boo
dance_mi_amor

Hacking should not be a federal offence

boo
Started: 1/24/2009 Category: Technology

boo

Pro

Hacking? Who has hacked or wanted to learn to hack? Is it a crime? What really is a "hacker" Technically, a hacker is someone who is enthusiastic about computer programming. But what about "crackers" Crackers are people who try to gain unauthorized access to computers. This is normally done through the use of a 'backdoor' program installed on your machine. A lot of crackers also try to gain access to resources through the use of password cracking software, which tries billions of passwords to find the correct one for accessing a computer Or though stolen cookies.

Most hacker do not do evil mainly do it for frame they will leave a page replacing the index file of the sites main directory. they are just people who want to learn test their skill! So why lock them up like petterfiles get locked up? Because the government is running scared. They do not want freedom of information on their severs they could have their lies exposed. Sure there needs to be some punishment. But what we hacker call "the party van" (F.B.I) really need to put these kids away for 5 years or more? There hole lives and skills gone to waste? Have people break down their doors holding guns in their face because they hacked someone's myspace to try impress them? Would you send someone away for 5 years for messing with your myspace that took you five minutes to make?

Well people its up to you do you send a 16 year old kid to jail for 5 years or more or do you find something just a little less harass?
dance_mi_amor

Con

Hacking should be a Federal Offence because if you think about it's like robbing someone of there personal things. Hacking peoples Emails and ways of comunation can turn really bad and for an example, when people hack into other peoples Myspace and other ways of communcation they can "cyberbully" people until they want to end there life and somepeople do. It has happened before. If people do do that than they should be put behind bars. And also if you hack into other peoples computers, its kinda like indenity theif. And about what you said about the 16 year old kid, there most likely to bully people online until someone kills themself,you may tell me that, thats nots possible but im in high school and there are so many people that would do that.
boo

Pro

People who vote. I do not mean to be a bad sport but I could not hep in Internet terms "Lol" at your anugment. People who bullie people online are called "trolls" This is different from a "hacker" We are talking about hacking here NOT cyber bullying your off topic! But I keep with it one girl killed herself and their was no hacking involved. It was purely trolling her to suicide. No one has ever killed them self because they got hacked. Once again we are talking about hacking its self not cyber bullying! Up to you voters send a skilled person to jail because he want to show the world what he could do but did not know the right way of doing it? remember federal offence is five years of light that kid will not see!
dance_mi_amor

Con

you keep on saying that trolls and hackers are different but once you become a "troll" you grow into a hackers. and then you said that people have never killed themselves over hackers, dont say never, there was this girl at my school that did! because someone hacked into her friends myspace and said all this stuff to her that made her kill herself, do you think the hacker is in jail because of that. NOPE and they really deserve to be in jail.
boo

Pro

Well I would like some proof of these suicides. Voters have you seen proof this is just hair-say. We are talking about hackers here not bully's. But I will bite. Do you remember before trolls? Trolls are not hackers there may be hacker trolls but most hackers do not troll we are talking about the elite here. Trolls are just bully's and yes a bully can be a hacker but a bully can also be a lawyer. Any one can be a troll not just hackers and anyone can become a hacker with enuf time. Trolls take longer then me and you they to busy trying to upset people Once again I fell you have nothing to say but to stick to your "they are bully's" argument. Hackers are smart kids that just need a outlet for their skill some where they can show they world what they can do! They are not bully's they are skilled young people or sometimes old people that would rather learn then bully. But forget all that lets just lock them up for over five years for being smart and wanting people to know it.
dance_mi_amor

Con

I'm not taking it from the bully side, I am making my point by saying that these so called smart teens soon get over there heads and then decide that they can do that without getting caught and no i dont have evidence on my computer but the girl that killed was a victium of this and this is the reason why i think that it should be a federal offence.

and to the people who vote, you dont want people hacking into your computer. If you think about it hacking is like getting your indenity stolen and thats already a crime
Posted by Russiannovember 7 years ago
Russiannovember
I think you are both appealing to emotion in talking about the girl who killed herself. The fact that the girl was from you school that killed herself is irrelevant to the argument. Would it have made a difference if she was from a different school or country.
Posted by matt2224 8 years ago
matt2224
Not my fault you're getting everything wrong.
Posted by boo 8 years ago
boo
gtfo from behind your sock puppet acounts trolls. I know your the same person your group of people. Go find someone weak to pray on. gtfo.
Posted by theitalianstallion 8 years ago
theitalianstallion
Do either one of these guys really deserve to win? For once, I will agree with Maya9.
Posted by matt2224 8 years ago
matt2224
Your argument is complete and utter rubbish, not only do you not know the definition of the word hacker but you also fail to see how it is obviously a crime.

Step 1: Look up the word 'hacker'

-_-
Posted by boo 8 years ago
boo
I went to your page I found that the other comment was made by a friend of yours and how this comment was worded and the point that you did or cannot vote leads me to believe this was a trolling. There you go people thats what trolling is Pro tip# Do not bite let them fail. Trolls only kid themself.
Posted by boo 8 years ago
boo
No if you read it though you would find that I do not say make it decrimilized I say make it not a federal offence think before you comment. Thank you for your feed back :|
Posted by Maya9 8 years ago
Maya9
Unfortunately, your opponent does a pretty crappy job too.
Posted by Maya9 8 years ago
Maya9
So you're arguing that is okay to mess with someone's personal property as long as there is no obvious harm done? Now THAT is dumb.
Posted by boo 8 years ago
boo
Yeah I little typo there. -.-" but you get what I am say I glad you read it.
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
boodance_mi_amorTied
Vote Placed by TARLFURY 8 years ago
TARLFURY
boodance_mi_amorTied