CaptainDogma
FantumHeist

Halloween should be banned because it's "Satan's birthday"

CaptainDogma

Con

Round 1: state your argument for (if you're on the pro side) or against (if you're on the con side) this is a warm up round. We're not really participating for points, however it is required to make valid arguments and keep to the subject.

Round 2: Is the rebuttal stage of the argument, where the real debate begins and Pro and Con try to shoot down the other's argument. Con will go first then pro will be allowed to make their argument.

Round 3: Is the second stage of making arguments, same as round one Pro and Con will state their arguments for the opposing side.

Round 4: Is the second stage of making a rebuttal, where pro and con will try to shoot down the opposing side's previous arguments.

Point system: The way the points will be distributed here is by who ever come up with best rebuttal. As well as how they conduct themselves, and how well the judges think they performed in this debate. Points will be deducted for drifting far off subject.

Accept the challenge only if you agree to these guidelines
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The notion that Halloween is the devil's holiday doesn't make any real sort of sense to me, I mean it is a pagan holiday, a day for honoring the dead. Originally dressing up was for honoring the many spirits and deities that have died, and are believed to roam the Earth. It couldn't possibly be the Devil's birthday because the devil was never born, Halloween has no relation to the Christian or Catholic religion(s).

The gathering of sweets and other good originated from the people believing that if they didn't give some kind of offering to appease the spirits then they'd be cursed. You know phrase "trick or treat" the treat comes form the offering of sweets, and the trick comes from the belief that ghosts would play tricks on anyone who didn't participate on the day of honor.
FantumHeist

Pro

Let me just give you a lesson of Halloween you've been told wrong my friend Halloween is a day of spirits yes now its about demons but its still about spirits did you know this year its the 666th American Halloween the original Halloween was to wear costumes around to ward off evil spirits like the devil it has also been told to disguise you as a evil spirit so you can be safe then someone started giving candy to people so people would participate but that's not where this started..... The year is 27 B.C. roman empire is flourishing and people are happy so they start a festival to give people sweet for dressing up but that's not the only place with Halloween you in Mexico and your having fun at the Dia de los Muertos (day of the dead) you visiting your dead relatives and your enjoying a fine chocolate bar and in America its a time to do things that are scary from a ooky spooky haunted house to a s"ance why would we want to get rid of this
CaptainDogma

Con

Well con is against the banishment of halloween, but I see by your comment you have acknowledged this, however I might have to stop this debate, as I thought you were someone who was going to argue for the other side. Well no harm done, I was really doing this for a test, and because it was hallowween. Thank you for your interest however.
FantumHeist

Pro

FantumHeist forfeited this round.
CaptainDogma

Con

CaptainDogma forfeited this round.
FantumHeist

Pro

FantumHeist forfeited this round.
CaptainDogma

Con

Welp it's all coming to an end
FantumHeist

Pro

FantumHeist forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
mighty.... I believe that I said we did not observe Halloween, so why ask me if I would do stupid stuff to a cat on that day.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
I would never dress a cat as a pumpkin then make it float on water like a boat, just so you know, cheyennebodie.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
mighymessedup, I am all for whatever floats your boat. Just make sure your boat is seaworthy before pushing out into the deep.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Cheyennebodie, what is your opinion of dressing a cat as pumpkin for halloween? I am for it.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
We never celebrated Halloween, and neither do my children with their children. Halloween is all about death. And as Christians we are for life , and that in abundance.
Posted by FantumHeist 2 years ago
FantumHeist
Damn im sorry I thought you was for it I got hyped up and spilt my coffee on me before being able to check if you was pro or con so all frustrated at my self I cleaned off and forgot to check if you was pro or con so I to the assumption that you was pro for banning so I accepted the debate im sorry dude for messing with up your debate I really am
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
The devil wasn't born?

If we accept the premises of Christian theology, then this would mean the devil is co-eternal with God. Otherwise, he must have had an origin.

The only religion I am aware of which posits a co-eternal devil is certain forms of Zoroastrianism. This is the religion of Ron Paul and his son, Rand. Should Rand be elected president, we will have had our first Zoroastrian president since Taft!

"The good, righteous, right religion which the Lord has sent to the creatures is that which Zarathustra has brought. The religion is the religion of Zarathustra, the religion of Ahura-Mazda, given to Zarathustra."
http://www.sacred-texts.com...