FREEDO
Felicia

Gun Rights

FREEDO

FREEDO

Pro

I will be arguing in PRO for gun rights. More specifically, the harm of restrictive gun laws.

I thank my opponent in advance for accepting the debate.
Felicia

Con

I would like to thank my opponent and friend FREEDO for instigating this debate and choosing me to debate it with. This being my first ever debate on DDO.

First off I'd like to thank you for challenging me, though I'm grateful for me having been chosen.

Gun rights/politics deals with rules, regulations, and restrictions on the use, ownership, and distribution of guns.
I would like to point out though that I do find guns very appealing as the whole gangster image people put across.. but from my experience they had left me with heart ache and the world would be a better and safer place if we just didn't have them in the first place!

The right to keep and bear arms or have arms, is the assertion that people have a personal right to weapons for individual use.

I would like to point out my reason for being "con" Gun Rights,
My ex boyfriend shot with a gun and attacked with a hammer my 3 month old puppy "Jay-dee"...
This has left me emotionally scared and has put a bad taste in my mouth toward gun ownership..

I feeling very strongly about being pro animal rights and the act that was played on my animal ,which in my eyes I viewed as part of the family sickened me.

In my perspective, If people didn't have guns I would still have her today!

Why would I want something in my life that could protect me but also have the possibility of harming my family or myself when there are alternatives to protect loved ones and ones own self?

I look forward to my opponents and friend FREEDO's response.
FREEDO

Pro

I won't judge my opponent on the pretty little personal stories rather than giving any real arguments, I'll leave that to the voters.

Instead, lets get right to the facts.

Con's 1st premise: Guns kill

Con's 2nd premise: Restrictive gun laws stop this

Well, didn't that break down pretty quickly?

What's important to realize is that guns are here whether you like it or not. And as I'm about to show, there's virtually nothing the government can do about that. Criminals can obtain guns quite easily through the black-market. The only people that the government is taking guns away from are law abiding citizens.

Below quotation: (Library of Congress, "Firearms Regulations in Various Foreign Countries, May 1998")

"From available statistics, among the 27 countries surveyed, it is difficult to find a correlation between the existence of strict firearms regulations and a lower incidence of gun-related crimes. In Canada a dramatic increase in the percentage of handguns used in all homicides was reported during a period in which handguns were most strictly regulated. And in strictly regulated Germany, gun-related crime is much higher than in countries such as Switzerland and Israel, that have simpler and/or less restrictive legislation."

The National Center for Policy Analysis reported the following statistics:

New Jersey adopted what sponsors described as "the most stringent gun law" in the nation in 1966; two years later the murder rate was up 46% and the reported robbery rate had nearly doubled.

In 1968, Hawaii imposed a series of increasingly harsh measures and its murder rate tripled from a low of 2.4 per 100,000 in 1968 to 7.2 by 1977.

In 1976, Washington, D.C., enacted one of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation. Since then, the city's murder rate has risen 134% while the national murder rate has dropped 2%.

Among the 15 states with the highest homicide rates, 10 have restrictive or very restrictive gun laws.

Twenty percent of U.S. homicides occur in four cities with just 6% of the population—New York, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington, D.C.—and each has or, in the cases of Detroit (until 2001) and D.C. (2008) had, a requirement for a licence on private handguns or an effective outright ban (in the case of Chicago).

I look foreword to my opponents response.
Felicia

Con

Felicia forfeited this round.
FREEDO

Pro

Man, that's really a shame, I was hoping to have a real argument about this. Hopefully Felicia will participate in the next round.

I extend my former argument and also offer two more statistics.

The USA Today newspaper said in 2002 that, "Since Australia's 1996 laws banning most guns and making it a crime to use a gun defensively, armed robberies rose by 51%, unarmed robberies by 37%, assaults by 24% and kidnappings by 43%. While murders fell by 3%, manslaughter rose by 16%."

According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.

It is quite simple. If you ban guns than criminals will simply obtain guns illegally and the law-abiding citizens will not. When the two meet, who do you think is going to have the upper hand? Stop relying on your emotional responses for a second and just think about it.
Felicia

Con

Felicia forfeited this round.
Posted by Felicia 6 years ago
Felicia
Dont joke about that it makes your self worth seem less,

I took a look Freedo and I think it should be you that rethinks as I suggested in the first place, even before I looked there.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
Felicia, the being hopeless thing was a joke.

Take a look at the votes then get back to me on who should be rethinking their stance.
Posted by Felicia 6 years ago
Felicia
Freedo, if people vote for me they are voting on the way they feel about guns (con), it is up to them but I'm on the hopeful side you are not.
Its like a person with a new idea, hey lets have a world without guns altogether and work on peace!?
By choosing your side you are helping to work on the opposite.
Do not say that this is not true because it is. You should think about changing from (pro) to (con).
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
Haha, Felicia, that was pretty smart. But sadly, these comments are not the debate and being hopeful is not a reason to vote for you.
Posted by Felicia 6 years ago
Felicia
Freedo just admitted he is hopeless, freedo can't convince this argument with out believing in himself first and being hopeful -
so remember to vote for me as i am with hope.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
Yep, I'm hopeless.
Posted by bootneck 6 years ago
bootneck
Its all very well laughing, but I am looking at your facebook page as I am typing this, and the worst is happening to you right before my eyes. The random outburst of laughter, the aggressive comebacks (your debate) and the sudden outburst of tears. This is all due to your mental health problems, which I have been trying to make you aware, but as mentioned my efforts have been futile to say the least. I am starting to think as I have mentioned that you are a risk to your self and others, so that that end you really should be sectioned under the mental health act, failing to comply with this will only make matters worst and delay the process.
I have informed your next of kin and they will be packing clothes etc to make your stay with us as comfortable a possible.

We look foward to seeing you soon.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
ROFL @ bootneck, that was hilarious. No further comment.
Posted by bootneck 6 years ago
bootneck
The reason why Freedo is so pissed and taking this debate so seriously is because his social life revoles around the internet. Being ditched at such a young age by his parents and never had the chance to make real friends as the kids in his school viewed him as the only outcast in the town, thus having a bitter resentment towards the human race and therefore letting his anger out on the net, thousand of miles away in his little shaq slagging people of knowing that he is going to be safe no matter what he says.
I know its not nice saying this but guys its the truth, many times i have met Freedo trying to help him come to terms with his up bringing and every visit has become futile. And i am now starting to think he is past the point where he can become stable in his self thus being a hazard not only to him self but to the people around him.
Freedo i know you are not liking what you are reading but its the truth and as your ex helper all i ask is to seek medial attention.

WAIT FOR THE INCOMING.........
Posted by Gods_Justice 6 years ago
Gods_Justice
Honestly, what does it matter on grammar and punctuation? If there are only a few grammatical errors, why bother? The debate was on gun's rights, not on who has the best grammar.

Well according to FREEDO's statistics, abolishing the ability to own a gun does make the situation worse. His statistics are staggering but a world without guns is just one of the many goals of the world today, although I doubt it would be achieved.

Felicia, I apologize for your loss, and I would also love to have a world without guns myself. But let me make this statement:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

I know the guns are a main factor in the homicide but it is the human will that decides to pull that trigger, not the gun itself. Thousand's of guns are being collected by police agencies every year, and the problem still hasn't decreased. Its almost like its an automatic cycle: One gun gets taken away, another gets remade.

I choose not to vote on this round, being that there aren't enough liable arguments besides those posted in the commentary. I wish the best of luck to both of you and it was an interesting debate.
Vote Placed by True2GaGa 6 years ago
True2GaGa
FREEDOFeliciaTied
Vote Placed by Sky_ace25 6 years ago
Sky_ace25
FREEDOFeliciaTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
FREEDOFeliciaTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
FREEDOFeliciaTied
Vote Placed by banker 6 years ago
banker
FREEDOFeliciaTied