MWonderWolf
slefievero

Gun restrictions would be ineffective

MWonderWolf has forfeited round #3.

MWonderWolf

Pro

I'm looking for someone to debate with from the COMMENTS SECTION. First round is JUST FOR ACCEPTANCE. I am Pro, which means that I think that gun laws wouldn't work.

Rules:
1: No Trolling
2: No Forfeit
3: No Swearing or Rude Remarks
4: No Kritiks
5: No Plagiarism

Let's debate!
slefievero

Con

I wasn't from the comments section, yikes.

I accept the challenge and ask the pro-position one question; why do you think gun restrictions would be ineffective?
MWonderWolf

Pro

It's alright :-) I can always re-issue it.

Gun laws simply would not work. In fact, most terrorists seize their guns illegally, so laws wouldn't help with that.
Many people seem to think that guns are the only way to murder these days. They are definitely one of the most effective ways, but not the only. Then there are bombs, like grenades, suicide vests, and time bombs. Following that in most effective ways, there are cutting instruments like knives and swords (yes, people can still get their hands on those these modern days). I'm guessing all of you guys out there have gotten a paper cut. What if that was your jugular? You'd be dead. Then there's killing with body parts. These include fists, feet, and even fingers, which can kill by pressing down very hard on another's temples for approximately thirty seconds!
In fact, knives are used in killings five times more than rifles! Here's a chart of which instruments of death were used in monitored killings: http://www.nationalreview.com... . So my first argument is that guns aren't the only way to kill.
slefievero

Con

I agree with your statement about terrorists seizing their weapons illegally, but why not make it more difficult to obtain a gun in the first place? This would make America a potentially smarter and safer community. Terrorists main goal is to invoke terror amongst groups of people, either killing them or just to scare. Although, obviously, terrorists aren't the only people who use guns to hurt other people.

People against gun restrictions need to take into consideration that many individuals every year die from accidental gun deaths, suicides, and the facts that arming everybody isn't going to help and neither are assault weapons.

"From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.* Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005"2010 were under 25 years of age.**" *&**(http://smartgunlaws.org...)

"As of December 23, a total of 12,942 people had been killed in the United States in 2015 in a gun homicide, unintentional shooting, or murder/suicide."*** ***(https://www.thetrace.org...)

These statistics show that the death rate caused by guns has only gone up rather than stagnant. Only to add to this, according to afsp. org states that firearms account for fifty percent of all suicides.**** ****(http://afsp.org...).

Arming everyone with guns won't help keep America safe, and assault weapons only add to the reasons why we need stricter gun laws. People who try to step in and take down terrorists with their own guns/weapons, for example, are only more likely to be killed by the terrorist themselves. Furthermore, assault weapons won't protect them any more than a standard gun would.

In closing, we will never be able to fully control gun laws to where nobody will be able to own a gun-I am against this myself-and criminals will always break the law. However, with stricter gun laws we can slowly begin to lower the amounts of accidental deaths and suicides which guns are responsible.
Posted by MWonderWolf 8 months ago
MWonderWolf
Oh. I didn't check his profile...
Posted by fire_wings 9 months ago
fire_wings
Your opponent isn't online Wolf
Posted by MWonderWolf 9 months ago
MWonderWolf
Hello?
Posted by MWonderWolf 9 months ago
MWonderWolf
So, do you wanna continue the debate here?
Posted by MWonderWolf 9 months ago
MWonderWolf
Not again! Oh well. It'll be like this for a while. Maybe we could continue the debate here, if it is all right with slefievero?
Posted by SaxonHammer 10 months ago
SaxonHammer
For if this is not question is not found to be solid there will be new information for me to digest.

Please read "If this question is not found to be solid there will be new information for me to digest."
Posted by SaxonHammer 10 months ago
SaxonHammer
I think that the question even in its short form is an unassailable fact.

I am glad there is a challenger however and I wish them well.