Parisien
Deb-8-A-Bull

Guns should be banned

Deb-8-A-Bull

Parisien

Pro

Short debate in if we should ban guns

1. Accept
2. Argue
3. Rebut/ Defend.
Parisien

Pro

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Thanks for accepting. I will be making my arguments this round.

Argument I: Suicides will decrease

Suicides will decrease. Guns are one of the easiest ways to not feel the pain when killing yourself. About 50% of Suicides are from guns. If we ban guns, this will decrease about 20-30% of suicides. This is because killing with a knife gives much more pain then a gun. Therefore suicides will decrease if we ban guns.

Argument II: Accidental deaths

The second argument of mine is accidental deaths.

"In 2007, the United States suffered some 15,000-19,000 accidental shootings…American children under age 15 were nine times more likely to die of a gun accident than children in other advanced wealthy countries… About 200 Americans go to emergency rooms every day with gunshot wounds…[1]"

Because there are accidental deaths, one accidentally pressed button will send a bullet flying, it might kill someone.

Vote for Pro.

http://www.thedailybeast.com...

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Vote for Pro.
Deb-8-A-Bull

Con

Thanks and good luck

And what a compelling argument may I add
Them stats are truly appalling,

So making a law to ban guns
Law seems to work doesn't it ? you know ,
It deters people from committing or participating in the act that the law was made for.
I suggest we apply this system, Law. And ban people from committing suicide . Maybe a 1 year minimum jail sentence for anybody that kills themselves. And a 4 month sentence for people that accidentally kill themselves. It might be worth a try.

Glue guns are harmless unless in the wrong hands, Banning all guns to me seems a little," over the top "
I mean flare guns help more people then they hurt, if we banned all guns carpenters would be outraged. Banning nail guns would easily quadruple their workloads if they had to resort back to the old ways.

History shows us that we have been starting Olympic events like running races with a starting gun for centuries, and with no fatal injuries, banning them would be a test for runners to adapt to the new starting method, and in a sport where 100s of seconds count the sport can not afford it.
However many a life has been badly affected, emotionally and money wise from the harm of radar guns. This I think could be looked into.
The banning of guns would effect the already crippled car manufacturing companies, cars painted with brushes are far less pleasing to the eye, Then ones painted with spray guns.
Having to turn in my son's water guns , fake guns, and his favorite bubble gun. would seem a little over the top, and certain games on the old x box would be much harder to play with out a gun.

And for the guns that go bang and shoot a bullet.
I say banning guns would make life a lot more difficult for everyone , law abiding citizens would be affected for no good reason, the police force would be a joke. And with so many guns out there criminals would still find it easy to get 1.

We do however, well I think , need to help people more that might want to kill themselves. Although this sometimes can be impossible. We should as people learn ways to be more aware of others and their intentions, if I lived with Johnny and I suspected Johnny might and could harm himself. Their is know way I would have a gun in my house. That's I law I would make for myself.

If we want to not ban guns on the arguments that I provided . I say it simply will not do.
If we want to ban guns , on them 2 arguments you provided. I say it simply will not do.
So let's leave it like it is and not ban guns.
Oh and my statement. Flare guns help more people then they hurt, maybe that might not be true, I'm trying to look into this and I will get back to you . THANKS
Parisien

Pro

Parisien forfeited this round.
Deb-8-A-Bull

Con

Nice rebuttal. With equal amount of info.

Oh you ment the guns that go bang.
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Mr.Lincoln// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture and a good rebuttal

[*Reason for removal*] The voter insufficiently explains arguments. Merely stating that one side had "good rebuttal" is not enough, as the voter needs to assess specific arguments made by both sides.
************************************************************************
Posted by Mr.Lincoln 9 months ago
Mr.Lincoln
That was incredibly funny
Posted by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
Hilarious!
Posted by TheShaun 9 months ago
TheShaun
@CodingSource Kid, I'm not interested in records, ranks, or any other useless thing you mentioned since I'm not the only one using this account. Also, being bluntly honest isn't bullying. I'm not going to sugar coat anything I say just cause of your precious feelings.
Posted by Deb-8-A-Bull 9 months ago
Deb-8-A-Bull
Who is that your calling a bully?
I
Posted by CodingSource 9 months ago
CodingSource
@TheShaun, the guy is still learning and hungry. He might have a 0-0-1 record but his ELO ranking is better than yours (2,075>2,009). For 3 weeks you only have 1-1-1 record. I have 9-0-0 record for 3 weeks. In other words, don't remind him/her about anything. Bashing him is not your concern, either.

The only thing to prove your worth is to debate against Parisien. If you lose, then zip your mouth. You're the only member here, as far as I know, that is a bully.

@Parisien, in your Abortion debate, remember to cite sources :)
Posted by zookdook1 9 months ago
zookdook1
This'll be interesting.
Posted by zookdook1 9 months ago
zookdook1
This'll be interesting.
Posted by TheShaun 9 months ago
TheShaun
you hold no position in government. your opinion means nothing. stop trying to debate things that are technically none of your concern. you arent smart enough to have anything to do with guns.
Vote Placed by JustAnotherFloridaGuy 9 months ago
JustAnotherFloridaGuy
ParisienDeb-8-A-BullTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
dsjpk5
ParisienDeb-8-A-BullTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.