Dylip
Archangel35

Gun Laws

Archangel35

Dylip

Con

Hello, I am Dylip. I've challenged Archangel35 to this debate for two reasons.
1.) I'm helping her get her third debate so she can vote.
2.) I want to have another gun laws debate.

I will let Archangel35 start the debate, if she accepts.
Archangel35

Pro

Wow, the time really flew by so I have to make this a quick first round. So I think I am supposed to say why gun laws should be in place because that is what my opponent told me in a message.

Contention 1: Not all guns should be restricted

By all means we should have tighter gun control. But I am not referring to taking away our guns. Access to, and the types of guns that we have, should be more closely regulated. Guns for hunting and sport shooting and even for one's personal defense could be allowed. But no one outside of the military or the police needs a semi-automatic rifle or heavier guns.

Contention 2: Recent Shootings

I'm sure you have seen the news lately. Schools, movie theatres, former police officers, teens, and a former sniper. Why? Because all of these people have managed to get their hands on any type of guns because the law permits them to. But if these laws were stricter, then they wouldn't be able to get their hands on ALL these heavy guns used in the military, police, and other government related departments. I am not saying to ban all guns to citizens. I know that we need them.

Contention 3: Mental Persons

We cannot control a mental person's action. Sometimes not even they know what they are going to do. Like the one in Aurora, Colorado. The man had some type of mental illness. If the government enforced that the person to own the gun wasn't having mental related issues, then the citizens of the United States would be a little safer.

Additional Info: An average of 83 Americans die every day from firearms in the United States. And the U.S. has the highest firearm homicide rates in the developed world. In 33 of the 50 states, criminals can buy military-style weapons from "private dealers" on the internet without any ID or background check. This can be very dangerous. Each year in the US, there are 30,000 deaths related to guns. This is a hot topic in the media, but the presidential and congressional candidates do nothing about it. Once again, I am not saying to ban all guns. I am saying to enfore some stricter laws on guns so that the US citizens are safer in their homes and evironments.

Sorry for the short round; if I had posted it earlier, I would have been able to make it longer.

Thank You and Enjoy!
Dylip

Con

Dylip forfeited this round.
Archangel35

Pro

I extend my Arguements. I was actually looking forward to a good debate. I hope Con posts his arguements in the next round.

Vote Pro,
Thanks.
Dylip

Con

Dylip forfeited this round.
Archangel35

Pro

That's too sad. I was hoping that this was going to be a good debate. Well, whatever; he still has one more round.

Vote Pro,
Thanks.
Dylip

Con

Dylip forfeited this round.
Archangel35

Pro

Please extend my arguements.

Vote Pro,
Thanks.
Vote Placed by angelcoba 3 years ago
angelcoba
DylipArchangel35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited all rounds
Vote Placed by Xboy57 3 years ago
Xboy57
DylipArchangel35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has forfeited all rounds.