XxFoxlordxX
bond_jamesbond101

Gun Control, good or bad?

bond_jamesbond101 has forfeited round #2.

XxFoxlordxX

Pro

I have seen many differing opinions on this issue. I will be arguing for the individual's right to keep and bear arms as given by the Bill of Rights. Con will argue against either, a system of fairly loose limitations, such as the United States,. Or, the ability to own guns at all. I would prefer an opponent with the second opinion, but I will go either way.

Round one is acceptance.
Round two is opening statements and arguments.
Round three is rebuttal, please no new points unless it is related to a specific rebuttal.
Round four is conclusion.

If you would like to debate this topic and did not get the chance, DM me and we'll figure something out.
bond_jamesbond101

Con

I accept the debate.
XxFoxlordxX

Pro

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." We all know this as the second amendment in the Bill of Rights. A document that came soon after the Constitution limiting the powers of the Federal Government and giving unalienable rights to the people of the United States. The fact that this says,"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Should be reason alone. Also, the second amendment does not give us this right, but it protects it.

I would also like to define some terms. Semi automatic. A firing mode in fire arms that fires one bullet at a time and ejects the casing of the fired bullet. Fully automatic fire arms fire many bullets at a time with one pull of the trigger.

Gun control does not limit gun crime or violence , but it rather increases it. According to a well researched article which can be found here, http://www.justfacts.com... In 1980, when Chicago enacted it's hand gun ban later found by the Supreme Court to be unconstitutional, violent crime skyrocketed. In 1994, the Clinton crime bill is introduces and soon after, the ban is lifted and violent crime is lower than it was 20 years prior.

The United States department of Crime and Justice conducted a survey that found that citizens had used a firearm in a situation they felt an innocent would have lost their lives if they haven't, The rate that this happened over the course of a year was 600,000 times. This also excluded military service, law enforcement, and jobs as security.

And aso of 1016, there were 371 million guns in America. Of that amount 146 million were hand guns.

In a nation wide Gallup poll, 60% of gun owners said they owned guns to protect themselves from crime. 36% said for hunting, and 21 percent for recreational purposes. A survey was also taken with male felons across 11 federal prisons about deterration by guns. Over a third were harmed, captured or deterred by an armed victim. Over half in the survey personally knew someone who was in the other category.

With the aforementioned info, heavy gun restrictions increase crime against civilians, and gun bans as a whole are indeed determined to be unconstitutional. Thus, heavy gun restrictions make no sense.

Good luck to my opponent.
Posted by Rangshmuck 5 months ago
Rangshmuck
@XxFoxlordxX I really enjoy how you post the same rebuttal comment four different times. It is a great display of your vast intelligence.
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 10 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
@backardssedan I really enjoy how you accuse other people of, "stalking" you but then you do the exact same. And I thought you said you wouldn't pay attention to a, "compulsive liar," like me. I would like it more if you provided proof of your arguments. I have frequently shot guns of many kinds. I highly doubt you could handle the recoil from an AK-47. And since you're so sure that the second amendment is going away, you shouldn't concern yourself with this. You know zip about your own laws, just like you know nothing about Christianity
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 10 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 10 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 10 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
Posted by backwardseden 10 months ago
backwardseden
You are 15 fricken years old. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that you can know ANYTHING AT ALL about guns. PERIOD. Perhaps you should have someone you know go into your place of work and murder hid girlfriend. Then you see him only do 4 years of prison time. Then he touches you at the middle of the downtown bus station and he tells you that he is the manager at a local restaurant. GREAT! Just what we should all do is go out and murder out girlfriends just so we can have a high paying career waiting for us when we get out of prison. Pathetic.
Oh and btw, there's no such a thing as defending yourself with a gun. Its a myth.
Oh and btw, the 2nd amendment and all your gun rights are going to go POOF within 5 years or less. Let's see if you are smart enough to know why.
Oh and btw if there is a gun with a woman in the home, she is 3x more likely to be murdered. I'm surprised its not 20x.
You know zip about guns, just like you know zip about religion. Get edumacated. THEN make a case.