FanboyMctroll
jo154676

Guys can not be just friends with girls

Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

The only reason a guy is friends with a girl is because he wants to get in her pants. Otherwise a guy would have no reason to be around a girl, guys have different interests then women, guys want to watch sports and bond with other guys, they want to wrestle and drink beer and go fishing or hunting or dirt biking or other guy activities. Guys do not want to go with a girl to a mall and go shoe shopping or watch American Idol or the food network, the only time guys will do that is if they really want the girl.

Now girls on the other hand do not buy into this argument because they believe that they can have a guy who is sweet and wants to hang out and do all the things mentioned above like dress or purse shopping or going to the Opera. But unfortunately ladies that is incorrect, guys really want you if they are hanging out with you as friends. This might come as a shocker but watch how fast a guy friend disappears when the woman gets a new boyfriend. All of a sudden the guy friend is nowhere to be found or he is busy or whatever excuse he gives you. It's because he realizes the woman is not interested in him that way and he is gone.

Guys can't JUST be friends with women, let me know if you don't agree
jo154676

Con

Ok I will be debating you on this topic here because I highly disagree. Sometimes guys need to talk to someone about their emotions and they can't talk to their guy friends about it so they talk to their female friends. Also you could be friends with a girl so you can get in the pants of her friend because technically thats not getting in the original girls pants.
FanboyMctroll

Pro

You have some good points about talking with girls about emotions, and some guys meet occasionally with girls for a drink, but that is more of a catch up type or after work colleague type scenario. But as for being good close friends I do not believe that exists.

I personally know many guys who really liked a girl but where to afraid to ask her out on a real date so they just hung around for years as friends hoping to get the courage or hoping the girl would some day just say she wants the guy, but most times the girls have no idea about the guy friend or just ignores the fact that there might be more, girls want guy friends but I don't believe guys think the same way.

For a guy it's "she is hot I want her" and the girl thinks the guy is sweet but she is not interested in him that way, they can still be good friends as she sees it, but he is just there waiting for the next move to happen so in the mean time he will hang out and do all the girl stuff.

The sure sign is always when the girl gets a new boyfriend, the guy friend is just gone
jo154676

Con

What about a guy that is not interested in girls, does he not have close female friends? And honestly your whole argument is based on your personal belief that all guys are horny sex addicts that only want sex which is often not the case. Friendships are based off common interests and if a guy and a girl share one than they can be just friends with no feelings involved at all. Also if you had ever been in a relationship before you would know that you are usually friends with the girl you are dating's friends even though you usually have no intention of engaging in any contact with them. And what evidence do you have that once the girl gets a new boyfriend that they guy will leave?
FanboyMctroll

Pro

Straight guys are all horny bastards, I know because I have been in locker rooms for 40 years, playing sports and I hear how guys talk. That's why we have gentleman's clubs with VIP room, and brothels and prostitution. For straight guys it's all about the sex, you don't hang out with the girl because she has a nice personality or be friends with her at first when dating, you want in her pants after the first date, I know because I am a horny straight guy. All straight guys will admit it, maybe not in front of a girl but when it's all guys like on a construction site, why do you think girls get cat calls when they walk by the site.

Now I don't know anything about gay guys or how they are with girls, maybe I should have clarified my opening statement a little clearer "Straight guys will not be just friends with girls" Straight guys do not want the friend zone, if they get put into that they are gone, if they see there is no shot because the girl has a new boyfriend, they are gone. I have seen many of my friends do it, I myself give women I'm dating one month, I don't get some booty in a month, I'm gone. Now you can call me shallow or whatever you want to call me but that is the way it is with guys. Straight guys and girls just don't have that much in common, it comes down to basic predatorial instincts, hunt, gather, eat, mate, do it all over. That is my evidence, over 8000 years of human evolution, the need to mate. This is why guys always say about women "Can't live with them, can't live without them" They tick us off and drive us crazy but, we love the sex so we stay" Being friends there is no sex so there is no point in hanging around. I don't want to watch the "Bachelor or the Voice" but I will if there is booty after.

I know, I know, some Sensitive Steve will be upset with these comments but that is the way it is with guys my friend. I'm just telling you how it is, there will always be exceptions but for the most part that's how it is. Guys give me a vote if you agree "Huuaahhh"!!!! Semper Fi !!!
jo154676

Con

Um it is irresponsible to make a generalization like this, especially with absolutely no evidence to back it up. I am a teenager, I graduated from high school last year I was in locker rooms throughout my high school career as part of the football and the wrestling teams and sure there are lewd comments made about females and I was involved in these conversations from time to time, but this has no bearing on the issue. A lot of the stories told are exaggerated because guys are trying to impress their friends and they are only telling a certain genre of stories. They aren't going to talk about their deep conversation with a close female friend, rather they are going to talk about their steamy friday night.

I am a straight male, and I have had a few relationships with females in the past that I had absolutely no interest in any sexual contact. Either they were not attractive or they were not single but we were friends for a different reason. For example there was this girl C that I was very close friends with for about 2 years. I never once had any feelings for her and we were mainly friends because we hung out and smoked together. We talked to each other and we had a lot of common interests but there was never anything sexual between us.

I think you use the word evolution here wrongly, as evolution has to do with small changes over time as a result of natural selection but you are referencing human history I assume. Also if you actually talk to a girl you will find out that they really like having sex and are often just as horny as guys. You being a dick is not really evidence to support your case, and you can't really make a generalization of an entire gender just because of one person.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 weeks ago
FanboyMctroll
That friend will be gone as soon as you get a new boyfriend, just watch
Posted by straightup.gong 4 weeks ago
straightup.gong
I am a girl and my best friend is a heterosexual guy. Nothing sexual going on and I didn't just "friend-zone" him. Guys can be just friends with girls. Not all guys are blinded by their hormones.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 weeks ago
FanboyMctroll
Sorry let me clarify my statement, "Heterosexual guys can not be just friends with girls" Gay guys have lots of female friends.

By the way this debate was started based on my opinion, I'm not a professor who will be presenting slide charts and quoting books, just having a nice debate and see what people think, friendly discussion
Posted by ca2005 4 weeks ago
ca2005
To be honest I can't disagree or agree. It simply depends on what type of guy you are.
Posted by Carter16 4 weeks ago
Carter16
I highly disagree, I am a guy and have plenty of friends who are girls. And by making the sports bonding comments and stuff is stereotyping, and what if a guy is gay? Then he would not want to get into their pants would he? I just feel like your entire argument is based off of your own beliefs, stereotypes, and nonsense, you need facts and you can't prove stereotypes are facts as not everyone is that specific stereotype and putting people into stereotypes/categories is just wrong.