Halo is losing its' roots.

Started: 11/6/2015 Category: Games

I am a longtime fan of Microsoft's Halo saga on the Xbox. I remember paying it when it just came out for the first time at my friends house. I though it was epic and still think it's epic. However, I believe that the series started to go downhill when Bungie sold the rights
to 343 industries. Now don't get me wrong, halo 4 was fairly fun, but I think they should just let it rest in piece on a high note. With every new halo game after Reach, Halo has stopped being halo more and more, little at a time. Now it's gonna end up being a carbon copy of Destiny, which, some people didn't like, like me.

Good Afternoon, I will kindly take the side of Con on this Debate.

I too am a long time fan of the Halo Franchise. I have been through it through its thick (Halo 2 and 3) and its thin (in my opinion Halo reach and 4).

Ever since 343 Industries obtained the rights to this amazing series it has seen some ups and downs but i believe now with the current release of Halo 5, it is heading back towards its roots. Lets take a look at the games and there mechanics.

Halo Reach:
Halo Reach was Bungie's last Halo game. It introduced the idea of armor abilities and cross hair bloom. This itself gave the game a more Call of Duty feel, which at the time was ahead in popularity. Bungie at this point was trying to compete with its biggest competitor for First Person Shooters and thought that a massive change in game play would win some of there fans back.

Halo 4:
The first game made by 343, it went one step further towards Call of Duty by introducing its own version of Kill Streaks in the form of Weapon Drops. This was the developers first attempt at a Halo game so of course its only natural to stumble a bit. It showed improvement in design, getting rid of the cross hair bloom which was generally realized as a great move.

Halo 5:
I am not counting the disaster that was the Master Chief Collection, although it did actually return to its roots by incorporating Halo 1, 2 (anniversary edition), 3 and 4 into its game. 343's newest title has indeed started to go back towards its roots. The aim assist for targeting has been greatly reduced to almost Halo 1 standards. The weapons have started to make a comeback such as the magnum having a scope on it and being one of the best weapons in the game.

In closing:

I do not believe that in any way shape or form Halo at the point that it is now, is losing its roots, but rather having to evolve to compete at the AAA game industry level. As for the core game play at its roots, it too is making a comeback with this latest installment of the franchise.
Posted by raskuseal 11 months ago
Just so everyone knows, this argument i made was just one of the three i need to be able to vote on other debates, so the info is likely wrong or inaccurate. everything was just off the top of my mind is minimal effort.
Posted by ZacGraphics 11 months ago
Agreed. I love Destiny and Halo equally, but I would hate it if Halo just became a copy of Destiny. One could argue that Destiny is a copy of Halo, but it's starting to become the other way around.
Posted by 21MolonLabe 11 months ago
I completely agree.