dsavage1998
anna-southard

Gun Control (Read entire opening statement before voting)

dsavage1998

Con

I want to start off by saying that I am horrified as school shootings and mass shootings continue, I want to send my condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in those tremendous acts of violence.

I now want to address the fact that some people say that we need gun control, but I want to ask a few questions first.
1) If the government does in fact come and take my guns away from me, can they guarantee that lawless individuals will follow the same laws?
2) Can you guarantee me that the illegal persons will willingly turn in their guns? Or are the villains just going to pretend they do not have any firearms and then when the time is right, shoot up a bunch of people who cannot adequately protect themselves? 3) If all firearms are made illegal, is that going to take them off the black market? If so, why has that idea not worked with drugs such as methamphetamine, Heroin, psychedelic mushrooms/shrooms, or LSD?

I will now propose an idea I think could work, and if this has already happened in your state/country, please let me know how it is working please let me know in the comments. I want to suggest that instead of the government seizing the firearms, we make background checks more in-depth, and people with certain mental instability, drug abuse, and/or violent crimes could not legally get their hands on a firearm.

For people who want to know my side of this, I am a gun owner, and I say that extreme gun control, that is the kind where the government comes and apprehends any and all firearms in the home and workplace, is not the way to go. That is why I think my proposal/idea/thought could be a better choice.

For the polls, votes are on whether you agree with the proposal.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it.
Dsavage1998
anna-southard

Pro

Unless mentally insane we should have guns to deafened ourselves against intruders and there are some who like guns. And being a felon says nothing about you . you can be arrested for fighting does that mean your violent . no you could have been arrested for defending yourself
dsavage1998

Con

Please correct me if I am incorrect, You think that unless you are mentally insane we should have guns to defend ourselves against intruders and criminals, however, you think that being a felon says nothing about you, because you can be arrested for fighting, but that does not mean you are violent, and you could have been arrested for defending yourself.

I think that being a felon does say a little about the person you are, If you got drunk and went for a drive and killed someone, that means you are irresponsible with your drinking habits, If you got high and killed someone, you are responsible for that, If you flat out killed somebody, INTENTIONALLY, and you go to prison for INTENTIONAL murder, then that could prove you to be mentally unstable, because I think that if you look somebody in the eye and say, I could kill you, and do so with a clear conscience and think it was OK, then you are absolutely bonkers.
Yes you can be arrested for fighting, that could potentially be an issue for people who tried to defend themselves, but there is no need to beat the attacker to a pulp because of what he/she did, if it comes to it, knock the attacker out, and run away, if you use a gun to defend yourself, injure the perpetrator and then run away. As a guideline, we should injure attackers before you kill them.
anna-southard

Pro

You cant blame a person say some on hurt a member of your family they might get away with It Blake dated a 13 year old squirrel beat him to a bloody mess because Blake is in his 20s.sqirrls cousin never dated Blake again because he was scared of squirrel. SEE SOME TIMES being a felon for good thing yes squirrel got sent to jail . Blake never did it again. I've seen cops do bad things kill people and such like in Clanton in jail a man was beat to death by a cop .NEVER REPORTED. And the cop still has a gun and job. Yes killing some one can be bad depending on the circumstances. Petty theft is a felony are they going to take my gun NO. all of this are examples that it can be bad .
dsavage1998

Con

I am left partially speechless, mainly because I can barely understand what you are saying. Please clarify.
For one thing, "Blake" was over 18, which means he was an adult, thus not being able to date a minor, so that was illegal.
Police make mistakes as well, I am not condoning the police officers mistake, He should have been punished for it. Is petty theft a violent crime?
anna-southard

Pro

No But it is still a felony so all where arrested or should have been except for the girl but felons you said none should have guns.
dsavage1998

Con

Didn't I say Violent/Murderous Criminals? I have spoken to many different people at my school who say that murderous criminals should not be able to have firearms at all. I know that some people make mistakes, and mistakes should be forgiven, but just because people have been forgiven or say you are sorry does not mean that the punishment goes away. if you kill someone, and then you say sorry, does that mean that the dead person comes back to life? What form of Gun control would you recommend?
anna-southard

Pro

Yes I agree most murders are inexcusable. But not all crimes that seam violent are violent. IF this where true many people would be dead because of it .
dsavage1998

Con

Can you give me an example of a crime that actually happened that seemed violent but wasn't? I'm not saying that my proposal is perfect and I believe that I said that before, and I am open to change.
anna-southard

Pro

anna-southard forfeited this round.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
From my understanding of gun control, it doesn't takeaway guns. It just makes more background checks to insure criminals or insane people don't get guns. Please correct me if I'm wrong.