HSPAs should not hold you back

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that HSPAs have an effect on if you have to take an extra math class, and whether or not you will graduate. It's ONE damn test, and it can effect your whole damn life. At least, until you finally graduate. Vote pro

Okay, state your case.

In my case (and for many others too), I was a decent math student. I passed my class with a B average. HOWEVER, I was feeling very sick the day of the HSPA exam and recieved a 199 (you need a 200 to pass). That meant I had to take a remedial math class for the entire following school year. Meanwhile, kids flunking math who don't try and just got lucky and passed, don't have to take the class. I was lucky to pass the next year, but the remedial math class was a waste for me, I could have had an extra period to study or an early dismissal or late arrival for my senior year. The same situation happened to many of my friends, some who were unlucky enough to JUST fail the next year too.

Not to mention the test is ridiculously hard and has some material we never even learned on it.

The opponent's overall argument is the broad claim "HSPA should not hold you back."

My argument is that it should hold you back if you are in fact deficient in math. The purpose of the exam is to determine which students should take remedial math courses due to deficiency in this subject area, after all.

In the cases of those who need to be held back due to their limited mathematical ability, the HSPA standardized exam of New Jersey should hold them back.

Based on the wording of the claim and the argument presented by Con, this debate is blatantly a victory for Con. Hence, vote Con.

StilettoStomper forfeited this round.

Extend the argument.
Posted by Greyparrot 4 years ago
Massive bomb.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
Renji hella vote bombed.
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con should probably decide to vote reasonably on other people's debates so they will vote reasonably on his debates.