Jovard
Big_Moist

Guitar Is Cooler Than Bass

Jovard

Pro

I would like to begin my argument by saying that I do not think bass isn't important or cool I just think that guitar is a cooler instrument. Guitar is way cooler than bass because it is just plain out more fun to play. Guitar parts in songs are typically more fun to play unless you are talking about playing stuff from Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primus, and other bands like them. The majority of songs have more fun guitar parts than bass parts.
Big_Moist

Con

Oh mother fcking cocck sucking cuum guzzling piece of degenerate trash who is long overdue killing himself with a piece of $h!t razor blade in a dark alley way full of people ready to raape the dead body and contract gonorrhea, I daamn straight know I have not just read the debate topic with the eyes godd has given me. Jk, In all seriousness, Bass is much cooler than guitar. Bass is the unsung hero of the band. It adds so much to the overall presence that a song contrives. First off, There are 3 parts to music, melody, harmony, and rhythm. Bass encompasses both harmony and rhythm in a song while a [Lead] Guitar only encompasses melody. Basically, it doesn't provide as much to the band. Second reasoning, Bass [Sound] is just much cooler anyway. Have you ever turned only the treble on in your car stereo? Sounds Like $h!t. Have you ever turned on just the Bass? Still $h!t, but definitely not as bad. After all, you don't here dubstep creators saying drop the treble or lead guitar when a cool part in a song comes on. Third, I am going to denounce your statement proclaiming that Bass Parts in songs are more "Boring" In songs because there is too much variety of music where this doesn't hold true and the guitar plays like one chord all song while bass is jamming out. Heck, Bass is even a more widely accepted instrument overall. Because of it's subtle nature, it can be played in almost any genre, unlike guitars, which have more defined tastes. And last, you don't know what true fun is until you learn to play slap bass. Holy fcking $h!t. That $h!t is off the walls. Slap guitar you say??? Get the ffuck out.
Jovard

Pro

First of all I wanted to keep this debate civil you piece of $hit. Secondly you say that bass is the unsung hero of the band when I had already acknowledged that bass was very important all I'm trying to say is that Guitar is cooler.
Also you say that bass provides two of the three main parts of music where as lead guitar only provides one. Firstly, I'm not only talking about lead guitar I'm talking about all kinds of guitar including rhythm. The combination of lead and rhythm guitar provides all three of the main parts of music and makes the song amazing. Secondly, can you imagine rock music without guitars? It would suck. Bass may provide harmony and rhythm but melody is overall the most important part of music. Music wouldn't be as good if their was no melody it would get boring after awhile just listening to the bass line over and over.
I should have clarified at the beginning of this debate that I am talking about in the rock, hard rock, and metal genres guitar is cooler. In genres like Jazz, funk, and dubstep bass is the much cooler and more important instrument but not in rock.
Big_Moist

Con

Okay, so I obviously see that you want to take this argument to the intellectual standing point of a baboon trying to use a typewriter with nothing but his bare nipples. So here's my first counter counter claim. Pick up a F"cking guitar. Pick up a F"cking bass. Take each one and throw them at the wall. which one brakes first? The fragile A$$ guitar will snap in 2 seconds because it shares the same delicate personality of the people who play them. The bass will stay strong and determined like the players that play bass. Second reason, basses have bigger tuning pegs. The tuning pegs on an instrument are relative to the size of the player's penis. Therefore, guitar players have tiny d!cks. Third, A gallon of soy sauce is only enough to drown 15 mice. no more, no less. This means that a bass is cooler than a guitar. And finally...

The church of Hagia Sophia (literally "Holy Wisdom") in Constantinople, now Istanbul, was first dedicated in 360 by Emperor Constantius, son of the city"s founder, Emperor Constantine. Hagia Sophia served as the cathedra, or bishop"s seat, of the city. Originally called Megale Ekklesia (Great Church), the name Hagia Sophia came into use around 430. The first church structure was destroyed during riots in 404; the second church, built and dedicated in 415 by Emperor Theodosius II, burned down during the Nika revolt of 532, which caused vast destruction and death throughout the city. Immediately after the riots, Emperor Justinian I (r. 527"65) ordered the church rebuilt. The new building was inaugurated on December 27, 537. Architects Anthemios of Tralles and Isidoros of Miletos most likely were influenced by the mathematical theories of Archimedes (ca. 287"212 B. The vast, airy naos, or central basilica, with its technically complex system of vaults and semi-domes, culminates in a high central dome with a diameter of over 101 feet (31 meters) and a height of 160 feet (48.5 meters). This central dome was often interpreted by contemporary commentators as the dome of heaven itself. Its weight is carried by four great arches, which rest on a series of tympana and semi-domes, which in turn rest on smaller semi-domes and arcades. This complicated structural system was prone to problems: the first dome collapsed in 558, to be rebuilt in 562 to a greater height. Earthquakes and earth subsidence have also taken their toll on the building over the centuries, although the surviving main structure is essentially that which was first built between 532 and 537. The interior of Hagia Sophia was paneled with costly colored marbles and ornamental stone inlays. Decorative marble columns were taken from ancient buildings and reused to support the interior arcades. Initially, the upper part of the building was minimally decorated in gold with a huge cross in a medallion at the summit of the dome. After the period of Iconoclasm (726"843), new figural mosaics were added, some of which have survived to the present day. After Mehmed II"s conquest of the city in 1453, Hagia Sophia was converted to a mosque (Ayasofya Camii), which it remained until the fall of the Ottoman empire in the early twentieth century. A view of Hagia Sophia during the conquest is conveyed in a woodcut by Pieter van Aelst, the Younger, depicting the procession of S"leyman the Magnificent through the Hippodrome (28.85.7a). During this period, minarets were built around the perimeter of the building complex, Christian mosaic icons were covered with whitewash, and exterior buttresses were added for structural support. In 1934, the Turkish government secularized the building, converting it into a museum, and the original mosaics were restored.

-Mr. Mills Class, 2014-2015
And that is why basses are better than guitars forever and for always. <3
Jovard

Pro

Yeah all I have to say to that is f@ck you.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
This is under religion?