amazingtechno19
Anonymous-Scientist

Gum chewing should be allowed in school.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

amazingtechno19

Pro

Anonymous-Scientist

Con

I agree that gum should be allowed in schools, but you have to take into consideration that there are some people who would abuse this freedom. Sticking there used gum to walls, throwing it onto the floor, or mashing it to the underside of a desk. This would be quite a big mess. Then there might be complaints from janitors who get on there knees all afternoon scraping up dried gum some of them might even go on strike, then there wouldn't be anyone to clean anything. In conclusion I would really enjoy this idea, its most likely not going to happen.
amazingtechno19

Pro

Counter Argument 1:This can easily be avoided by not allowing people to stick it anywhere and make them clean after themselves.

Argument 2:I have Autism (High-functioning) and suffer from Anxiety disorder (linked to Hyperventilation Syndrome), ADHD, and OCD at the same time and chew gum. When I chew gum, I don't suffer these conditions. Why force someone to suffer these diseases when gum can solve these problems?
Anonymous-Scientist

Con

Well, its not that simple. Its hard it always see who is making the mess. There are usually too many students in a school to keep watch over them 24/7. I do believe however in your situation, you should be allowed to chew gum if it truly helps you either focus perform better on test or even just regular work.
amazingtechno19

Pro

Counter Argument 2: Closed-Circuit monitoring watches classrooms 24/7.

Argument 3: Chewing sugar-free gum freshens breath and fights cavities.
Anonymous-Scientist

Con

Counter Argument to Counter Argument 2: Not all school have the funds to purchase cameras to watch the students.

Other than that, I agree with you on all fronts.
amazingtechno19

Pro

Counter Argument 3: Teachers can check desks for gum before the bell rings.

Argument 4: Chewing gum stimulates digestive system, improving digestion.
Anonymous-Scientist

Con

Counter Argument to Counter Argument 3: would love to think of this as the only place where students would chew gum, but sadly students might go outside of class and do the same thing I explained in Round 1.

Argument 5: I still agree with you that chewing gum could be helpful, but there are just too many irresponsible students to make it a nation wide freedom in schools.
amazingtechno19

Pro

Counter Argument 4: At my school, there are Closed-Circuit Monitoring, and teachers walking down the halls everyday, therefore invalidating your Counter Argument.

Argument 5: Chewing gum (surprisingly) helps with respiration by producing Oxygen and disposes Carbon Dioxide.

Closing: You shouldn't have to be required to suffer mental, respiratory, and/or digestive problems. You should be allowed to chew gum in school.
Anonymous-Scientist

Con

Anonymous-Scientist forfeited this round.
Posted by InGodwetrust33 2 years ago
InGodwetrust33
Some schools allow gun chewing so long as it's done quietly and is dispose of properly. There are some classes where you wouldn't want to be chewing it like music or PE because it's a choking hazard. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but there is also the argument that it can get out of hand because there's always one or two who start passing it around, playing with it, sticking it under their desk, or popping loud bubbles with it.