patton579
laqueenlee

Gun Control

patton579

Con

Two words that send a shiver down my spine. Gun Control. It's just not right. I'm going to provide 3 key points to support why gun control is a very bad idea. The first is the original reason the 2nd Amendment was put in place. That was to make sure that every citizen was armed and ready to rise up against the government in case it became tyrannical because the colonists had just fought a war against one of those governments. My second argument is for self defense. I'm sure you wouldn't want your life to be decided by some criminal trying to hurt and kill you while you're sitting there helpless. No, you would want to have a gun there to make sure that the person isn't able to hurt and kill you. Now, what about dialing 911. Well the police won't get there till some time after you dialed, I'm talking like 5-10 minutes. That person would've killed you hid the body and ran and still the police wouldn't be there in time. Now people are saying well why do you need an AR15. Well what happens when there are 4-5 bad guys? Then, you're in trouble. You would be able to fend off the assaulters if you have an AR15 or similar rifle. Now my 3rd and final point is, the examples of gun control in the past. Let me list some names of some historic gun control advocates.
Adolph Hitler. Killed 6 million jews after taking away their guns.
Joseph Stalin. Killed over 10 million of political opponents and those who opposed him after taking away all their guns.
Chairman Mao Zedong. Killed over 10 million of his own people after taking their guns.
Whose next on this list?
Gun Control is not only a horrible idea it is one that will cost lives.
laqueenlee

Pro

It doesn't make sense when you say that "gun control" will cost lives. In fact, its quite contradictory.
"I'm sure you wouldn't want your life to be decided by some criminal trying to hurt and kill you while you're sitting there helpless"
The reasons why this sentence doesn't make sense:
1. Murders won't be so common since there would be no access to guns. Plus, I'm sure that knife in your kitchen would come to good use when threatened.
You can allow guns to everyone just like that. You can't trust that everyone has the best at heart to use a gun for. You can't just give a criminal a gun in the hand! You have to think of all the people out there that are in danger because you handed a gun to their assaulter. Its just not logical.

The best solution to your government situation is that people can earn licenses to own a gun. So at least some people out there are armed, if that bothers you so much that everyone is so-called "helpless". And its proven that a huge government run killing spree isn't going to happen any time soon.
patton579

Con

patton579 forfeited this round.
laqueenlee

Pro

laqueenlee forfeited this round.
patton579

Con

patton579 forfeited this round.
laqueenlee

Pro

laqueenlee forfeited this round.
Posted by Th3TrUtHhUrTs 1 year ago
Th3TrUtHhUrTs
Guns aren't a threat to people, the ones that hold the guns are. It's like accusing junk food for getting people fat rather than willpower.