PowerPikachu21
TheShadeM

Halloween War: Vampires vs Werewolves

TheShadeM has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

PowerPikachu21

Pro

Happy Halloween! Mimikyu here, and I see that Vampires and Werewolves are rivals, so to speak. The battle has gone for decades, with people wondering which would win in a fight, and making games based on this.

But now, we're taking the debate to debate.org. I believe Vampires would win in a war. The Contender will argue that Werewolves can defeat Vampires. Please read the rules before accepting. Violation of any rules is an instant loss.

Rules:

1) There will be 50 Vampires, and 20 Werewolves in this fight. If you're wondering why the Vampire population is more, research a bit, and you'll see. [I'm making these statistics before my research. I won't change the populations either.]

2) We are free to use any 1 instance of a Vampire or Werewolf, such as Twilight or a novel. In Round 2, we will state our chosen versions of Vampires and Werewolves. However, the version can't be fan fiction. It must already exist as a movie or a novel.

3) Forfeiting or running out of time counts as an instant loss. You have 48 hours to post an argument.

4) The fight will take place in a village around 1700. Each side has a base where they can strategize during the day. The actual battle will most likely take place at night, unless your chosen version of Vampires or Werewolves don't care about day or night. The two sides have 7 days, 7 nights to kill as much of the opposing side as possible.

5) Whoever has the least percentage of starting population will lose. (For example, we're starting with 50 vampires, 20 werewolves. If there are 25 vampires [50%] and 12 werewolves [60%], werewolves win.)

I hope you caught all that in Rule #5. It's a bit complex.

6) Round 1 is acceptance only. No making arguments in the first round.

7) Any form of trolling is prohibited.

8) Neither side will be wielding any weapon. Anything holy (holy water, cross, etc.) won't be present. No silver bullets, knives, or anything silver is present. No wooden stakes are present. Both sides must rely on their abilities.

9) You must have at least 3 completed debates. And hopefully 3 wins.

- If you have any questions, ask me before accepting -

I'm taking the side for Vampires.
TheShadeM

Con

Bring it on!

I am for the side of Werewolves! As mentioned in the rules, I will only need to state my version in Round 2.

So without further ado, the floor is yours, my friend :)
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I didn't do a whole lot of research, but while doing my last minute (actually 3 hours remain as of now) research, I learnt about The Vampire Diaries, which I'll use this version for my Vampire army of 50. With that, let's get into why the vampires would win.

Argument:

Strength: According to the wiki, Vampires are very strong, which is age dependent. For balance, all Vampires will be 30 to 40 years old, giving them an alright strength amount. Even newley turned vampires have an advantage over a human. They've been shown to rip out organs, chop off heads, and using one hand to lift adult humans, then throwing them across the room.

Speed and Agility: Vampires can run very fast. They can catch arrows easily, as well as run 5 miles in a few minutes. And, again, this is age dependent. 37 year old vampires could still probably reach the speed of a car.

Heightened Senses: Vampires have increased hearing, taste, sight, and smell. They can easily sense the location of a nearby enemy by hearing footsteps, and smelling them. If they want to, the vampires can turn their increases senses off. They're able to see through complete darkness, so no sweat in the dark. The wiki doesn't say this is age dependent.

Durability: They can fight even though they got injured. Their healing factor makes them almost immune to almost any physical force. If their bones get broken, not a problem. They'll just snap it into place, and it'll heal itself within seconds! They also don't mind being stabbed or slashed. When they've eaten human blood before combat, the healing factor will be available. The healing factor doesn't seem age dependent, but pain tolerance and resistance to attacks is age dependent.

[We'll completely ignore the "Immortality" part. After they can't fight anymore, they're considered defeated/dead. This being determined if they're unable to recover wounds that prevent them from fighting.] Though the wiki states that if someone with cancer becomes a vampire, they will suicide, since the cancer cells would multiply quicker. So are they immune to death, or just immune to illness? They need to fix that.

Mind Powers: The vampires have the ability to influence people's minds. They can control humans and untriggered Vampire Diary werewolves. The vampires can also use telepathy, talking to other beings without physically talking. They can telepathically speak to other Vampires, assuming the user is older than the target. This will allow for possibly mid-battle tactics.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, these Vampires are pretty powerful. Though I might lose, this is fun.

Source: http://vampirediaries.wikia.com...
Posted by TheShadeM 3 weeks ago
TheShadeM
Well, too bad I guess. The website should be much better than this in my opinion. One of the reasons I stopped debate.org for a while was because I was so frustrated of this forfeit glitch. But in online debating, you really can't control what the other user does and forfeits are bound to happen. It pretty much relies on trust that the other user won't forfeit and to me that's a pretty big limitation on the part of the website.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
It is your fault. The main reason all my debates say "don't forfeit" is because there's a Forfeit Glitch, where running out of time freezes the debate.
Posted by TheShadeM 3 weeks ago
TheShadeM
I'm sorry for the forfeit. I didn't realize time was up or is it a system error? My profile tab says "Debate arguments due" but apparently my time is already up. I really do apologise for this if it was indeed my fault.