SoLMC
PugsRule11

Gun Rights

PugsRule11 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

SoLMC

Pro

Gun rights - the right to possess a firearm/firearms

Rules

1. Follow debate structure to keep things fair.

2. Minor trolling is acceptable, as long as all the requirements are satisfied.

Debate Structure

R1 - Rules and Regulations/Acceptance
R2 - Opening Arguments
R3 - Rebuttals
R4 - Rebuttals
R5 - Conclusions

If you have any doubts, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section, but once you accept, no changes will be made.
PugsRule11

Con

Greetings, and I am glad to debate Pro on this very important topic.

I presume we are debating this from the American perspective, though I am glad to debate from a global perspective as well.

First off, you have made this debate to be three rounds, so I propose this alternate structure:

Round 1: Pro Creates Debate, Con Accepts
Round 2: Opening Argument
Round 3: Refutation

As such, I will not present an argument this round, but I do accept this debate and all rules of it.
SoLMC

Pro

Apologies. I wish you had left a comment first. I like myself a long debate, but I guess we can make do with three rounds.

For now, we will follow my opponent's alternate debate structure. I wish him good luck in these next few rounds.

C1 - Will and Intent

Logically speaking, if one truly had the intention of using a weapon, or more specifically a firearm, and the will to do so, against him or her self or someone else, then he or she will. It takes very strong feelings to push a man to such ambition, and so in the case that stricter gun control laws are put in place, though it may not be as easy, he or she will still find a way to get his or her hands on one. Ever heard of a black market?

C2 - Self-defense and Feeling of Safety

Common sense tells us that gun handling is an extremely efficient method of self-defense, considering its range and how easy it is to recover from a mistake, which in this case would be missing your shot. Handling melee weapons on the other hand, which would be our only alternative, may require strategy, and would definitely require a lot of courage, for it is a more brutal way of killing, which can throw us off in the heat of the moment.

Also, most people feel safer with a gun/guns in their homes, knowing that if a crime, most likely a felony, were to take place inside, they are much more likely to come out alive.[1][2][3]

I am very busy at the moment, so this is all I can write for now. I apologize in advance.

I eagerly await my opponent's response.

[1] http://crimeresearch.org...

[2] http://www.gallup.com...

[3] http://concealednation.org...