Avocado
Wilson704

Guns in America: You need one

Avocado has forfeited round #2.

Avocado

Con

Yes, if you have a gun you feel safe. But really DO YOU NEED ONE!? It's a vicious cycle: I need a gun incase some random psycho comes into my house and shoots all of my family. BUT IF GUNS WERE BANNED THERE WOULD BE NO SHOOTING IN THE FIRST PLACE! Anyway even if they were banned some would keep them anyway so help me America is screwed...Unless any suggestions?
Wilson704

Pro

Hello! As I do agree that some instances, you don't need a gun for self-defense, but I am going to defend those who feel it is a need to own a gun for their safety. As well all do know most of the mass shootings are cause my assault rifles that the left would like to ban. If you have a gun then you feel safe, but as of right now I would like to answer any questions that you may have!
Posted by EJFarmer 7 months ago
EJFarmer
@Avocado it was great to be able to talk about this issue. It takes a special kind of person to be able to keep an open mind and be able to listen to arguments and judge them based on merit rather than just personal feelings and beliefs.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Okay
Posted by Avocado 7 months ago
Avocado
@EJFarmer I completely agree thank you for the argument I was unsure and on the fence about the motion but your argument convinced me. @backwardseden thank you for your also very valid points.
Posted by EJFarmer 7 months ago
EJFarmer
Do I really NEED a firearm? My answer is I hope not. But I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I've seen the argument a hundred times, if guns were banned there would be no shootings. Let's be honest though, the problem is not in the mode of murder, it's the murder itself. And a gun is simply one method of killing. If someone really wants to kill others, they will find a way. Like a truck for example. The argument is also impractical. If guns were banned, people would make them anyway. It's not particularly difficult to manufacture them. Whether you agree with the argument or not, GUNS ARE NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR. So I'd rather have the best weapons I can so I could potentially outgun any threats to me, my family, or my friends.
It's also an issue to me that I can say "I like guns and I'm going to keep mine, but I won't tell you how to live." But the opposing says "I don't like or feel safe with guns, so I'm going to tell you how to live." I will never force anyone to have a firearm, but nobody has the right to tell me to disarm myself because they don't feel safe. Also I saw a really stupid argument claiming that gun owners put their 2nd Amendment rights over children's lives. This is simply not true, and in fact children are often a big motivator to HAVE firearms. This way, the parents have a way to handle most threats to children's lives. Anytime a child is killed through the use of a firearm it is a tragedy. Most of the time it's because children have not been taught that guns are not toys and they're not educated on proper gun safety. Neither me nor my four siblings have ever shot somebody intentionally or unintentionally, and it all goes down to being educated properly. Guns are tools. People decide when to pull the trigger.
Posted by Throwback 7 months ago
Throwback
ROFLOL at backwardseden
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
@Throwback - Its such a shame that I know a lot more about ---everything---- god, religion, the bible, guns, life than you ever will by golly gosh darned gee whiz. And you just can't stand it that you cannot get to me. But I get to you. Its also such a shame that you have no genuine friends or loved ones which is a SCREAMING red flag. So you live your life all alone. And you will die alone with tears in your eyes. AND you deserve it. I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say. And we both know intelligence is NOT in your vocabulary. Bye bye.
Posted by Throwback 7 months ago
Throwback
@backwardseden, it's a fascinating peculiarity of your comments-the more you write, the less you say!
Posted by backwardseden 7 months ago
backwardseden
Well Throwback is a pure psychopath so he wants a bloodbath regardless.
What is required is to get rid of all guns. PERIOD. Guns are a mindset. Nothing more. Australia put a ban on guns in 1996 and they have not had one, not one mass shooting since. Gee makes you wonder. The solution? Get those high powered flashlights that can be seen from miles away. From 15 feet away it knocks out the perpetrator right to the floor with bad aim to the eyes. Now how are you to guarantee that you can pull out a gun, point, aim, probably miss, shoot your intended target? Nope its most likely an unintended target with your guns. Also if there is a woman in the home with a gun, she is 3x ,more likely to be murdered. I'm surprised its not 20x. Also that second amendment that this fluffy country is so proud of. Well its ONLY sad pathetic gun owners that choose that shredded piece of paper ABOVE A CHILD'S LIFE or above anyone's life. Sheesh. Not only that, but regardless, it won't matter because in 5 years or less ALL gun rights will go POOF and or be completely rewritten. Why? Because the firepower of guns will have advanced so much that between now and then that people will be able to build bombs and guns in their basements that can nuke an entire city block. Hey 3D printer guns, with 0 laws are being built right now in people's basements. That's only one example. Who knows what can be dreampt up? But until you get rid of that mindset that guns are bad and terrible objects of modern day society, nothing can be done no matter how many crackdowns occur.
Posted by Throwback 7 months ago
Throwback
To the instigator-what is your position? I would not be interested in debating both or neither side. I prefer to take a stand.
Posted by passwordstipulationssuck 7 months ago
passwordstipulationssuck
would this debate be over the merits of gun control? or would pro have to prove that everyone needs a gun 100% no exceptions?