H501
SweetCandies

Handguns and Automatic Guns Should be Outlawed for Civilian Use in the US

H501

H501

Pro

I believe that guns that exist only to hurt other human beings should be illegal for civilian use in the U.S. Note that I do not include hunting rifles and shotguns.
SweetCandies

Con

I think that guns should not be outlawed, but outlawed for certain people. People who don't have an criminal records shouldn't be allowed to have a gun AT ALL, but civilians who don't have anything on their record should be able to. People who don't have any criminal records may need to protect themselves; possibly if another posses a weapon, they might need to defend themselves and their family from the attacker, and without a gun they could have possibly been hurt, sent to the hospital, or in the worst case, killed.
H501

Pro

But how would one determine who can get a gun? Would the system be perfect? Probably not. The easiest way to solve the problem is just to outlaw gun ownership for all civilians, with, of course, the exception of hunting weapons. And if one person is being attacked or threatened with some kind of hunting rifle, then they can call the police, who should be armed and able to deal with the situation.
SweetCandies

Con

SweetCandies forfeited this round.
H501

Pro

I'm afraid that you need to respond, or we can't have an orderly debate. And please don't forfeit this whole thing. Just backing out is not sporting.
SweetCandies

Con

SweetCandies forfeited this round.
H501

Pro

If you look at SweetCandies' profile, you can see that he or she posted the argument on the day he or she joined. Therefore, SweetCandies is obviously not going to continue the debate. That is really rude. When you start a debate, complete it!
SweetCandies

Con

SweetCandies forfeited this round.
H501

Pro

Really....
SweetCandies

Con

SweetCandies forfeited this round.
Posted by SirSocrates 9 months ago
SirSocrates
H501, I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm talking about your comments in Rounds 3 and 4.
Vote Placed by DebaterGood 8 months ago
DebaterGood
H501SweetCandiesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Pro for not forfeiting. Arguments Pro since he/she was only one to debate.