Gun control results in a less violent society

Gun control results in a less violent society because
1) Census shows that societies with more restricted gun ownership laws are less violent.

2) The exclusion of the guns from the society leads to less forceful law enforcement and therefore lower violence.

3) Under the presumption that Anger is the psychological by product of fear, by relieving the people from the fear of other people carrying guns, we shall succeed in reducing the social fear and therefore the social anger which leads to less violence.

Gun control is not necessarily needed. In my personal opinion, what needs to be done is ...
1) Guns to be made more expensive(Not Gun Control)

2) Wether guns are controlled or not, they will still be there.

Well I must thank my opponent for accepting the debate.

I shall encourage my opponent, considering his opposing stand against gun control to provide his answer to the first 3 arguments that I have risen.

1) Guns to be made more expensive(Not Gun Control):
In order for this argument to hold either of the two following assumptions must be valid.
1-1) The rich people who are capable of paying whatever price for a weapon are automatically assumed to be non violent.
1-2) The ordinary people who must save money in order to buy a more expensive gun, somehow through the process of buying the more expensive gun, become non violent or at least less violent.

I leave it to your proper respond to provide me with a reasonable explanation for either of the two above necessary assumptions.

2)" Whether guns are controlled or not, they will still be there." Correction applied on "Wether "
Though in a sense you logic is correct it suffers from a strong backlash.
Under gun control, they may still be there but they will no longer be available to anyone in any situation. Without gun control a violent person with a hidden mental condition would go to a sport shop and buys the most lethal gun available without the slightest question. Under a reasonable gun control, however, if he wants to acquire the ownership of a weapon, he must first provide an acceptable reason. Most possibly this little step prevents him from acquiring an automatic. Of course sighting home defense he may succeed in receiving the first approval for a handgun. Next in order to actually be allowed to purchase a handgun he must pass a psychology test to prove the soundness of his mind, which most likely he will fail due to his mental condition. Even if he succeeds in somehow passing the test as well, what he might have gained in the end would possibly be revolver that he is ought to keep locked at home.
The other scenario of course is that if he buys an illegal weapon of his desire. But now due to the presence of gun control laws he is a criminal, he has committed a crime and the law enforcement has the right of stopping the unauthorized weapon owner on the spot. Him being deprived of guns, he will not be able to put his potential violence into action and the society will remain safe.

themoneymaker forfeited this round.

It seems to be a debate wasted.

themoneymaker forfeited this round.
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
Let me accept
Pretty please