utahjoker
RationalMadman

Gun Rights

utahjoker

utahjoker

Pro

First round is acceptance followed by two rounds of argument.
What the debate will be about if the 2nd amendment should be continued or not.
I'm for gun rights and my opponent must give argument against gun rights.

Good luck
RationalMadman

Con

I'm torn on the matter.

However I'm willing to debate con.
utahjoker

Pro

The fight of whether gun control should be in place or it shouldn't be. I'm going to argue that gun rights are very important. First, guns are a freedom right, gun control doesn't work, and lastly guns do more good than bad.

Guns are in the constitution as the 2nd amendment. It states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Shall not be infringed it doesn't state that regulation should happen or just a little gun control is ok, no it states that it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. This is a right for people if it used to hunt, for shooting at targets, or defending themselves from crime.

Gun control doesn't work look what happened in Connecticut which has some of the strictest gun control in the United States and someone was still able to obtain the weapons and kill those innocent children. I'm going to compare gun control to marijuana. Marijuana is the largest cash crop in the United States, but it is illegal. Then why do so many people get it, it is because when someone whats it bad enough no laws will prevent them from getting it. Gun control only makes it hard for the good law following people to obtain guns, while bad and evil people will find ways to get it and probably worse weapons.

Gun do more good than bad. Because while there is the fair share of evil people with guns it takes good to stop them. Police officers don't prevent crimes they only get their to clean the mess it takes citizens to do such an act. Average amount of people killed in a mass shooting who are stopped by the police are 18.25 killed while if the shooter is stopped by a citizen the death rate becomes 2.2, that is a pretty good bet that someone will be safer to let citizens carry weapons. I have a few questions to ask the voters if the piolets that were in the planes of the attack of 9/11 had guns and were trained to use them would 9/11 happen. If some people at the mall in the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado had some guns would there be so many dead and injured. Gun control is what keeps the people from defending themselves and just lets them be sitting ducks.

http://www.law.cornell.edu...
http://www.justfacts.com...
http://www.silvercirclemovie.com...
http://www.drugscience.org...
RationalMadman

Con

Gun rights or no gun rights, just go to a ghetto and be black, you will be able to get a gun in minutes if you ask around.

The question is do we want the people who would be able to have a counter attack (a firearm) if there were gun rights to be left defenceless or not?

IF you don't I admire your nihilism... JK go get empathy.
utahjoker

Pro

Gun Control doesn't work it only makes it hard for good people to get guns. To stop gun violence need gun peace.
RationalMadman

Con

Exactly that's my point. So we should stop gun rights maybe because the ghetto peopel must take over the world.
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
utahjokerRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't oppose Pro until round three, and then only in a single fanciful sentence.