Glitter2998
Liberatarienislife

Guns in schools

Liberatarienislife

Glitter2998

Con

Having guns in schools is pretty much giving kids permission to shoot people. And it affects learning.
Liberatarienislife

Pro

Guns in school will protect ft children. I for one is still in high school. We have one armed security guard I'm afraid of a school shooting. The averages response time of the police is three minutes. The response time of a bullet is less than a second. You say that it will effect children's ability to learn. I say don't tell them which teacher are armed. Yes arming teachers is a good idea.
Glitter2998

Con

Its promoting killing
Liberatarienislife

Pro

Not if you have good parents or teachers telling them to use them right. A gun that is openly carried does not promote killing.
Glitter2998

Con

Yes, but most kids don't have good parents.
Liberatarienislife

Pro

You have no argument .
Posted by Bulworth 10 months ago
Bulworth
Glitter2998 there are so many ways you could have won, but you chose to respond with one sentence rebuttals. In the words of Liberatarienislife, "you have no argument."
Posted by Chrysalism 11 months ago
Chrysalism
Hello Glitter2998 and Liberatarienislife, I would like to point out to both of you that in Canada the gun control is enormous and school shootings are very rare. Take a look:

School Shootings Between 11/1/1991 and 7/16/2013
Canada3
United States 55

Site http://harvardpolitics.com...
Now you see the difference between a country like Canada and the USA is that Canada has a ban on Civilian Automatic Firearms.

It is sad that some Americans have just accepted school shootings as a tragic norm. it is no longer "Let us change this and get rid of guns," but rather "We need to defend ourselves because these things happen all of the time." I live in Canada, spent all of my 18 year life here, have never seen a gun in my lifetime and coincidentally have never felt threatened at all in my country. I love America to bits but you two are taking this from the wrong perspective. Look at it from what is best for the children who attend these schools. Do you really want them growing up submerged in a setting that promotes firearms? What about a supposedly safe setting such as a school carrying such lethal weapons?

I guess the point that I am trying to make here is that the problem isn't should you have guns because you shouldn't (end of story), the problem is how you are going to stop these mass shootings, think of the innocent children and teachers who die from these shootings. Don't focus on the violent weapons, focus on how to fix it.

As for the debate I believe it is pretty cut and dry what side should win but your points are lacking. All of this is just my opinion of course and I mean no offense to anyone, especially not Americans (I love you guys!) I just have a very Con guns opinion. Anyways, happy debating!
Posted by Erinee 11 months ago
Erinee
Only in the US would the question even come up that teachers should be armed to stop a shooting " al" die hard"..... its so silly if you give it any thought, any other country even Syria or Iran would say "hey lets just keep guns away from the populous its kinda easy"... But the US history is build on out guning the opposition. (se list below)

colonization: rifles
civil war: metal ships
ww2: atomic bomb
cold war: anything and everything

maybe invest in student health or something instead of guns for the schools pointed john maclain..
Vote Placed by Alanna.Kologey 11 months ago
Alanna.Kologey
Glitter2998LiberatarienislifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although Con did not give a great argument. The fact is still there. Some kids can't handle a gun and things can go downhill pretty fast.
Vote Placed by Chrysalism 11 months ago
Chrysalism
Glitter2998LiberatarienislifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very tough vote as I had not much to go on. If you need any help in future debates just send me a message.