btrxscopez
Knaveslayer99

Halo vs Star Wars. Which universe is superior?

btrxscopez has forfeited round #5.
Started: 9/3/2016 Category: Games

btrxscopez

Pro

I will be debating the side of the Halo factions and my opponent the side of Star Wars.

I before this starts have a few "rules" to apply, if my opponent disagrees with any of these then please state so.

My opponent can choose to use either current canon or EU.

Game-play mechanics do not apply as usable canon (so the invincible marines from Halo CE are not canon and so on).

All factions from the separate universes can be used regardless of place in timeline.

All factions are to be taken from their prime, this prime can be chosen by the person arguing for the side (I pick the "prime" for the Halo side).

All factions from each universe will work together ignoring there past conflicts.

I will now begin my arguments:

The factions that are included in the Halo through various canon sources.

UNSC (United Nations Space Command)

A human group dedicated to defending Humanity, with over 800 worlds and tens of billions populations wise they can provide a larger threat than most people realize. with 20 known UNSC fleets all averaging at around 75 ships each that accounts for 1500 UNSC ships in service, I bet that there is still more and that the total number of ships is more around 4000 ships. Military personal is also in the billions as the UNSC started mass-conscripting at the start of the Human-Covenant war. The time frame I am picking for the UNSC is a few weeks after the beginning of the war.

Covenant:

A religious group made up of multiple different species, world numbers are most likely in the thousands (since they controlled a large portion of the Orion arm) and population in the tens of billions if not hundred billions. Military ships is much harder to judge, however tens of thousands at least is a fair estimate since one fleet consists of a third of a thousand (on average). Military population is again a hard one however since most of the population of each species are usually part of the military it is safe to say that tens of billions is a fair estimate (although probably slightly low). Covenant time frame is just before the Human-Covenant war.

Forerunner:

A group dedicated to protecting the mantle of responsibility and easily the strongest group here (not including the precursors), with over 3 million fertile worlds and most likely trillions population wise they can easily match even the stronger factions of Star Wars. Overall ship capacity is easily trillions as well as one fleet consisted of over a million ships. military capacity is probably in the hundred billions. Time frame for forerunners, just before they started to deconstruct their military after the defeat of ancient humanity.

ancient humanity:

No where near enough information has been obtained for this group except that they controlled thousands of colonies. They did however manage to fight the flood and forerunners at the same time and keep at a state like the UNSC did against the covenant (losing but winning multiple costly victory's) this implies that while they were inferior to the forerunners they weren't far behind. The time frame for this group is just before the discovery of the first flood form (in the form of powder).

Ancient San'Shyuum:

Not much is known of this faction except at the time of their existence they were n a alliance with ancient humanity and were most likely on a similar power level of their allies. time frame for this group, just before implementation of flood powder in their worlds.

Flood:

A horrific parasite that is incredibly dangerous, while initially the flood has no control over any technology and is not dangerous in small groups once a Gravemind is formed the flood becomes real dangerous. If a life-form is consumed all its memory's is transferred to the floods collective consciousness, which allows any flood form under the Gravmind's control to use the technology the gravemind knows how to use. The time frame for this faction is just before the firing of the Halo array.

Precursors:

Not much i known except that they were more powerful than the Forerunners. Time frame, just before the mass genocide of their species began.

This is a very basic overview of the factions I will be using to debate against the competitor and that's the reason they seem vague. The competitor may feel free to accept or counter the rules I set and begin his own arguments on his turn. I will begin my argument properly in round two as well as counter anything my opponent brings up. I look forward to facing a worthy opponent.
Knaveslayer99

Con

I accept this debate and will represent the Star Wars Universe and I hope we can have fun with this debate.

I will be using the EU side of Star Wars to make this a fair fight as Canon has very little story to the past and far future of the Star Wars Galaxy.

I will start off by showing the stats for what I consider the two most powerful Star Wars Factions

The Yuuzhan Vong: The Vong are an alien species existent outside of the Star Wars Galaxy they spent many of their years scouting out the Galaxy in hopes to conquer it and when they finally mobilized for war the Star Wars Galaxy felt their wraith. The Yuuzhan Vong are responsible for 365 million deaths during their invasion of the galaxy. Their ships are the size of small moons and they were also known to have used moons as weapons which is evident by the death of Chewbacca in the EU who died when the Vong slammed a moon into a planets surface effectively killing millions including the Wookiee warrior. The Vong's ships also use Bio-Weaponry making them effective at killing of any organic life-form, their armor also is blaster-proof and they themselves are resistant to most force attacks they use living weapons to attack and are known as ruthless merciless killers the total number of soldiers and ships in it's military are unknown but it was able to rival the Empire's fleets.

The Galactic Empire: The Empire is perhaps in my opinion the most powerful faction on this list it's fleet size strands trillions of ships let alone most Imperial cruisers having Turbolasers which is more powerful than 4 Hiroshima Bombs keep in mind Star Destroyers and Vader's flag ship has multiple Turbolasers if not hundreds. As for the Imperial Army it was believed at it's height there was around 350,000,000,000,000 Stormtroopers and those are just estimated Stormtroopers that's not counting all the other classes and such. Also keep in mind that Star Wars tech at this point in time was so advance personal shielding had become useless as blasters could go right through any personal shields.

The Confederacy Of Independent Systems (C.I.S): Now I consider this guys to be a huge shift in power and I know what your thinking really the droids? Well yes you see the droids the droids real advantage here is overwhelming numbers and firepower and as a result of all factions working together imagine the overall size and firepower of these 3 large factions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minor Factions

Galactic Republic: The Republic has always been on the somewhat downside of war overall the only thing going for it is it's powerful war heroes e.g. Liea, Han Solo, Captain Rex etc. Usually these heroes are able to turn the tide of war but apart from that they usually end up on the injured end of the war.

Jedi Order: The Jedi Order suffers the same problem as the Republic except it has fewer numbers even if we count Old Era Jedi they were still somewhat cut down only heroes came out on top but with that said the Jedi do have access to powerful force weapons e.g. The Spirit Bomb.

Sith Order: The Sith Order is the exact same with the Jedi Order however it has many, many more powerful war leaders e.g. Darth Bane, Darth Nihilius and arguably the most powerful Sith apart from Palpatine, Darth Reven. Another thing to note with the Sith is alot of their attacks are way more devastating.

Another important thing to note is if we count diseases and I assume we are because of Flood then I will include the Rakghoul plague which terrorized the Star Wars Universe for thousands of years, Rakghoul Plague is incredibly unpredictable and spreads like wildfire, while not a huge powerhouse here in this match up I feel like it is worth noting.

Keep in mind the numbers and firepower of all these factions united and working together sharing tactics let alone the power of leaders like Palpatine, Reven, Yoda etc.

This was a basic overview similar to how my opponent had done a basic overview for the Halo Factions I also hope my opponent and I can get as much fun out of this debate as possible.
btrxscopez

Pro

Ok first I would like to point out that since my opponent has not directly stated that he agrees to all the "rules" I will have to assume that he agrees on all of them. Please clarify next round.

First my rebuttals, while this isn't exactly necessary I would still like to point out a few flaws in my opponents introduction.

"The Yuuzhan Vong: The Vong are an alien species existent outside of the Star Wars Galaxy they spent many of their years scouting out the Galaxy in hopes to conquer it and when they finally mobilized for war the Star Wars Galaxy felt their wraith. The Yuuzhan Vong are responsible for 365 million deaths during their invasion of the galaxy. Their ships are the size of small moons and they were also known to have used moons as weapons which is evident by the death of Chewbacca in the EU who died when the Vong slammed a moon into a planets surface effectively killing millions including the Wookiee warrior. The Vong's ships also use Bio-Weaponry making them effective at killing of any organic life-form, their armor also is blaster-proof and they themselves are resistant to most force attacks they use living weapons to attack and are known as ruthless merciless killers the total number of soldiers and ships in it's military are unknown but it was able to rival the Empire's fleets."

First line is correct they originated from a nearby galaxy and are one of the four known Star Wars species to originate from a separate galaxy, after spending millennia traveling in sub-space in order to reach another galaxy (this is because they did not have the coordinates necessary to use hyperspace, They arrived in the unknown regions of the Star Wars galaxy by around 3997 BBY and waited until after the Galactic Civil war to engage the galaxy's natives. He then states that they killed 365 million during the war, this is false as the number was actually 365 trillion, This puts them at least devastation wise nearly on par with the flood. Most Yuuzhan vong ships were not the size of small moons, I'Friil Ma-Nat is a Vong ship that is only 315 meters long and wide, the Kor Chokk is only 8,180 meters long, Matalok's were 1,200 meters long, most Vong ships were way below 10 km with a few exceptions (world ships). After continues looking I can not find anything indicating them using a moon but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and say they can, the tactic is quite inefficient as it requires a lot of time to move a object that large into a unstable orbit which would allow it to crash into the planet this gives all the factions of Halo plenty of time to respond to the threat, unless your talking about dropping the moon directly out of hyperspace just above the planet in which case it would be a good tactic, however there are counter methods for this like the Forerunner planetary shields. Most of the Yuuzhan Vong's weapons would be deadly in the case of a successful hit, even to a forerunner in specific cases, for humans ground combat would be a challenge at best with little evidence suggesting that the Vong are vulnerable to ballistics however I do believe that the Covenant and Forerunners can easily destroy the vong in this scenario and the flood would have a field day with all the organic forms the Vong bring. Since the Vong use only biological weapons, ships etc they are easy prey for the flood who can easily infect ships with a single flood spore since they are organic, its sad that any Vong ship could be turned against the Vong if a single flood spore managed to reach it. The covenant use plasma weapons which are the same material as the blade of a lightsaber, this means that theoretically covenant weapons have the same effect as lightsabers do. Since the Vong and their armor are not immune to the effects of a lightsaber it also means that Covenant weapons can be deadly as well. Forerunners are a different story, there weapons are powerful enough too been seen from orbit and a single forerunner war sphinx which by the time of the Forerunner-flood war was by far old technology could level a city. Just based on this I can say that on the ground while the UNSC may struggle the rest of the factions from halo can easily crush them. In space with UNSC nukes and MACs I can say that the results are the same, however here the UNSC being more than capable of damaging Vong ships. Next he states that the Vong were ruthless, this is true as they reveled in pain and were stronger than average humans, this again gives them a ground advantage against the UNSC but the sheer technology and weapon power difference between the Vong and any other Halo race is to significant for ruthlessness to make up. I don't know were you got that they rivaled the Empires fleets from as they invaded during a different time period, but they definitively rivaled the factions at the time, I would say the forces that invaded the Star Wars galaxy were millions strong, in their prime before the civil war in their galaxy... I would say high billions to low trillions, so no were near the Forerunners. My opponent also graciously pointed out that the Vong are immune to the force, they can not be sensed or (except in special cases) be affected by direct force attacks, indirect still worked but it greatly increases the effect that the Vong had against Jedi and Sith, this however would also apply to the factions of Halo, as the only real information we get on the vong on this subject is that they are separated from the force via loss of their home planet I don't think it is a stretch to assume that the species of Halo would also have this ability.

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://www.halopedia.org...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://www.halopedia.org...

Also for those curious on the other extra-galactic races (since all of them are related to the Vong in some way):

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

"The Galactic Empire: The Empire is perhaps in my opinion the most powerful faction on this list it's fleet size strands trillions of ships let alone most Imperial cruisers having Turbolasers which is more powerful than 4 Hiroshima Bombs keep in mind Star Destroyers and Vader's flag ship has multiple Turbolasers if not hundreds. As for the Imperial Army it was believed at it's height there was around 350,000,000,000,000 Stormtroopers and those are just estimated Stormtroopers that's not counting all the other classes and such. Also keep in mind that Star Wars tech at this point in time was so advance personal shielding had become useless as blasters could go right through any personal shields."

While I agree that they are probably the most powerful faction you clearly grossly of exaggerate their numbers, Trillions of ships is a clear stretch, we know that their were at the Empires prime 25,000 Imperial class star destroyers and assuming this was the most numerous class of Star destroyer we can come to a safe 40,000 total star destroyers, other ships of the Empire while numerous did not number in the trillions, the Empire would simply not need that many. You next mention that turbo-lasers have more than four times the yield of the Hiroshima bomb, the yield of the Hiroshima bomb was 14 Kilotons so times that by four and you get 60 kilotons+ per turbo-laser round with a turbo-laser firing twice a second that means a a turbo-laser has a yield of 120 kilotons of TNT per second, now this is a hundred tons of TNT explosion test:

https://www.youtube.com...

Now this is a video from the movies of Star Wars:

https://www.youtube.com...

Go to around 0:25 and watch onward, at around 0:33 a turbo-laser round hits the hull of a CR90 corvette the explosion caused is around as wide as the engine bay and the width of the Engine bay is about a third the length total craft (48.6 meters.) with the explosion being slightly larger it is more likely closer to 50 meters, this means the explosion caused by the turbo-laser round is significantly smaller than a 100 ton explosion which is only 0.1 percent of a kiloton, with these calculations it only puts turbo-lasers a being capable of damaging UNSC ships at best. I did actually find were you got your information on Storm-trooper numbers :(https://www.reddit.com...)

The problem with his calculations however is such, Storm-troopers have much stricter recruitment policies than the USA, because of this I would say that the 350 trillion calculation is more accurate for the Imperial Army Trooper who are more numerous but less trained and equipped with worse gear. Lets assume however that out of that 350 trillion that 3% match the strict criteria for becoming a stormtrooper and pass the hard trials set for them to begin stormtrooper training. This means 10500000000 or 10.5 billion stormtroopers are in existence at the Empire's prime. And yes that original calculation was taking into account all stormtroopers including special classes (so did mine). Wait what, of course personal shielding was important, in the clone wars droidikas had shielding and were a deadly asset because of this, a quote from Wookieepedia "The energy shield projected from this device protected it's user from blaster bolts", the shield was even developed by the Galactic Empire. It did however and this is canon "provide no protection against kinetic weapons such as grenades or slug-throwers", which means unlike Halo energy shields which protect against anything moving fast enough, the Star Wars version is vulnerable to UNSC weaponry.

Now I realize I have run out of space so go here to view the rest of my argument:

https://docs.google.com...
Knaveslayer99

Con

I do agree to my opponents terms and rules I understand I forgot to state that last round and I do apologize.

" While I agree that they are probably the most powerful faction you clearly grossly of exaggerate their numbers, Trillions of ships is a clear stretch, we know that their were at the Empires prime 25,000 Imperial class star destroyers and assuming this was the most numerous class of Star destroyer we can come to a safe 40,000 total star destroyers, other ships of the Empire while numerous did not number in the trillions, the Empire would simply not need that many. You next mention that turbo-lasers have more than four times the yield of the Hiroshima bomb, the yield of the Hiroshima bomb was 14 Kilotons so times that by four and you get 60 kilotons+ per turbo-laser round with a turbo-laser firing twice a second that means a a turbo-laser has a yield of 120 kilotons of TNT per second, now this is a hundred tons of TNT explosion test:"

I would like to argue against the point made out against me that I exaggerate their numbers while there is no definite proof of their size I am using Legends story lines and when you state at their prime using something like the Endor clip is not a good example of the Imperial Navy at it's prime especially as a majority of the Empire did not have it's fleet stationed at Endor but across the galaxy keeping millions of systems in check. I would also like to state that the Droidekas shield was different from what most personal shielding at been, personal shielding had been outdated not long after the events of the Old Republic (Kotor 1 & 2) my only issue with debating the EU is the fact a lot of it clashes with other stories and timelines so I will state more clearly what I am talking about to not cause confusion.

My opponent also claims that Star Wars weapons are weak however I would like to say that Halo weapons are no where near the firepower of Star Wars weaponry the only time bullets are usually used in Star Wars is for hunting so that the bullets may leave a trail of blood for tracking. Star Wars Blasters are able to also go straight through a person with a single shot blasters like the E-11 or the DC-15 even Droid blasters can go straight through a Clone's armor as evident in many different comics and in the Clone Wars a few shots from a DC-15 could break solid stone and building walls I would like to see standard Halo weapons do this within just a couple of shots this proves the superiority of the Star Wars Tech which is another reason Star Wars tech never gets better and better this is ideally because they are almost at the max tech they can acquire at this point.

"While Leia and Han solo are part of the rebellion not the Republic " Umm you are aware that in the EU they become Republic leaders right? So you are incorrect in this as for your anti-force argument just because the Vong are immune does not at all mean that the Halo factions are for one the UNSC is made up of humans with the same biology as the humans from the Star Wars galaxy meaning they can easily still be effected by devastating force attacks keep in mind the reason the Vong are "Immune" to the force is a result of their homeworlds destruction which shattered a connection effectively making them "blind" to the force so I cannot see how the Halo factions are just simply immune to the force given they have no special living planet that one species is connected to.

I will admit the Forerunners are a challenge but numbers and firepower let alone some seriously amazing tacticians (General Grievous, Grand Admiral Thrawn etc.) should be able to overcome this enemy especially with all factions working together which is why claiming that the "droids" tactics are outdated doesn't work here we have seen Star Wars factions work together sharing tactics to overcome a common enemy not to mention as I believe I stated earlier even Vader used Commando droids himself at some stage.

Alright now I will state the most powerful weapon the Star Wars Galaxy can offer... Abeloth, Abeloth is the Mother of the Son and the Daughter however she is not their birth parents eventually she became conflicted by the constant fighting of the Son and Daughter and ended up using the Darkside and Lightside (with the help of special artifacts on the planet of the Father, Son and Daughter) she became more powerful than any of her children and even the father himself however the Father, Daughter and Son combined efforts along with a special dagger rumoured to be able to end Abeloth's life kept Abeloth forever stuck in the Maw (The Maw is a small system full of black-holes. However when Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano came to the planet with the Father, Son and Daughter they ended up upsetting the balance and got all 3 killed on accident with them removed nothing was left to keep Abeloth in the Maw and she was set free although she spent most of her life hiding and toying with lesser beings. Eventually she made herself known to the galaxy and with the combined efforts of Grand Master Luke Skywalker (Who was able to destroy entire armies with a single force push etc.) and Darth Krayt they defeated Abeloth. However Luke realized he only defeated her purely because she let him and that during any moment during the fight she could have killed Luke and Krayt. Luke was also aware that she could manifest an appearance anywhere at anytime and could travel across the galaxy almost instantly realizing this Luke set out to go and find the ancient dagger that may defeat her but alass we have yet to know if Luke ever found the dagger and ended Abeloth meaning she could still be lurking around the galaxy ready to destroy it with a flick of her wrist if she was given the chance or if she felt like it.

I think the most important thing to note about this whole battle is the fact that every faction is willing to work together for Star Wars this is just ridiculously unfair as factions from the Old Republic with outdated tactics can get newer and greater tactics from things like the New Republic and Galactic Empire let alone Sith and Jedi would have knowledge of all force abilities that may have been unknown during their time periods. I would also like to note Palpatine's Force Storm which allows him to open virtually two worm holes and bring an Imperial fleet through one of them to the location he is at also the fact that as a result of me using the EU and all factions from all times are allowed this means Star Wars will have two Emperors as Palpatine cloned himself in the EU. In fact the cloned version was able to turn Luke to the darkside but was defeated at the hands of Leia who was by now a Jedi Knight.

As I stated the Overall size and power of the Star Wars Universe along with it's superior tech (I will admit the Forerunners could give them a run for their money) is just to much for Halo to handle the Halo Universe has very few species compared to Star Wars and most planets they have expanded to are colonies and such along with a few fully developed planets however Star Wars is just way to populated for the UNSC, Covenant and Flood etc. To let alone not just conquer but control is just way to hard for them to overcome. Star Wars also has a lot more planet busters like the Galaxy Gun, Star Forge, Death Star I and Death Star II. In Halo the Covenant are able to assault Earth rather quickly what's to prevent the combined forces of the Vong, Empire, C.I.S and Republic from doing this on a much larger, quicker and more powerful scale?

http://starwars.wikia.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
btrxscopez

Pro

"I do agree to my opponents terms and rules I understand I forgot to state that last round and I do apologize."

Brilliant! Good to get that out of the way.

"I would like to argue against the point made out against me that I exaggerate their numbers while there is no definite proof of their size I am using Legends story lines and when you state at their prime using something like the Endor clip is not a good example of the Imperial Navy at it's prime especially as a majority of the Empire did not have it's fleet stationed at Endor but across the galaxy keeping millions of systems in check. I would also like to state that the Droidekas shield was different from what most personal shielding at been, personal shielding had been outdated not long after the events of the Old Republic (Kotor 1 & 2) my only issue with debating the EU is the fact a lot of it clashes with other stories and timelines so I will state more clearly what I am talking about to not cause confusion."

You are right, the numbers of the Empires fleet are almost all speculation and the overall numbers of their navy ranges from hundreds of thousands all the way up to trillions depending on who you ask, as such all we can do is guess and estimate were numbers are around which is what I was trying to do. Myself using the Endor clip was not in a attempt to gauge the navy's numbers but to instead show the weakness of Storm-trooper armor to arrows and the weakness of Durasteel to kinetic force, this I believe the video does to great effect as it shows a scout-trooper getting shot with an arrow in the back, he falls over either unconscious or dead and the arrow does not fall out of the scout-troopers back, this indicates that it successfully pierced the plastoid armor plating, now the point of this is that throughout the clone wars and the Empires reign the material used in clone and stormtrooper armor was the same, plastoid. The cannon on the subject is that the Empire used personal shields to presumably great affect, I will leave a link to the page again. Also in a clone wars episode Captain Rex slides under a droidaka and plants an explosive charge, the droid had its shield activated at the time.

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

http://starwars.wikia.com...

"My opponent also claims that Star Wars weapons are weak however I would like to say that Halo weapons are no where near the firepower of Star Wars weaponry the only time bullets are usually used in Star Wars is for hunting so that the bullets may leave a trail of blood for tracking. Star Wars Blasters are able to also go straight through a person with a single shot blasters like the E-11 or the DC-15 even Droid blasters can go straight through a Clone's armor as evident in many different comics and in the Clone Wars a few shots from a DC-15 could break solid stone and building walls I would like to see standard Halo weapons do this within just a couple of shots this proves the superiority of the Star Wars Tech which is another reason Star Wars tech never gets better and better this is ideally because they are almost at the max tech they can acquire at this point."

Well I provided reasons for my claims however I guess I need to go more in depth, firstly recoil, In the newest star wars movie Han Solo shoots the stormtrooper that nearly killed Fin, the stormtrooper is sent flying several feet, this instantly proves two things, 1. Blaster bolts do not fire lasers as the blaster bolt in that scene has mass unlike light, 2. That Han Solos arm should have broke from the force exerted in recoil. This shows that the canon is wrong and can be proved impossible by simple physics and logic, this applies to all Star Wars weapons no matter when or where and can be used to drastically decrease the yields of any Star Wars weapon based simply on the fact that it should experience heavy recoil. There are other things like how the blaster bolts don't share the qualities of plasma or lasers and of such have to be a gas which can quickly disperse it's heat energy into the atmosphere rather than holding it's heat long enough to have a melting effect. I have never heard of a blaster bolt going through a person but a piercing effect is something I know of, the worst I know of was when a clone Captain was shot multiple by super battle droids, the rounds never shot through him but they did pierce all the way through his body presumably dispersing just before appearing on the other side, the point is that this is a rare case and most blaster hits armor or not are superficial at best and due to the fact they close the wound for you they are easy to treat, the most devastating thing to ground-based weapons I can find however is the speed they travel, at a grand total of 35 m/s on average blaster bolts are pathetically easy to dodge (go to sources for link to the calculations (the calculations are not mine)). You then go on to say how blasters can destroy walls and buildings, while a blaster alone can not destroy a building in some cases walls are acceptable, this can be for many reasons, destabilizing the structure of the wall causing it to collapse, regardless even UNSC weaponry has the ability to blow massive holes in a wall (watch this video https://www.youtube.com... and go to around the 6:30 mark, watch how the mini-gun rounds blow large portions of even a elites body the bits, going through shielding, armor and flesh with ease, I do believe that and this http://halo.wikia.com... can easily destroy a wall, Covenant weaponry is plasma and so a few balls of it can easily destroy a wall, for the forerunners.... eh did I mention one war sphinx can "level a city", and city's were continent size in those times.

http://halo.wikia.com...

http://www.wired.com...

""While Leia and Han solo are part of the rebellion not the Republic " Umm you are aware that in the EU they become Republic leaders right? So you are incorrect in this as for your anti-force argument just because the Vong are immune does not at all mean that the Halo factions are for one the UNSC is made up of humans with the same biology as the humans from the Star Wars galaxy meaning they can easily still be effected by devastating force attacks keep in mind the reason the Vong are "Immune" to the force is a result of their homeworlds destruction which shattered a connection effectively making them "blind" to the force so I cannot see how the Halo factions are just simply immune to the force given they have no special living planet that one species is connected to."

Unless your talking about the New Republic then this is impossible, leia was born nearing the collapse of the Galactic Republic. Well the force is maintained by midachlorians of which their are non in the Halo universe and as far as we know the only reason the Vong were immune to direct force attacks is there lack of connection to it, this is something that the Halo universe also has, and of such the only logical conclusion is that they must also be immune to at least a extent.

"I will admit the Forerunners are a challenge but numbers and firepower let alone some seriously amazing tacticians (General Grievous, Grand Admiral Thrawn etc.) should be able to overcome this enemy especially with all factions working together which is why claiming that the "droids" tactics are outdated doesn't work here we have seen Star Wars factions work together sharing tactics to overcome a common enemy not to mention as I believe I stated earlier even Vader used Commando droids himself at some stage."

Firstly I am not saying droid tactics are outdated I am saying how they fight is, they move up in large clusters and so are easy to kill in bulk, this along with a lack of individualism in each droid unit that is there downfall, it isn't there tactics but the droids programming which is something the CIS could easily change without outside help (as commando droids show much more free will) but seem content with there foot soldiers being weak. I have already gone over firepower and while I agree that Star Wars does have the number advantage (although that can easily change with the flood) the firepower is easily in Halo's favor. Star Wars tacticians are few and far between and most commanders constantly make stupid decisions on the battle field, and with Forerunner A.I managing millions of ships on a whim they can easily match any commander.

http://halo.wikia.com...

Again run out of space, go here for the rest:

https://docs.google.com...
Knaveslayer99

Con

Alright I can see some valid points from my opponent but once again I see he is simply underestimating the Star Wars Universe

"the firepower is easily in Halo's favor"

Where are you assuming this? Star wars has far superior weapons and armor compared to the Covenant. Star Wars so called "lasers" aren't actual lasers and seem to fire plasma bolts similar to the Covenant (This is canon and legends) and could be possibly more powerful. It took roughly a month for the Covenant to glass a planet, while a single Star Destroyer about a day to turn the entire planet's surface into slag. This is even notable in the Old Republic when Darth Malak ordered the glassing of Taris in which the entire surface of the planet was destroyed within a few hours.

For armor, Star Wars is superior by a landslide. Standard Trooper (Clone and storm) are entirely impervious to bullets. (Don't start with the ewok arrows non-sense, we never see an arrow penetrate the armor). It also is entirely vacuum sealed, acts as an environmental suit and while it's not quite that protective against direct blaster shots, it does protect against glancing hits and small scale explosions. This here can be seen in multiple different comics, books and even movies making the UNSC all but mute here all of their weapons have nothing just on standard troop equipment (Except for heavy UNSC equipment)

Now when it comes to ship armor and battle both Covenant ships and UNSC are extremely weak to plasma weaponry. Not to mention Hyperspace drives allow for easy retreats and are much more effective then the UNSC or Covenant form of slipspace travel. Another really large factor that also comes into space battle and that is Jedi and Sith and by that I mean things like Battle Mediation which can allow an entire fleet to see their opponents next move before their opponent can even making it giving Star Wars the ability to counter and attack the Haloverse can throw at them not to mention Battle Mediation works on the ground aswell the only limit to it is that only a very select few can use the ability. But even with that nerf if the Star Wars universe was to launch a huge scale attack it is very likely these Jedi and Sith would be there just to use that ability seeing as that is exactly what happened in the Star Wars universe with Bastiala Shan at the Battle for the Star Forge. Also Covie ships have to recharge after every shot compare this to Star Wars ships like Star Destroyers, Trade Federation Control ships etc. Who do not have to recharge after every shot just imagine a battle between two fleets the Covie would be firing every once a few seconds as where Star Wars can just keep on rapidly firing with little to no reload time (Reload for Star Wars would only be for things like Missiles etc.)

"Next I will explain how covenant weaponry is effective. The covenant primarily use plasma in starships and ground weapons, the plasma used in covenant weaponry is the same material that is used in lightsaber blades, this means that since lightsabers in Star Wars can pierce almost everything so can covenant plasma weapons."

This is extremely inaccurate the blades in Lightsabers are powered by a crystal that allows the force to flow through it making it a different kind of a plasma. Not to mention Lightsaber blades can't pierce everything this includes certain metals used to build massive ships for space combat or Mandalorian Steel and seeing as we are using forces from all different points in the timeline this would mean the Mandalorians are also in the fight and means that certain Mando factions will have Mandalorian Steel armor and swords countering a huge batch of Covies ground forces.

"Next up are the flood. The flood are dangerous because of their parasitic abilities, they can infect any sentient living organism and any A.I"s can be converted to the side of the flood by the logic plague. They would have a field day with the vong and the large population centers due to the sheer amount of hosts that can be infected, they can turn your own tech and weapons against you. Later on the flood can make key minds which are essentially massive biological computers that can easily match an ancilla A.I in power, the gravemind can also create pure forms, which can be created in any shape, size and can have any function the gravemind wants."

Easily for the Vong and C.I.S to deal with considering a majority of the C.I.S are droids whose A.I's are controlled on board Trade Federation Control Ships or miles away at factories and the Vong would easily outnumber the Flood hailing from another ENTIRE galaxy and using Bio-weaponry as their primary weapons the flood would easily be blown away as a simple tiny infection.

"how weak turbolasers turn out to be more ships won't have a large effect."

You keep bringing up that Star Wars Weaponry is weaker and has way less firepower when this is the opposite a single shot from a Turbolaser is capable of the entire destruction of large asteroids and that's just from a single shot. Not to mention as I stated before standard weaponry from Clones and Stormtroopers that can blow down entire stone walls and such when set up to fire at maximum firepower would easily rip through an elites shield and through the elite itself. Also in Star Wars Return of the Jedi you can see some smaller and large trees get hit by personal firepower either form Rebels or Stormtroopers and the trees are cut literally into two pieces just from two blaster bolts which are standard equipment for Star Wars soldiers even the Rebel Alliance. I don't see Covie or UNSC forces being able to do this at all making their weaponry completely weak and useless against the sheer firepower Star Wars brings to the table.

http://www.stardestroyer.net...

"And it took the covenant decades to find Earth and even then removing a home planet is not the end of a war, with a much fiercer resistance also coming from the Halo Factions you have yet to even prove that Star Wars could make it to a colony."

The Vong almost conquered the entire Star Wars galaxy which was unknown to them, Star Wars wouldn't just make it's way past a colony hell it would simply glass the planet with a few Star Destroyers and move on. Ground Battles are almost mute here seeing that factions like the Mandalorians, Vong and Empire are able to act as they wish in which case they would just glass these little weak systems. Star Wars also has a much more superior form of space travel which is Hyperspace which easily outclasses Slipspace on a whole nothing level and with the overwhelming numbers and tactics that Star Wars can bring to the table it should be easy to crush the UNSC and Covies in any type of Space Battle. (Once again the Forerunners have a chance but would only withstand so much until getting overwhelmed by numbers) Keep in mind Tech doesn't win wars and this is evident by real life (Russians vs Nazis).

"The forerunners for these and many other reasons are incredibly more advanced than any Star Wars faction and such are almost invincible."

I can admit the forerunners are really the only true challenge for the Star Wars Galaxy however as I stated before Abeloth along with Luke, Palpatine and all the remaining forces after the fight would destroy them eventually especially considering not all Jedi and such die and can become force beings something the Forerunners cannot touch. Also as for locking Abeloth between slipspace good luck she was locked away in a system full of BLACKHOLES and was only kept there by incredible powerful force beings and seeing as the Forerunners do not have the ability to tap into the force then they have no way of locking here in there especially when she can literally if she wants go to their capital at will as she can go anywhere and be anything she wants which is what made he such a threat in Star Wars and is why Luke knew he never defeated her and that she allowed herself to be defeated.

"Star Wars tacticians are few and far between and most commanders constantly make stupid decisions on the battle field"

I can admit we have had our fair share of stupid Star Wars commanders but without anyone preventing them from doing as they wish they will easily wipe out Halo in a fight. The Empire was full of intelligent and smart tacticians hence why a lot of Admirals were given the ability (Usually Grand Admirals such as Thrawn) to wipe out entire planets if the planet posed even a little bit of a threat and they even do this to the Rebels with trying to blow up Yavin 4 (I would like to ignore Movie Plot as 100% because in reality the Empire could have set a fleet to Yavin and glassed it). Another huge factor is Star Wars A.I which would be far FAR superior to Halo's A.Is the reason droids have their memories wiped in Star Wars is simply to prevent them from becoming to powerful or smart (R2 is a great display of this) and with droids like HK-47 who has existed from the time of Darth Reven all the way up to the Dark Times of the Empire and even Vulture Droids who survived the Clone Wars and were found by Cade Skywalker hundreds of years later. These A.Is developed a sense of self awareness and gather more information as time goes on let alone can learn history from the thousands and thousands of years of Star Wars Lore. Also another fun and quick fact is that Halo's snipers are no match for Star Wars snipers as HK-47's effective range with his Sniper is 100km and that is his Effective range meaning he can easily try and take out targets even further than that.

http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
http://starwars.wikia.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

And seeing as I am running out of characters
starwars.wikia.com - My primary source.
btrxscopez

Pro

"Where are you assuming this? Star wars has far superior weapons and armor compared to the Covenant. Star Wars so called "lasers" aren't actual lasers and seem to fire plasma bolts similar to the Covenant (This is canon and legends) and could be possibly more powerful. It took roughly a month for the Covenant to glass a planet, while a single Star Destroyer about a day to turn the entire planet's surface into slag. This is even notable in the Old Republic when Darth Malak ordered the glassing of Taris in which the entire surface of the planet was destroyed within a few hours."

Again my opponent provides no reason for why Star Wars is superior in armor and shields, slightly hypocritical don't you think? My opponent informs me that the "lasers" used in Star Wars are actually plasma, something which I pointed out in my last argument and even stated against, like I said, the material used in blaster bolts does not resemble plasma as it dissipates its heat energy far to fast and is almost completely unaffected by gravity, this implies it's a gas which is a lot less hot than plasma but still has similar effects, just without the melting plasma usually brings. "depending on the planet, the technology and the number of ships in the Covenant fleet, it takes between a few hours and two days to glass a planet." this is for every square millimeter of a planets surface to be turned into lechatelierite, a mineral similar to glass. Glassing also boils all liquid bodies and boils away the planets atmosphere.

http://halo.wikia.com...

"For armor, Star Wars is superior by a landslide. Standard Trooper (Clone and storm) are entirely impervious to bullets. (Don't start with the ewok arrows non-sense, we never see an arrow penetrate the armor). It also is entirely vacuum sealed, acts as an environmental suit and while it's not quite that protective against direct blaster shots, it does protect against glancing hits and small scale explosions. This here can be seen in multiple different comics, books and even movies making the UNSC all but mute here all of their weapons have nothing just on standard troop equipment (Except for heavy UNSC equipment)"

Again even at the start of my opponents paragraph he ignores the evidence I used to show an arrow pierced the armor simply passing it off (go here for the video: https://www.youtube.com... and watch from 0:50 to 1:10). You will see the scoutrooper be shot by an arrow and fall over, the arrow stays in his back an indication it pierced to an extent, most likely it pierced through his lung which would explain the scoutrooper collapsing. This alone invalidates everything except the bit about blaster protection and small scale explosions, which is mostly true.

"Now when it comes to ship armor and battle both Covenant ships and UNSC are extremely weak to plasma weaponry. Not to mention Hyperspace drives allow for easy retreats and are much more effective then the UNSC or Covenant form of slipspace travel. Another really large factor that also comes into space battle and that is Jedi and Sith and by that I mean things like Battle Mediation which can allow an entire fleet to see their opponents next move before their opponent can even making it giving Star Wars the ability to counter and attack the Haloverse can throw at them not to mention Battle Mediation works on the ground aswell the only limit to it is that only a very select few can use the ability. But even with that nerf if the Star Wars universe was to launch a huge scale attack it is very likely these Jedi and Sith would be there just to use that ability seeing as that is exactly what happened in the Star Wars universe with Bastiala Shan at the Battle for the Star Forge. Also Covie ships have to recharge after every shot compare this to Star Wars ships like Star Destroyers, Trade Federation Control ships etc. Who do not have to recharge after every shot just imagine a battle between two fleets the Covie would be firing every once a few seconds as where Star Wars can just keep on rapidly firing with little to no reload time (Reload for Star Wars would only be for things like Missiles etc.)"

Again the reason they have a weakness to the weapons is because the plasma melts the armor after it lands which causes extra damage, the"lasers" of Star Wars are not plasma in the aspect as they dissipate far to quickly to have a melting effect. Also Covenant armor and shields were very good at protecting from plasma, it could survive multiple hits on the same place before an armor breach and the shields were even better. While hyper-drive is faster than Human and Covenant slipspace drives allow, it suffers from the places it can go (hyperspace is effected by mass and gravity in the real world) and that it can only be activated in certain places without extreme risk. I have already gone over force abilities and have yet to see you counter them. No covenant ships have to recharge there glassing beam, which hits with tremendous force, and while this can be used in naval battles it is by far not the only weapon on a covenant ship.

"This is extremely inaccurate the blades in Lightsabers are powered by a crystal that allows the force to flow through it making it a different kind of a plasma. Not to mention Lightsaber blades can't pierce everything this includes certain metals used to build massive ships for space combat or Mandalorian Steel and seeing as we are using forces from all different points in the timeline this would mean the Mandalorians are also in the fight and means that certain Mando factions will have Mandalorian Steel armor and swords countering a huge batch of Covies ground forces."

There are different types of plasma so which different type of plasma is it, I would say its a fully-ionized collisional, medium density, non-magnetic, and so on, seriously there is a crap ton of things plasma can vary from, (https://www.plasma-universe.com...(types_of_plasma)) although in my opinion the plasma used in Covenant plasma is the same as in a lightsaber, so explain what you mean. No there is to my knowledge one material immune to lightsabers is the hide on a zilo beast, something that was extinct by the end of the clone wars. Other materials are at best resistant to lightsabers, you also imply improved armor and swords are going to defeat Covenant ground forces, if we forget that the armors only resistant and that there are plenty of areas on the armor which dont have beskar we can still say that the covenant can win based on air vehicles who are out of a sword wielders reach, this is of course assuming the ground forces couldn't penetrate the armor, which I just showed they could.

http://starwars.wikia.com...

"Easily for the Vong and C.I.S to deal with considering a majority of the C.I.S are droids whose A.I's are controlled on board Trade Federation Control Ships or miles away at factories and the Vong would easily outnumber the Flood hailing from another ENTIRE galaxy and using Bio-weaponry as their primary weapons the flood would easily be blown away as a simple tiny infection."

Well the CIS while probably the largest threat to the covenant except for the fact that they can use the technology they capture and will be working along side other factions more than capable of eliminating large groups droids, the gravemind also knows how to use forerunner weapons and as such flood combat forms can be equipped with them. The vong are at a major disadvantage, everything the vong have, ships troops weapons are susceptible to flood infection, they wont stand a chance against the flood, hell one flood spore could take over a entire ship as it could simply infect the ship itself and then control it to kill it's enemies, there would be nothing the crew could do if this happened.

"You keep bringing up that Star Wars Weaponry is weaker and has way less firepower when this is the opposite a single shot from a Turbolaser is capable of the entire destruction of large asteroids and that's just from a single shot. Not to mention as I stated before standard weaponry from Clones and Stormtroopers that can blow down entire stone walls and such when set up to fire at maximum firepower would easily rip through an elites shield and through the elite itself. Also in Star Wars Return of the Jedi you can see some smaller and large trees get hit by personal firepower either form Rebels or Stormtroopers and the trees are cut literally into two pieces just from two blaster bolts which are standard equipment for Star Wars soldiers even the Rebel Alliance. I don't see Covie or UNSC forces being able to do this at all making their weaponry completely weak and useless against the sheer firepower Star Wars brings to the table."

Here my opponent explains how turbo-lasers can destroy a 50 or so meter asteroid with 1 turbo-laser shot, now I know what star destroyer.net is saying I can say they are wrong, even then the calculations that would be brought up by that are easily below the canon numbers and are still below the 100 ton of TNT presented before, it's higher than estimated by the scene I used but it's not as high as canon or even the weapons in Halo. My opponent also ignores the examples given for UNSC and Covenant weapons achieving the same effect as blasters. The calculations done on the website shown are also based off canon material (at least some of it is) which you have yet to even prove applies here.

Ran out of space.

here for the rest: https://docs.google.com...
Knaveslayer99

Con

"Again even at the start of my opponents paragraph he ignores the evidence I used to show an arrow pierced the armor simply passing it off (go here for the video: https://www.youtube.com...... and watch from 0:50 to 1:10). You will see the scoutrooper be shot by an arrow and fall over, the arrow stays in his back an indication it pierced to an extent, most likely it pierced through his lung"

This is no where near or even close the truth for one the scout has much weaker armor than a standard soldier hence why they are scouts and claiming it pierced his lung? If you take the time to pause the scene you'll also see it hid the large back piece of his armor given the length of those arrows it's easy to assume the arrow didn't even hit or make contact with his skin. Yes he does fall over but that doesn't mean he's dead at all not to mention your using the movie as proof when it is a very well known fact that movies will always make dumb choices and decisions just so the "Good" guys can win.

"Already gone over force sensitives, these force beings also cannot affect the real world they just talk to people and can use the force, which I have already gone over. There is a difference between strong gravitational pull and different dimensions, like a very big difference, slipspace ruptures can be opened at will and so can be opened as soon as Aboleth materialises, trapping her in a dimension she can't escape from. She does not know the location of any colony world meaning she can't go there. Regardless going to the forerunner homeworld is pointless, as there's nothing there the forerunners destroyed it early in their history."

I'm sorry what? You claiming forces beings cannot affect the real world is incredibly inaccurate it was stated that Obi-Wan was going to actually help Luke battle Vader and the Emperor and even then you have the Marknos Ragnos incident where the spirit was able to posses Tavion to fight Jaiden Korr or Ajitia Pall (Sorry if I am butchering the names of certain characters) Who fought Darth Reven even though he was still a spirit. Also Darth Reven himself was split into two different force beings one being the Darkside and the other being the Light and the Emperor of that time used the Darkside being of Reven to his advantage until it was defeated so yes force beings can affect the physical world if they have enough power. Also how can the Forerunners trap a being that be extremely huge and be in multiple places at the same time?

"Well the galaxy wasn"t exactly unknown to them, they had been in the galaxy for thousands of years by the time they started the invasion and of such had a long time for scouting, also it didn"t help that the location of most inhabited planets was common knowledge, both of these factors will not be in play against the Halo galaxy making finding colonies much more difficult. My opponent also implies a few star destroyers can take entire colonies with defending fleets of hundreds of ships, note that he has yet to counter durasteel vulnerability or effectively counter covenant or forerunner weaponry, this notion is ridiculous and implies how little my opponent knows about Halo. Well hyperspace may be faster than UNSC and Covenant (with the disadvantages that have been previously written) forerunner slipspace is fast enough to get someone from one end of the galaxy to the other in a couple of days. While star wars numbers are a factor the matter is with how easy they can be destroyed the amount of ships they bring hardly matters as a single MAC or a few plasma torpedo"s can destroy any Star Wars ship with the weaknesses currently known. Yes so if numbers are the deciding factor then the entire roman army can destroy a hundred apache choppers then right?"

I was stating that the Empire wouldn't bother invading the colony as for the hundreds of ships defending it I'd like to see them stop the Thousands-Millions of ships attacking it. Also stating a Star Wars ship can be destroyed by a torpedo or a MAC well possible of they can disable the shielding and on top of that if they can survive way more firepower being dealt to them compared to how much they are dealing to these vessels. Keep in mind the firepower of Turbolasers (Yes I'm using the examples from StarDestroyer.Net as there is once again no solid proof of how powerful a Turbolaser is) yet it takes way more than just Turbolasers to disable a Rebel/New Republic's ships shields let alone destroy the vessel. You complain I haven't challenged them yet I have and you simply rather just disagree with the source when it's one of the only decent sources for a universe so much larger than the Haloverse.

I also would like to take this moment to focus on the cooperative of all factions while yes the forerunners could share their tactics and even tech they would take a while to get all the tech let alone teach their allies how to use the tech and tactics as where in Star Wars due to it hitting it's maximum advancements mass producing weaponry doesn't require them training each soldier how to use it that and the industry the C.I.S would have in this large scale conflict. If each side is cooperating this would allow the C.I.S to create more factories on planets they usually wouldn't be allowed to operate on to put this onto scale imagine this. For every 10 Droids killed by say a clone during the clone wars 15 more would be made to replace it now with all sides working together imagine a UNSC soldier killing say 5-10 and instead of 15 to replace it you have 30-70 more made to replace it. My opponent also said the droids are usually used in bulk attacks and while this is true with the way this battle is set up we won't see any B1 Battledroids unless they are fodder this is because General Grievous and even Count Dooku noted how weak they were Grievous even stating they are more of a threat to themselves than the Republic the reason they barely got upgraded was due to Palpatine controlling the C.I.S now remove Palpatine's restrictions and the huge industry the C.I.S have we could see Commando droids being the regular units in a long scale war and keep in mind these Commando droids were capable of capturing and killing Jedi on their own something the Haloverse has no experience in dealing with.

Once again to fault my opponent with him claiming I provide no proof of Star Wars tech being superior explain to me why Star Wars has created Lightsabers that don't run out of power after a certain amount of time (I am aware Sith Blades can shatter as they use a fake crystal) The Energy sword is a very weak blade compared to the Lightsaber. My opponent also tries to claim because certain blasters have recoil they all can't be lasers while true not all blasters are based around laser technology this is a fictional universe and I'm pretty sure when George Lucas was creating the Universe which by the way ISN'T SCI-FI but a fantasy universe he was taking science into account and by trying to bind Star Wars tech to Reality is a really faulty argument considering as I stated the universe is fictional so don't try to connect it to reality when it's a universe with people who can literally move planets with the force. If you want to compare it to reality StarDestroyer.Net is the best your gonna get and trying to substitute it with your own claims isn't going to be a viable source as StarDestroyer.Net is let alone Mythbusters did a episode on the speed of the blasters and it was found that you can't effectively dodge a blast without getting hit although it was possible but unlikely to block the shot. I also use the term "Glassing" as a metaphor for the fact that the Planet is like glass in that it can be broken easily by a few things.

My opponent also claimed that the forerunners can level entire cities and that cities were continent sized well that sounds impressive but the fact it took some Old Republic Era ships to level a planet that was an ENTIRE CITY as the entire planet was covered in a city with the only form of nature being scenery or on the very bottom. This was done by nothing else but a Sith Cruiser now fast forward a few thousand years and imagine what the Empire can do let alone the Vong who flung moons into planets. Even the Empire was using more unique and devastating ways to harm a planet a good example is Grand Admiral Thrawn flinging Asteroids into Courastant which is also consider a "City" Planet.

Since my opponent seems to also be underestimating Force Users like I stated Palpatine can bring an entire Imperial Fleet to where he is using Force Storm, Luke can wipe out entire armies with a single force push, Abeloth is just stupidly overpowered and is a good representative of why the EU was so broken and Darth Nihilious was able to absorb an entire planet's life force to increase his own strength like I said imagine all these powerful beings working together sharing and teaching these powerful techniques.

I imagine this war between Halo and Star Wars would be long term but due to the Star Wars's ability of Hyperspace and using the tactics of the Vong they would be much faster at scouting out the Haloverse and going on the offensive. The War would be brutal I imagine but in the long fight it comes down to the Forerunners against a majority of the Star Wars especially considering Star Wars has just as many planet busters as the Forerunners. If we also do assume long term battle Star Wars's industry is just far to big and powerful with entire planets (Mainly City worlds) full of factories creating guns, armor, ships, tanks and especially Droids let alone with everyone having access to secret knowledge some locked away for good. My opponent brings up some amazing points but just saying you disagree with Stardestoryer.net one of Star Wars's only decent sites for blasters isn't very good especially since I'm using the EU and in the EU a lot of things clash with lore and I'm using Stardestroyer.net as proof (I have run out of room)
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
Yeah its some kind of bug that came about awhile back. Missing a round locks up the debate and it never auto-forfeits the round.
Posted by btrxscopez 8 months ago
btrxscopez
They changed it? Well that's a shame, Knaveslayer99 would you like to start this again?
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
Missing a round locks up debates now. This debate will never reach the voting period.
Posted by btrxscopez 8 months ago
btrxscopez
firstly I should apologies for missing my round argument, my argument got deleted before I could finish it and I haven't got time to get round to starting it again. Regardless I believe the voting period has yet to start so I will leave a link to a page with my argument.

Link: https://docs.google.com...

"One could make the argument that the CIS alone could have defeated the halo universe. They have a few force users up their sleeve and as the majority of their soldiers are droids the Flood would cease to be effective. I suppose they would need some assistance from a force that did not specialize in droid combatants such as the Empire in order to resist the inevitable use of EMP type weapons. Though I do believe there are some droids who are immune or at least EMP resistant such as the Magnaguard and some versions of the Super Battle Droid (and also perhaps commando droids although I have never seen an EMP grenade used against against them)."

I have already discussed force wielders and a valid argument has yet to posted against it. The droids have either organic or intelligent droid commanders, both of these can be infected via infection forms or logic plague respectively, regardless the flood has a lot more than simply infection forms, trillions of combat forms of hundreds of species, billions of infected ships from just the forerunners, the `Gravemind at the time I choose for the flood could also create pure combat forms, to our knowledge these pure forms can be made custom for any task including combat.
Posted by DarthKenobi 8 months ago
DarthKenobi
One could make the argument that the CIS alone could have defeated the halo universe. They have a few force users up their sleeve and as the majority of their soldiers are droids the Flood would cease to be effective. I suppose they would need some assistance from a force that did not specialize in droid combatants such as the Empire in order to resist the inevitable use of EMP type weapons. Though I do believe there are some droids who are immune or at least EMP resistant such as the Magnaguard and some versions of the Super Battle Droid (and also perhaps commando droids although I have never seen an EMP grenade used against against them).
Posted by btrxscopez 8 months ago
btrxscopez
Yes and no, as I stated in my round two statement the NOVA bomb has more than enough power to destroy the first death star completely and to heavily damage the second one, the forerunners had whips that were on scale with the first death star and these ships were still easily destroyed in large fleet battles. The covenant due to not having weapons good enough to destroy the Death Star would rely on boarding which is more than easily a win for a large covenant fleet. but the Death Star would require the knowledge of the planets it's shooting at and even then it would have to be within a couple thousand light-years of the planet it's shooting at, this would require the Star Wars factions to gain a significant foothold in the Halo galaxy before using the Death Star is even feasible.
Posted by DarthKenobi 8 months ago
DarthKenobi
wouldn't one death star be capable of taking out anything the halo universe could throw at you?
Posted by Knaveslayer99 8 months ago
Knaveslayer99
I do agree to your terms sorry for such a late reply I was still writing then I ended up having to go to work .
Posted by btrxscopez 8 months ago
btrxscopez
I await my opponent (Knaveslayer99) to post his first response, remember the first debate round should include both your rebuttal (which is not required here), your first argument (optional you can leave this out), your acceptance/denial of the set "rules", and anything else you would like to add (like my basic introduction to factions). I await your reply Knaveslayer.