Melonnade
SpartanZephyr

Halo 1,2,3, and Reach take more skill than COD.

Started: 11/7/2014 Category: Games

Melonnade

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Initial Argument
Round 3: Rebuttal
Round 4: Final Point

You better hope you come prepared COD fans.
SpartanZephyr

Con

Just to clear things up a bit, I am what most would call a Halo fanboy(though, I do have experience in playing both Halo and Call of Duty). So, I request my dear opponent to refrain from labeling me as a ten year old COD crybaby.

I accept this debate. The floor is yours.
Melonnade

Pro

Melonnade forfeited this round.
SpartanZephyr

Con

SpartanZephyr forfeited this round.
Melonnade

Pro

Melonnade forfeited this round.
SpartanZephyr

Con

I sincerely apologize for forfeiting the previous round as I was rather busy during that 24 hour window.

Both the Halo and COD series are first-person shooters with linear gameplay. There isn't much of a difference between the two games in terms of concept but its the pace in which the game is played in is what distinguishes the two.

Halo is a much more slower paced game compared to COD. The avatar in Halo have a "double health system" which is consisted of shield points and hit points. The shield points must be depleted before the hit points can be. This "double health system" effectively makes an avatar harder to kill, requiring up to half a clip of sustained fire from the assault rifle(MA5B-MA5D) before the said avatar is killed.

COD on the other hand, has a more realistic health system. A few shots from even a pistol to the torso of an avatar would be sufficient to kill. Grenades in this game deal a larger percentage of damage compared to the grenades(minus a stuck plasma grenade) in Halo.

Both the points above show the difference in the health and damage concepts. In Halo, avatars are harder to kill; In COD, avatars are easier to kill. This means that even "pros" in COD can be killed by "noobs". In other words, surviving is more difficult in COD whereas in Halo, a "pro" might be able to outmaneuver several "noobs" at once because he/she has more health to kill the "noobs".

Killing other avatars is definitely much easier in COD than in Halo, I concede that. But that also means that it is also a lot easier to die in COD compared to Halo. Maintaining a respectable KDR(Kill-to-Death Ratio) in COD, is indubitably more difficult to accomplish in COD, hence it takes more skill.
Melonnade

Pro

Melonnade forfeited this round.
SpartanZephyr

Con

SpartanZephyr forfeited this round.
Posted by mdc32 2 years ago
mdc32
Like Domr said, how is this even measurable? The gameplay is practically identical, so the main discrepancies are weapons, maps, and other customizable options. And you can't really use online multiplayer as an example, as that isn't the game requiring skill - it's your opponent.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
How does one even measure skill between two separate games over a debate?

The only thing I could possibly see having any merit, is if you went through results of tournaments for COD and HALO and found common competitors, to see which tournament Participant X got

(which I am WAY too lazy to look up)
Posted by Hug_Plz 2 years ago
Hug_Plz
I'm not really either a halo or a cod fan, but I'd properly prefer halo
Posted by Melonnade 2 years ago
Melonnade
I will change it to which one takes more skill.
Posted by Melonnade 2 years ago
Melonnade
Trust me.
Posted by Hug_Plz 2 years ago
Hug_Plz
I don't know how you can debate something that is strongly decided on the persons own preference.