Bennadebater
Etagnard

Gym class should be cut

Bennadebater

Bennadebater

Con

Anxiety in adults is bad for our society as a lot of resources and billions of dollars are used to fix anxiety and depression in the adult population. Here is where exercise in school comes in: I think it is time to deal with the source of anxiety which is the fact that children sit down too much in school and mainly uses the brain to workout problems. This way of living will inevitably cause stress due to TOO much thinking, and a way to fix this would be to have the children to do more physical exercise in other words using the body instead of the brain to workout problems. I totally think it would be worth "sacrificing" a bit of head-knowledge in order to restore the well-being of our lives. This could be done by replacing many subjects in school with physical exercise. And if we do so I"m convinced that the sacrificed knowledge of the younger population will be gained if not increased, after a few years with the new healthy minds. This will prevent billions of dollars being used on medicine and other treatments for multiple illnesses each year.

Studies show that: "It has also been proved that when students are involved in a physical activity program, there is an improved rate of academic learning per unit of class time (Taras, 2005) and that increased time spent in physical education does not negatively affect student scores. A study done in France increased its physical education time to 8 hours per week, reducing time devoted to academic subjects. The students in this experiment were physically and psychologically healthier and had increased academic performance when compared to the control group (Sallis, 1999)." So by replacing hours with thinking while sitting in the classroom with hours doing physical exercises, will at some point benefit the individual and society on multiple levels.

Students should have physical education every day. It gives people extra time to exercise. Most kids are obese. This could bring down the obesity rate. P.E. teaches teamwork, and let's kids have fun finding their active talent or quality. Most obese kids get bullied. This will give them time to exercise so then they won't be made fun of.
Etagnard

Pro

Physical education every day may be pleasure for some kids, but will be an agony for many other children. Children who aren't good at sports at all. For those children daily physical education will decrease well-being, because they have to meet standards they are never going to meet. Offer daily sports to children who like sports, don't make it obligatory to all kids.
One time a week was more than enough for me. (Note: I am not obese at all) What point would there have been in making me sport on a daily basis? Making me underweight? Fail in sports on a daily basis? I know my stamina isnt that good, you don't need to tell me every day.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
It is disgusting how lazy people can be especially in America. Just because you are skinny does not mean you are healthy. "agony" is the word used by Pro. Playing a game is agony... You think I am sugar coating it but I am not. It is simply a game that is supposed to be fun and or competitive to encourage kids to stay active and healthy.

"have to meet standards they are never going to meet."
They are not forced to pump 300 pound weights they are just playing a damn game. They play a little bit and they don't like it at first cause they are not that good. That's fine. But if they force themselves to put some effort into it the will get better and start to like it. Once they are decent and enjoy playing they can start trying harder and set higher goals. That is the simple sub goal of an ultimate goal to just stay healthy and physically fit.

These activities should be introduced at a young age and should be obligatory.
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
It is a law for kids to have P.E. at least every week lol
Vote Placed by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
BennadebaterEtagnardTied
Reasons for voting decision: Spelling and grammar: Spelling from pro was fine but grammar was spotty. Specifically his formation of sentences and the use of certain words. Argument: Con used facts and information that Pro failed to rebut. Pros argument was too subjective. No sources used and conduct was proper.
Vote Placed by TheAdamb99 2 years ago
TheAdamb99
BennadebaterEtagnardTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con provided a better argument