CierraNicole
BurningSnoMan

Gun Rights

CierraNicole

Pro

I believe that people should be allowed to own guns. Period, point blank. BurningSnoMan, if you disagree with me, then state your beginning argument.
BurningSnoMan

Con

I will gladly accept this challenge.
I don't normally debate against anyone because I personally find it pointless to change someone else's opinion.
But I'll ask a very simple question that obviously involves this topic and if you can please give me a legitimate
answer and not a blind one. In return, I will answer you're questions and be the con in this argument.

For this first round I have an easy question that almost anyone should
be able to answer; Why does a U.S. Citizen need an Assault weapon (which is made purely for attacking another)?
Let's make this question about a AR-15 Semi-automatic Rifle.
Why would someone need this rifle, and don't answer blindly with "It's for self defense" Because you can simply 'defend' yourself with other weaponry such as a handgun.
CierraNicole

Pro

"Why does a U.S. Citizen need an Assault weapon (which is made purely for attacking another)?
Why would someone need this rifle, and don't answer blindly with "It's for self defense" Because you can simply 'defend' yourself with other weaponry such as a handgun."
Firstly, no U.S. Citizen needs an assault weapon. We don't need rifles. It is nice to have one so we can go hunting. But we do not necessarily need one. I never said we needed a rifle. Even a handgun would be sufficient for self-defense. But handguns qualify as guns, too.
BurningSnoMan

Con

You don't seem to understand my opinion on gun rights. I specifically have an issue with U.S. Citizens owning Assault weapons. There are rifles for hunting an AR-15 is not made for hunting is it? No, it is not. The AR-15 Assault Rifle is made for combat against other people, not animals. I'm okay with people owning a handgun, or a rifle for hunting. But there is no legitimate non BS reason to own an Assault Rifle.

Now I'm in a hurry so my next argument will include actual facts when I have time.
CierraNicole

Pro

CierraNicole forfeited this round.
BurningSnoMan

Con

BurningSnoMan forfeited this round.
CierraNicole

Pro

CierraNicole forfeited this round.
BurningSnoMan

Con

BurningSnoMan forfeited this round.
CierraNicole

Pro

CierraNicole forfeited this round.
BurningSnoMan

Con

BurningSnoMan forfeited this round.
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J
I don't know why I didn't say this sooner but actually no a handgun is not more convienient for self defense. As an owner of two types of assult rifles and two handguns I'd say that the assult rifles would definetly be my go to for self defense. Sure a handgun is easier to conceal but that really isn't what self defense is all about. In my eyes and the eyes of many others, self defense has to do with two things: stopping power (the amount of damage inflicted by the bullet) and ammo capacity. Now sure you can get a .45 handgun that has plenty of stopping power and a decent magazine but its nothing compared to a 7.62 with a 30 round clip. Now I know what your going to say, "When would you ever need 30 rounds?" Well hopefully never. But that is the thing about being prepared you plan for the worst and hope for the best. I hope i never have to kill anyone but if it comes down to it I'd rather be well defended. And say if my girlfriend, or someday when I get married, my wife needs to use a weapon I'd rather she have the best weapon to defend herself. And here is a fun fact, in the heat of the moment you don't have time to aim carefully and conserve ammo, unless you are trained in that fashion. Most likely your going to just aim and squeze the trigger alot. That is a good way to go through ammo. So basically my reasons are as follows: It is better than a hand gun for self defense, its better than a shotgun or a rifle for self defense, its a heck of alot of fun to shoot. And I appologize again about the posting I just kept remembering different things after each post, btw why are you so uptight about it?
Posted by BurningSnoMan 3 years ago
BurningSnoMan
And at this point, your comments are becoming spam. If you want to post a comment Don't
Comment-Post
Comment-Post
Comment-Post
Instead do:
Comment, Comment, Comment-Post
Posted by BurningSnoMan 3 years ago
BurningSnoMan
@J4J I'm not afraid of them, there is just no legitimate reason to own a rifle designed for combat. you give me a good reason and I'll let it drop. If you wan't to be a part of this debate then challenge me, but otherwise don't even bother. Blind comments make me chuckle. So keep posting so I can get my 'lolz' and watch you continue posting.
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J
Here is a simple argument to why an AR15 should be used over a shotgun
and agains a rifle its simple: ammo capacity
agains a handgun: ammo capacity and stoping power
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J
and sorry about the double posting i didn't think it went through the first time i hit it
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J
Why are you so afraid of AR-15's? Have you ever shot one?
Posted by BurningSnoMan 3 years ago
BurningSnoMan
@Zooba I never said AR meant assault rifle. I know it doesnt. Why even bring that up?
@J4J They did not however know that a weapon that was developed for Assault was to be bought by civilians. A handgun is more convenient for self defense than an assault weapon. There is no legitimate use for an AR-15 for a civilian. Don't blindly say "Self defense" Because that's not a good reason to own that type of weapon.
@J4J Spam, Reported.
Posted by Zooba 3 years ago
Zooba
Not to mention, the AR in an AR-15 does not stand for "assault rifle", but is a shortening of the original developing company, Armalite.
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J
I actually do think we should be allowed to own AR-15s simply because of the root of the second ammendment. The founding fathers wanted this to be one of our rights to be a protection against government tyranny. Now an AR-15 is not necessary for home defense, its a heck of a lot more convenient than a revolver, but against a tyrranical gov't I'd have to say its pretty usefull and for that reason alone I don't think they should be banned.
Posted by J4J 3 years ago
J4J