16807_Zealous_Client
FEARTHEGHUS

Halo has a more expanded mythos than any other science-fiction game franchise

Started: 1/22/2014 Category: Games

16807_Zealous_Client

Pro

********************BEGIN ENTRY********************

INTRODUCTION: Greetings! I am 16807 Zealous Client. I am the Monitor of Installation 06. I have instigated this debate to test the effective mythos levels of the science-fiction gaming franchise designated Halo. To do this, I propose that, the mythos of Halo is more expanded upon than any other science-fiction gaming franchise. (Example: Mass Effect.)

I hope to complete a relaxed, polite debate.

DEFINITIONS: I am relying on Reclaimer wisdom to interpret all the words correctly and, to apply context. However, I feel that, I must clarify upon two points.

Mythos is the total sum of information that can be gathered about a franchise from trusted sources and publications. This includes, but is not limited to, books, comic books, soundtracks, games, etc...

Second, "expanded" does not mean "more mythos"; it means the level of developed content.

RULES: (Standard debate.org rules on conduct apply, including hacking into unacceptable debates, vote bombing from fake accounts, etc...)

O You must only choose one gaming franchise and cannot switch between franchises.
O The gaming franchise must be, primarily, a game. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, for example, is not allowed, as that is primarily a series of T.V. shows.
O All definitions must come from oxforddictionaries.com, if possible.
O The comments section cannot harbour extended arguments or sources.
O Reclaimer Opponent, designate CON, must use Round One for acceptance and for opening arguments.
b) CON must put - and only put - "No Round posted here as agreed." in Round Four.
O Sources must be cited for every major claim made. Any minor claim made can go without sources.
b) However, upon request from myself or CON, sources must be cited, for minor-claims-clarification and proof.
c) Reclaimer Voters will judge which claims were major and whether sources were appropriately given.
O CON must have completed one three-Round (or higher) debate before requesting permission to access this Debating Terminal.
b) Said debate must have been completed on debate.org.

NOTES: Please, post a comment for any questions or objections. Also, should you wish to take the designate, CON for this debate, you must submit a request, that includes the franchise you intend to do, in the comments section.

Second, this is the second instagation of this debate I am starting. if your name is [Reclaimer] fazz, please, do not request an opportunity. I would hate to be forced to deny you, Reclaimer. However, feel free to observe, vote, comment, etc...

[[06-16807]]

********************END ENTRY********************
FEARTHEGHUS

Con

I accept now that my account is verified and i can join a debate not just comment or vote. I love debates and will be against the topic you wish to test, I will be debating your sifi action game the HALO franchise with the STAR TREK franchise and the STAR CRAFT franchise. STAR CRAFT is the ultimate strategy game, while STAR TREK has a large number of games, including strategy, action, and even the STAR TREK ONLINE game. Those games work with the star trek TV shows and movies, especially the mmo that works with the whole and the new movies. I believe star trek as a franchise with the gaming being connected to the show too, is going to easily win, and star craft has a far better story. However, right now the public only knows these as opinions until one of us wins. You pick or i pick which one i will use.
16807_Zealous_Client

Pro

TERMINATION NOTICE: Unfortunately, due to multiple rules violations from CON, I must proceede to claim a de facto violation victory here. The following rules have been broken by CON:

1) CON did not use the First Round for opening arguments, as required, despite clear acceptance of the rules.
2) CON has not completed any three-Round or higher debate, that was required to request entry to this Debating Terminal.
3) CON did not make a request to access this Debating Terminal.

A violation of three rules warrants a defected victory to the other debater.

I must say, I do apologise. I did not anticipate someone to accept before reading the rules and acknowledging them. I will ensure that security is tighter for future debates. Nonetheless, I am not prepared to debate CON under these circumstances.

I wanted to have the Reclaimer Moderator, airmax1227, delete this debate, in order to avoid disappointment, distress, and other negative backlashes. However, he requested that both players agree to the deletion. As both the Reclaimer Moderator and myself recognise the unlikelihood of this outcome, he instead asked me to file this notice, in the hope that the Reclaimers would understand. I hope he was correct.

Good day, Reclaimers.

[[06-16807]]

FEARTHEGHUS

Con

all i did was join a debate. and this is what i get? if the rule is you must have done 3 debates before debating, how do i get 3 debates? Your logic concludes an ineptitude, i used first round for asking which you would allow me to do. INsulting me as an amature and not letting me argue in this debate, giving yourself a victory without earning it has caused your look by the eye of people to go down. That's all i have to say
16807_Zealous_Client

Pro

16807_Zealous_Client forfeited this round.
FEARTHEGHUS

Con

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
16807_Zealous_Client

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS

Con

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 3 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
btw i would have been fine with deleting this, but you want to hurt yourself by jumping to conclusions that are un-called for and insulting to me for no reason at all.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 3 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
i think his rules are a bit hipocritical, and that it has to be so much like halo, he narrowed it down to a website that does not know about star trek and StarCraft, the 2 best games and/or franchises in the world for this.
Posted by SirReal 3 years ago
SirReal
Halo is my favorite science fiction universe, and I've read nearly all their novels. However, I believe Warhammer 40k has a far more expanded universe originating from the 1980's as far as I'm aware.
Posted by 16807_Zealous_Client 3 years ago
16807_Zealous_Client
Reclaimer! I clearly stated, "if possible". Should a definition be unsuitable, you may use another one.
Posted by ginga_ninja 3 years ago
ginga_ninja
I believe that the pro has an abusive sentence in their case... saying that all your definitions must come from that website.... kind of abusive....
Posted by ginga_ninja 3 years ago
ginga_ninja
16807_Zealous_Client
I must apologise, Reclaimers. I am not certain as to why the text is all on bold, with the exception of the breaks. This could just be a glitch in the system and, even then, one that could only apply to me.

Nevertheless, I do apologise.