Mherzer
oilythigh

Gun Control

Mherzer

Mherzer

Pro

In my opinion I am for gun control. First of all I don't care if your black, white, Yellow, or orange. If somebody wishes to own a gun they should be allowed to. A backround check should be checked first though. Many kids lately have been caught with weapons such as guns. I am not trying to be racist but every night when I turn on my tv to watch the news there is always somebody being shot, or stabbed, or robbed. But there is one thing in all of these murders that has one thing in common. They are mostly black people. Either getting shot and killed or being the shooter. I have said this before I am not trying to be racist. I think that I including black people or whatever race you are you should be allowed to have possesion of a firearm. Although when using your firearm you must use it for only good matters. Not for killing somebody unless you really are in danger.
oilythigh

Con

But sir, if everyone were get guns, even more shootings would happen. I can agree with you that African Americans are the root of this- recently Trayvon got shot (He was black) and, yes, left and right, reports of black people being shot or shooting are flooding the TV. However, we cannot afford to give guns to everyone. I don't think any guns, even handguns, should be allowed. Maybe that 3d printed handgun that is single fire could be ok, but otherwise, it's too dangerous. Now, don't get me wrong. If you were to get some sort of permit from the government, you have every right to get a gun. In fact, less shootings would happen if you were to confiscate the gun from people. Without guns to shoot with, nobody would need self defense guns.

Please note that this does not apply to guns in schools.
Mherzer

Pro

So you said to take away guns from everybody. What about police officers or anybody like them. If we took guns away there would be more killing by being stabbed. Being stabbed is probably a much more painful and longer death. I should defend myself if necessary. I am a hunter too so I use guns to kill animals. But when buying a gun it is very safe and very secure. Guns is how this country was built. They were used in wars, to hunt like today, and to protect people in need. They are not always used in the right way today but that's why paper work and backround checks are used.
oilythigh

Con

If you will recall my previous argument, you will notice how I said that people shouldn't have guns unless they have some sort of government permit, which means it's ok for police to have guns. That's their job. As for knives, how often do you see knife murders on TV? Yes, there may be a lot, but compare it to the amount of gun deaths. Knives are easier to defend against, avoid, and they will attract attention if you try to attack someone.
One thing your forgetting is that with guns, people will use them to attack others. We know that because of TV. Tell me, would you rather be attacked by a guy with a gun, or with a knife? With guns you can run a away and hope you don't get a bullet in the back. Or, you can hope someone saves you. Self defense isn't 100% reliable against a gun. Your mind stimulus reacts against you when you know you could die with the twitch of a finger.
Knives on the other hand, you can run away, use self defense, or call for help while wrestling with the guy.
Yes, guns were used in wars. Wars are to beat the opposite side , using force and killing. We don't want to bring that into civilian life.
Mherzer

Pro

For guns you do not need a permit issued by the government. You can simpily fill out all the paperwork needed and get your permit at a gun shop. A backround check is needed to buy a gun too. But there is always a way to get a gun. Making gun laws stronger will not and never has made a difference. I am for gun control and always be. Guns protect us if used in the proper way. But if we make laws stronger people will be very angry all across America. People such as gang, hunters, or just people who own them.
oilythigh

Con

I know you can get shop permits, but I'm arguing that it shouldn't be that way. By making laws stronger, you do make a difference. It's a law. Especially with guns, where you already need some sort of permit, it would not be difficult to take that Rule to the next level.

You also said guns protect us if used in the proper way. Many people don't use it properly. Like you said in your first argument, you always see gun murder on TV. Trayvon,, sandy hook... It doesn't stop. The us has banned assault rifles because of all this. That should prove how serious this is getting.
Mherzer

Pro

Even if we made the laws stronger there would be no difference. People still and always have ways to get a firearm if wanted. This is just the ways of the world
oilythigh

Con

But what else are we supposed to do? Remember, enforcing this law doesn't just mean the government saying "don't use guns."
The government will give specific orders to gun manufacturers. Yes, people will still find a way to get guns. However the number will be reduced greatly. Remember, the US has already banned assault rifles. Already, a huge difference has been made in terms of assault rifle ownership. Although, in my opinion, it doesn't do much because most shootings are with pistols, it has been, for the most part, a successful gun.
Mherzer

Pro

Mherzer forfeited this round.
oilythigh

Con

Do you think that giving everyone guns is going to resolve this issue of school shootings and things like that? I think that ONLY AUTHORIZED PERSONAL can carry guns. Sure, that means you can't defend yourself, but if it isn't a gun, you have at least some chance of running away. And, even if people get guns illegally, the law will find out. Remember, if a murder is committed it is easy to trace that person. Plus, with samples from the gun in a shot victim, you can identify product info, and trace black markets or things like that. Remember, in this case, guns are bought not sold.

It has been great debating with you. Let the better arguments win.
Posted by oilythigh 3 years ago
oilythigh
I know I was arguing FOR gun control, but I was arguing against the instigator- does that mean we both went on the wrong side?
Vote Placed by dwmiller 3 years ago
dwmiller
MherzeroilythighTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct pt to con because of pro FF. Arguments go to pro. Con, you were to be arguing against gun control, not pro gun control.