oryus 4 years ago
You should ask that guy if he wants to do a debate on the site in that format once he makes an account! That would be awesome haha
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
(All via YouTube messaging)

I asked the guy who owned that channel if he was involved in a debate on, and he replied, "no, why?"

I continued, "Because someone is using your video as if he is you in this debate [posts link]." He replied, "what in the world is going on in this guys head? thanks for showing me man, i'll see who this poser thinks he is. by the way, that video doesnt really show much skill (halo), its just i heard it again after so many years and just had to learn it. Also my band is releasing an album later in the month, and i guess that should show original music haha. Im making an account on that site and im going to contact him..."
Good times.... Anyway, does anyone else want to battle me on a new debate with this same format?
Posted by Oryus 4 years ago
Sad, sad plagiarizer. *pointing finger of shame*
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
Hey good job to both of you, especially wallsteetatheist.

One of you should do this:
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
@peacenotwar500 Yes, you can vote! You're a pianist; therefore, you're a musician. I just don't want people to vote on the debate who are inexperienced with understanding music.

@MouthWash Hungarian Dance No. 5 is the most famous of the dances and one of the most famous Classical pieces of all time. You've probably heard it a few times in movies, television shows, radio programs.

@Oryus I thought to myself, "How would a pretentious British person from the 19th Century start this clip?"
Posted by peacenotwar500 4 years ago
Grade 9 RCM pianist, but I don't know a thing aout guitar because I haven't tried it. Am I still qualified to vote?
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
The Hungarian Dance sounded familiar... maybe I remember it from a movie?
Vote Placed by Maikuru 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's piece was very impressive was the only one.