utahjoker
DebaterAgent

Gun Control

utahjoker

utahjoker

Con

First Round- Acceptance
Second Round-Case with no rebuttals
Third Round- Rebuttals
Fourth Round-Closing
DebaterAgent

Pro

Thank you and I accept. good luck
utahjoker

Con

With the recent tragedies in Sandy Hook Elementary, Aurora Theater Shooting, and the shooting at the Oregon mall the call for gun control is at its highest peak. While I do feel for the families and victims of the mass shootings I don't call for such gun control for three main reasons the 2nd amendment, people kill people, and real stats about guns.

The definition of a Constitution is an established law, custom, or the supreme law of the land(1). Which means the laws in the Constitution and the articles and amendments that are written in it are supposed to be held above any other law that is made in the land. Among the 27 amendments the 2nd one is the amendments that states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed (2)." It states in the Constitution reminding all those who read this that the Constitution is the higher law of the land that the rights for people to own and have guns shall not be infringed so any gun control legislation should by law be illegal.

People kill people, it is the sad truth that there are such things as murders in today's society that kill with tools. Which a gun is a tool that is what people must remember. Guns aren't walking on the street and shooting people who are giving them a bad look, it is people. If I get an F on a test can I blame the pencil on writing the wrong answers, of course not. But people now try to blame gun crimes on guns instead of criminals. If someone gets drunk and drives and kills someone is there a call to ban alcohol or cars, no than why guns. People kill people it is true no tool as killed a person without a master.

Guns get a bad reputation, but the facts suggest that they should be placed in a better light. With a lot of mass shootings happening around the country people want to feel safe well the best way to feel safe is having an armed civilian when a mass shooting happens when the shooter is stopped by a armed civilian an average of 2.2 people die, when the shooter is stopped by police an average of 18.25 people die, police offers can't be there at all times people need to stand up. 99.99% of all guns will never be used in a violent way with this percentage how can 0.01% punish the whole country doesn't seem right. Gun control doesn't stop criminals from getting guns 96% of all guns used in a crime was obtained illegally. Look at Gun control around the country the cities with the most gun control are Chicago, New York, California, and Connecticut yet this is were the most gun crime happens.

Gun control doesn't work and it will never work.

(1) http://www.merriam-webster.com...
(2) http://www.law.cornell.edu...
www.defendschools.com
DebaterAgent

Pro

DebaterAgent forfeited this round.
utahjoker

Con

since the third round is for rebuttals and my opponent did not make a case I will have to extend my arguments.
DebaterAgent

Pro

I concede
utahjoker

Con

My opponent has conceded

Vote con
Posted by ishallannoyyo 3 years ago
ishallannoyyo
You have one round too many.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
utahjokerDebaterAgentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.