missbailey8
WilliamGaspar54

Guns Should Be Well-Regulated and There Should Be Gun Control

WilliamGaspar54

missbailey8

Pro

Hello and welcome to the debate! I'm Bailey and I'm arguing pro gun control laws.

Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2- Opening Statement
Round 3- Rebuttal
Round 4- Closing statement/ last chance to convince people to vote for you

If you forfeit, the debate is over. Thank you and good luck!
WilliamGaspar54

Con

I volunteer as tribute............for this debate
missbailey8

Pro

Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2- Opening Statement
Round 3- Rebuttal

WilliamGaspar54

Con

Im Will, and im arguing against gun control laws, im looking forward to a fun and challenging debate
missbailey8

Pro

missbailey8 forfeited this round.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

2nd amendment
missbailey8

Pro

To CON I say sorry that I forfeited the round. I use mobile so I'm unaware that I forfeit debates. I will be using this for my opening statements. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Anyway, simply stating the 2nd amendment is a where your claim collapses on itself. The 2nd amendment states the following:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Besides the fact that it was intended for a militia use is something we've already gone far beyond. If you look at the first part of the 2nd amendment, then you will see "well regulated". Despite the fact that your argument simply states just "2nd amendment", I won't let my arguments be simply just stating the actual amendment.
I imagine you're aware of mass shootings that have happened in the past; Sandy Hook, Columbine, Kent State, the like. What do these have in common? They were all committed by people who obviously weren't mentally competent enough to own a gun. If you make guns well regulated, people who aren't capable to have guns won't be able to own them. This will decrease mass shootings, homicides, and other gun-related crimes.
In conclusion, if guns are well-regulated, people who are mentally incapable of having guns will have a harder time of getting a hold of them. I personally think there should be stricter policies on ownership of guns so less crimes will be committed and more action can be taken if such events happen in the future.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

I feel the American public is responsible enough for guns. If we allow the government to control guns, what's to stop them from controlling knives, then clothes, until America is a totalitarian society.
Posted by 666fucku 11 months ago
666fucku
imma shoot yo dick off
Posted by LittleBallofHATE 11 months ago
LittleBallofHATE
Congress shall make no law restricting the right to keep and bear arms. DUH! What a stupid debate topic. If you don't like people owning guns, then get a new amendment passed. Otherwise, shut your mouth, you commie traitor.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 11 months ago
fire_wings
missbailey8WilliamGaspar54Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit contradicts the rules, giving the vote to Con.