Texas14
imnotacop

Gun control

Texas14

Con

Resolved: Gun control is more ineffective than effective.
Rules: Forfeiture will result in immediate loss of conduct points. Sources will be required for rounds 2, 3 and 4. Proper spelling and grammar will be used. Occasional errors or typos are fine.

Format: Round 1- Acceptance
Round 2- Round 2- Opening Contentions and some rebuttals
Round 3- Rebuttals
Round 4- Rebuttals and Conclusion

I look forward to the debate and thank whoever accepts it.
imnotacop

Pro

This would be my acceptance. :) Look forward to it.
Texas14

Con

I apologize. I have debates to work on for my debate club, so I have no time for a serious online debate. I thank my opponent. Vote Pro.
imnotacop

Pro

I wish you the best of luck in your debate club and thank you for your recommendation towards the vote. I hope the people will side with you on conduct. :)
Texas14

Con

Texas14 forfeited this round.
imnotacop

Pro

imnotacop forfeited this round.
imnotacop

Pro

I hereby close this debate.
Posted by wayne.workman2012 2 years ago
wayne.workman2012
"I'm saying that all constitutional forms of gun control are ineffective. This includes background checks, limiting ammunition, and limiting magazine sizes. By the way, we would equally share the BOP."

I think that most everyone has the entire mythical concept of 'gun control' so far perverted from the 2nd amendment's actual meaning, that those who reign in power could care less if the limit is 10 rounds or 30, 9mm limit or .50 cal rifle.

I don't think there are any limits. I'm actually arguing this in another debate that is going on now.

Arms means armaments, and armaments means any and all equipment of an army.
Posted by wayne.workman2012 2 years ago
wayne.workman2012
I'm tempted to accept, simply to do my best at being for gun control (which I am not).

I need to be fluent with both sides.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
"Harm" and "good" are effectively broader terms than "effective" and "ineffective." All you're evaluating in those cases is whether gun control effectively does what it aims to do. There is a continuum of effectiveness, but to argue that it's ineffective is to argue that it's only on one side of that continuum, whereas your opponent would have the entire rest of it. "Harm" and "good" ensures that you're expanding the discussion to everything that gun control does, and not just what it aims to do.
Posted by Texas14 2 years ago
Texas14
I personally don't think that gun control is good or bad. It's either effective or ineffective.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Just trying to make sure that you're going to get the debate you want.
Posted by frostyclaw 2 years ago
frostyclaw
lol this isn't even a debate beause we all know that crimminals don't obey gen control laws.
Posted by Texas14 2 years ago
Texas14
Ok. Let me rephrase my statement. Gun control does more harm than good. Now we would equally share the BoP.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
...I'm not sure how you could share BoP in this case. Your position in the debate forces you to claim that these methods are entirely ineffective. If you change the way you explain the resolution in R1 to something like "Gun control does more harm than good," then you can share BoP. Given as is, it puts you in the driver's seat when it comes to BoP.
Posted by Texas14 2 years ago
Texas14
Ineffective at what it is supposed to do, which is to stop or prevent shootings.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
Ineffective at what specifically?