JordanBelfort
KeyserSoze115

Gun Control - Less Regulation

KeyserSoze115

JordanBelfort

Pro

I believe that Gun Control is an infringement on your rights as an American citizen. I believe that the liberal argument that, "since they are newer the rules don't apply" is false. I believe that most of the Anti-Gun Control people are uneducated and try to use as little facts as possible. I believe that Concealed Carriers do stop crimes and although that may not be stated outright as a right of the people, it is a good law and it should not be taken. Finally, I believe that there IS is such a thing as a "safe gun."
KeyserSoze115

Con

So you believe every gun should be available to the public? So like a 50 caliber machine gun is ok to sell to an average civilian? Really? Where does it end? Should we let them buy Predator drones as well? What about background checks? Surely you believe that when certain people have been deemed by society to be dangerous then they shouldn't be aloud to obtain weapons that enable mass death. Yes we have rights but a responsible society knows the limits of those rights. Just like you can't yell fire in a packed movie theatre you have to regulate the distribution of firearms.
JordanBelfort

Pro

Let me start this rebuttal with this obvious liberal tactic of miscommunication and characterization. I never said that "50 caliber machine gun" (please use real examples please), should be legal. It should be very obvious that actual weapons of ware, Fully automatic rifles, to group a bunch, should not be available to the public. That's just common sense. And as we move to your next statement, the predator drones. No those should not be allowed for public use. Once again. common sense. Background checks should be a good thing but they are not. I will submit, there should be an easy way, such as a background check, to get your gun. By the way, to get a gun anywhere, you need a background check. But the reason why they don't work as they should is that in numerous cases, veterans who have PTSD have been denied the right to buy a gun because of the mental condition and that's not right. We trust them with fully automatic rifles in the military but not with semi automatics at home..? And what do you mean "deemed by society?" "Society" thinks that people spreading"hate speech" on the internet are dangerous. We should trust society with that characterization..? Also, Gun crime is at an all time low in the United States with the highest gun ownership ever. They aren't weapons of mass death, people are weapons of mass death. Finally, you cannot bring up the fire in the movie theater. It is a call to action. It serves no purpose to use as an argument. I agree firearms should be regulated, but there needs to be a new way to do so.
KeyserSoze115

Con

I am glad we both agree that there are some firearms that shouldn't be available to the public. It seems our disagreement is where to draw the line. As long as we are using common sense to determine where that line is drawn I would argue that according to most polls the majority of Americans common sense lead them to agree that assault rifles should not be available to the public. I would also ask you to explain the logic in which a 50 caliber machine gun shouldn't be available to the public but an AR15 should be. It seems you believe background checks are a good thing in certain situations. I agree. However I believe one of the situations where it is a good is for keeping firearms out of the hands of mentally unstable people. Including those with PTSD. Including veterans. I'm sorry I just don't think mentally unstable people should have access to firearms that would enable them to harm innocent people or themselves regardless of their admirable service to this great country. By "deemed by society" I mean we as Americans coming together to form a society including elected representatives making laws to prevent firearms from falling in the hands of those proven to be dangerous or mentally unstable. And yes people spreading "hate speech" on the Internet is dangerous just look at all the violence ISIS has inspired over the Internet. And if we don't trust society with that characterization then who do we trust? Yes "people are weapons of mass death" but guns enable people to reach a more extreme level of mass death. I don't think we should ban all guns only those deemed by common sense to be too dangerous in the hands of the public.
JordanBelfort

Pro

JordanBelfort forfeited this round.
KeyserSoze115

Con

No objections? Then I am glad we agree.
Posted by JordanBelfort 8 months ago
JordanBelfort
Yes it is. There is a song about it and I am really into it so that's why i chose the name.
Posted by bballcrook21 8 months ago
bballcrook21
Isn't that the name of the person that the Wolf of Wall Street was about?
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 8 months ago
tajshar2k
JordanBelfortKeyserSoze115Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not really an argument made by pro, plus he conceded
Vote Placed by Codedlogic 8 months ago
Codedlogic
JordanBelfortKeyserSoze115Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by Variable_X 8 months ago
Variable_X
JordanBelfortKeyserSoze115Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is my friend