Gabe1e
NZ_001

Gun Rights

Gabe1e
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Gabe1e

Pro

Elo of 2,000 to accept.

First Round: Acceptance

Con must prove why gun rights should be banned and I will prove why they should be legal.

Good luck.
NZ_001

Con

I feel strongly about this matter and believe that guns which have been legalised and registered to an owner can easily kill an innocent person if they are put into the wrong hands! Not everything will go right!
Gabe1e

Pro

Thank you, Con for accepting this debate. I have some bad news.

Due to my thanksgiving event, I need to take some time off the computer.

Could you please argue first, so I can rebut when I get back? (It will give me more time)

Sorry, I will allowed the audience to take a vote off on conduct for my mistake.
NZ_001

Con

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

My opponent has forfeited...
NZ_001

Con

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

Well this debate is ruined, if my opponent does not post anything, I will post for the final round.
NZ_001

Con

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

All human interaction can be divided into reason and force. Most of us want to live in peace and wish to be treated fairly and will treat our fellow man with fairness in return. On a macro level, our military and national defense keeps our country free; in our communities, the task falls to the police and criminal justice system to keep us safe. When a rational man wants to take something and is willing to use force to do it, the threat of the police and the law keep them at bay. Police and law are not perfect, and the rational criminal man knows this, so he may act anyway. When irrational men such as the shooters in Aurora and Sandy Hook act, the law does almost nothing to deter them as they do not care about punishment.

All of us understand this concept of the law on some level. Consider something as simple as crossing the street. The law states that the pedestrian has the right of way and can severely punish a driver for hitting someone. Do we therefore cross blindly- confident that the law keeps us safe? Of course not- we look out for ourselves and look both ways to make sure drivers are stopping for us. The same relationship is true for crimes of force. Brazen criminals have already made the choice to ignore the law; the law only restrains them by catching them and ultimately confining or executing them. The best the police can hope for most of the time is to catch a criminal after their crime and let the law punish them. It is very rare that the police stop a crime in progress.

NZ_001

Con

NZ_001 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
LostintheEcho1498
Gabe1eNZ_001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by DomriRade4444 1 year ago
DomriRade4444
Gabe1eNZ_001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit