DarthDebater
Grovenshar

Gun Control (For or Against)

DarthDebater

Con

Gun control is a joke.First off why is gun control a problem?......CRIMINALS and Gun Control applies to the criminals who don't follow rules laws or regulation so why would we ban guns knowing the people who abuse them(guns) wont heed to the law.
Grovenshar

Pro

First off, let me define our terms.

Gun Control - Bans or restrictions placed on a dangerous firearm or a firearm capable of killing another human being with one shot

With that in mind, we have to look at the hard data. In the U.K., a ban on handguns directly correlates with a lower murder rate. (If you want the exact statistics, I can show them to you. I have them on file, just in paper form). This is also true for Australia. So, how can this be? If my opponent's untested assertion is correct, than why do these rates drop? These rates drop because the people who are law abiding citizens cease to sell their merchandise or sell their merchandise selectively. Therefore, the supply of guns decreases. The impulsive and criminally inclined people who would shoot somebody now don't have as much access to guns. Therefore, the only issue to be worried about is the black market. Fortunately, the black market isn't widely accessed. So, the supply of guns there will be largely untapped.

Gun control is not a joke. It is an effective method of saving lives, which is the primary job of the government.
DarthDebater

Con

Okay first off I'm just gonna say people have guns for different reasons:Gun control laws do not stop crime; gun ownership stops crime.Gun control laws infringe upon the right to self-defense and deny people a sense of safety. According to the National Rifle Association (NRA), guns are used for self-defense 2.5 million times a year.Gun control laws, especially those that try to ban "assault weapons," infringe upon the right to own guns for hunting and sport. And as you know (or you should) alot of people like to shoot i you shouldn't keep people from doing so.
Grovenshar

Pro

There's more than one way to control guns. The right to keep and bear arms does not outweigh the right to life. Reasonable restrictions are allowed to exist. I would say that a ban on handguns, a device created only to kill humans, is within reason because it has proven effects to protect lives. However, rifles are a different matter. That type of gun control has different effects. Until you can provide evidence from both sides to compare and contrast. However, in certain situations, gun control is a justifiable restriction of liberty in order to preserve life.
DarthDebater

Con

DarthDebater forfeited this round.
Grovenshar

Pro

My opponent forfeited last round. I'm pretty sure that I've own.
DarthDebater

Con

DarthDebater forfeited this round.
Grovenshar

Pro

Habitual thingamabob.
DarthDebater

Con

DarthDebater forfeited this round.
Posted by Vaktus 1 year ago
Vaktus
A gun ban is an example of gun control, so it is in fact a form of gun control. While the definition might not be the same, it is an example.
Posted by KRTxBallistic 1 year ago
KRTxBallistic
Gun control =/= gun ban
Posted by LimeJello_yummy 1 year ago
LimeJello_yummy
Hello my name is Jonah. I considered accepting this debate proposal, however I do not meet your age or rank criteria. I am 17, but I feel I can debate in an organized and appropriate manner and ask that you trust me to be a mature adult in my conduct. If you change the criteria within the next 48 hours I will try to accept by Wednesday night, or earlier if possible. If not, I will leave you alone, no questions asked. I understand if you choose not to change your criteria. Thank you for reading.