JacobM
ethopia619

Hades is the most powerful Olympian

JacobM

Pro

This is obviously a debate for fun.
My point of this debate is that Hades can defeat any Olympian in a war.

I'm ready to be challenged.
ethopia619

Con

Greetings Pro,

Welcome to Debate.org! Good luck!

Hades is the most powerful Olympian. False. As stated in http://library.thinkquest.org... , Zeus is the most powerful Olympian. Therefore, my opponent's argument is completely false.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Zeus was the most powerful god on Mount Olympus. He made the sun and moon come and go. He changed the seasons. He carried a bright shield marked with an eagle. He could cause a storm with one shake of his shield. When Zeus was angry, he hurled thunderbolts. He was the ruler of the skies. He laughed easily and fell in love often. Zeus's wife and queen, Hera, was always very jealous. Zeus was the chief judge of Mount Olympus and settled all disputes fairly."~ http://library.thinkquest.org...

"The most powerful of all, Zeus was god of the sky and the king of Olympus. His temper affected the weather, and he threw thunderbolts when he was unhappy. He was married to Hera but had many other lovers. His symbols include the oak and the thunderbolt. ~ http://www.infoplease.com...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.infoplease.com...

http://library.thinkquest.org...

I thank my opponent for this exciting debate!
JacobM

Pro

Zeus may be maybe more popular but I state that Hades would win in a war.

A) Hades has control over Tarturus. a pit that holds all of of Olympus most powerful enemies. The Titans, The Giant (sons of Gaea), and Typhoon.
B) While Zeus has a lighting bolt, Hades as a helm that shows his opponents most hated fear. Makes him invisisble, plus no body can hear or feel Hades.
C) Hades as control of the world largest population. The dead.

Thanks for accepting my Debate, and no going "UHHH, these gods are not real. I know that.
ethopia619

Con

Greetings Pro,

Although Hades has control over Tarturus, that doesn't mean that he is the most powerful Olympian. The enemies of the Olympians are most likely to destroy Hades, even if he controls Tarturus.

Zeus can still zap Hades, even if he is invisible. Zeus can also grant immortality.

"Hades as control of the world largest population." False. The world's largest population is the soul of the humans.

"Uhhh, these gods are not real!" Just kidding. I won't say that.

I thank my opponent for this wonderful debate. Good luck!
JacobM

Pro

Hades as control of the world largest population." False. The world's largest population is the soul of the humans.

Who has control of the souls Hades.

And If the Titans where unleashed from Tarturus. Would they turn on, Hades or Zeus, the God who cut their leader to bits.,
And let us not forget Typhoon. Hades never fought Typhoon but Zeus was the one that hurled lighting bolts at the worlds biggest monster.
And Zeus was overthrown by the gods once. He had promise that he would be a better ruler to be free.
As far as I know. Hades never has been overthrown.
ethopia619

Con

Great debate, pro!

Define powerful:
physically strong, as a person

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Who cares about the world's largest population. Hades does not control the souls. The Fates control the fates of mortals. Hades,and all the other gods, will know what the future is, but Hades does not have control of the souls. Example: Percy Jackson. Percy Jackson wasn't controlled by Ares because of his essence.

"And If the Titans where unleashed from Tarturus. Would they turn on, Hades or Zeus, the God who cut their leader to bits.," False. The Titans would go destroy all the Olympians.

"And let us not forget Typhoon. Hades never fought Typhoon but Zeus was the one that hurled lighting bolts at the worlds biggest monster." Correct. Exactly to my point. Zeus could destroy Typhoon. However, Hades could not.
My idea:

Agree with before the debate: Con
Agree with after the debate: Pro
Conduct: Con
Spelling & Grammar: Con
Convincing arguments: Pro
Reliable Sources: Con

I thank my opponent for this awesome debate. Good luck on your future debates, Pro!
Posted by LukeSchreiner 6 years ago
LukeSchreiner
Psh. Who cares? Kratos owned them all. Lol. But seriously, Hades' army could destroy Zeus.
Posted by JacobM 6 years ago
JacobM
You think so?
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Hades would be owned by Hercules xD
Vote Placed by LukeSchreiner 6 years ago
LukeSchreiner
JacobMethopia619Tied
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
JacobMethopia619Tied
Vote Placed by ethopia619 6 years ago
ethopia619
JacobMethopia619Tied