IwinYoulose333
headphonegut

Gun Control

IwinYoulose333

Con

Well, I'm getting back into the Debate.org swing of things because this is the only place I can really voice my opinions, and be heard about them. Anyway, I look forward to debating let's say "the big issues." Including but not limited to: Gun Control, Abortion, Race Issue, etc., etc. And if you don't feel like checking my profile out, I'll just throw this out there. I'm a Conservative Republican. Obliviously. Moving on to the rules. NO TROLLS. This is a serious debate. Preferably I would like to debate someone who is very leftist, democrat, liberal, idiot, whatever you want to call them. jkjk. Love you fam. Not really.
Anyway, first round acceptance and you can respond to my little paragraph I've just given.
2nd round: argument
3rd: argument
4th: closing statement
headphonegut

Pro

Hi, I think.

I thank you for starting this debate, I think.

I am assuming we can frame this issue however we choose as no direction i.e. Resolution was made.

I may be using mass shootings, suicides, and a short discussion on self defense to say why I am for gun control. I will maybe discuss the moral legitamacy of having a gun and the ever pervasive presence of the media and how it relates to gun violence. I am not entirely sure what argument I am going to make.

There are no terms to accept. I ask my opponent to define terms he deems necessary for a smooth debate. I may dispute the terms and they [terms] may become a subject of the debate; however, I do not expect this to happen.

I ask my opponent that he simply present his case and not make one as an attempt to argue mine down; otherwise, it will be a very narrow debate. Whatever my opponent chooses to do I will respect it.
IwinYoulose333

Con

Thank you for accepting this debate.

First of all let me apologize for the unclear terms of this debate. Let me clarify.

Gun: noun

1. a weapon consisting of a metal tube, with mechanical attachments, from which projectiles are shot by the force of an explosive; a piece of ordnance.

2. any portable firearm, as a rifle, shotgun, or revolver.

Control: verb (used with object), controlled, controlling.

1. to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command

2. to hold in check; curb

Source: Dictionary.com

I believe that we do not need any more restrictions on firearms in the United States than we already have. I think this, because I know that our nations homicide rates, and almost frequent mass shootings have nothing to do with firearms themselves.

So do to my failure to clearly state the terms, the round order is now kind of messed up, but I don't mind. Although I have only defined terms and written an opening statement of sorts, I do not want my opponent to simply respond with an opening statement, as that would further cut down on our rounds. I would simply like my opponent to jump right into his argument. Obviously he can write an opening statement, but I would like him to also write his argument in the same round. Sorry, some of that may have been confusing. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the comments.
headphonegut

Pro

headphonegut forfeited this round.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
headphonegut

Pro

headphonegut forfeited this round.
IwinYoulose333

Con

IwinYoulose333 forfeited this round.
headphonegut

Pro

headphonegut forfeited this round.
Posted by SnaxAttack 12 months ago
SnaxAttack
It's alright. Just wanted to confirm before accepting.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 12 months ago
IwinYoulose333
ehhhhhhhhh sorry, honestly I really want to debate a leftist. feel free to watch the debate progress and comment though. sorry
Posted by SnaxAttack 12 months ago
SnaxAttack
I'm also Republican Conservative, but wish to debate you on this issue. Will this be fine, or would you prefer a heavy leftist?