luchau
Robert_Weiler

Gun Control

Started: 3/12/2015 Category: Technology

luchau

Pro

Rebuttal to this?
I would argue that an AR-15 is much more lethal then either grenades or a flamethrower. If I have either of those two devices I am limited to inflicting damage to people within about a 40 yard range. With a standard AR-15 my range is greatly increased to over 200 yards. I would argue that an AR-15 is a weapon of mass destruction in a civilian setting. In your opinion what is so recreational about it? The fact that it holds a standard 30 round magazine (that can easily be upgraded) or the fact that it can be easily modified to make it fully automatic?
Robert_Weiler

Con

First, the AR-15 fires a .223 caliber bullet. A very small bullet, fractionally larger than a .22 caliber. Here is a humerous description of what a small caliber bullet does compared to a .45 caliber (which many police officers use).
https://www.youtube.com...

The AR-15 has many advantages over other rifles, it is lighter, more accurate, and easier to use than other rifles.

As far as lethality, an AR-15 is no more lethal than any other rifle used for hunting or recreational shooting, and less lethal than most.
luchau

Pro

luchau forfeited this round.
Robert_Weiler

Con

I will see if my opponent responds.
luchau

Pro

luchau forfeited this round.
Robert_Weiler

Con

Vote CON.
Posted by 18Karl 1 year ago
18Karl
The AR15 can be lethal. It can fire military graded NATO 5.56mm rounds, and is much more lethal than hunting weapons as it is semi-automatic. I don't understand how this debate is about gun control nevertheless.