Emilrose
swayamprakash

Handwritten Poetry Contest

Emilrose
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 11/14/2017 Category: Arts

Emilrose

Pro

This is a contest intended to see who can write the best poetry-only instead of composing it via this site, it will be handwritten. This is somewhat similar to my contest with XLAV, in which we both drew a picture of prophet Muhammad on a piece of paper, took a photograph of that drawing, uploaded it to this site and then copy/pasted it into the debate.

The difference here is that there will be no drawing of prophet Muhammad; it will simply be a poem. The poem can have any theme, and be at any length.

However, spelling/grammatical errors will of course be penalized by prospective voters. You may either write the poem on blank or lined paper. First round is *acceptance*, then the second is for our poems.

Swayamprakash will be my opponent for this debate, good luck to him!
swayamprakash

Con

As this Round is for only acceptance .... so no poems ... but in the next round i will be writing a poem as stated in this theme ..... So i am on
Emilrose

Pro

Well, here is my poem:

(Apologies if my writing is difficult to read, it is just naturally weird).

swayamprakash

Con

SHE IS A LONELY GIRL
Standing on the road
with feelings a load
Eyes full of tears
But wiping out fears
She is a lonely Girl!

Depressions afoot
going from head to foot
cant decide where to go
cant say what to do
She is a lonely girl!

Two ways to go
as she had travelled both , hurt
chose the third unhurt
happily travels in one go!
She is lonely girl!

Settled her mind
Go forward with a kind
not cares for anyone ,
but cries for someone
She is a lonely girl!
Posted by Masterful 6 months ago
Masterful
To post a picture you need to save that picture to your DDO 'pictures'
Then where you type your arguments you will see a 'rich text' option, you need to select that. Now you can copy and paste pictures to your debates.
Posted by Masterful 6 months ago
Masterful
Yes, using a keyboard involves using your hand, but having written something is different than having typed something.

Yours was hand typed.
Posted by swayamprakash 6 months ago
swayamprakash
And yes i am not that bad poet that i could not get any vote ... vote does not mean u have to write erotic languages but u have to write what u feel , what u think in nature , u have to write what a common people cannot experiance in nature which states that u have to write the unexpected things and imagery .
thus i want a correct justice in my poem . Even if i loose the poem i want reasons that what are my technical defaults.
Posted by swayamprakash 6 months ago
swayamprakash
As i do not find any option to post the pic so i could not post.... the people who judge a poem contest must judge it from the anlytical view so judges are either illiterate i think and have no knowledge of poems or else this website is bad if poems and contest are judged like this
Posted by swayamprakash 6 months ago
swayamprakash
what u consider a handwritten contest that u have to post a poem its pic written in hand but i consider a hand written poem as a poem u write from ur mind and just type it when u need it in computers . And by the way i could not get any option to post pic of my poem......... And yes it is not about seeing who wrote the poem in hand its also about see what they wrote , its quality , and its schemes ......
And a notice to the voters please tell if u see any literature fault in my poem. i write poem what i think and imagine but not i experience .
Posted by levi_smiles 6 months ago
levi_smiles
spotlight

(8 mice dressed as elephants dressed as ghosts of William S Burroughs emerge, in Hitler mustaches and unflattering bowl cuts, with an apple in each left hand, a pistol in the right, marching in clockwork syncopation)

Mice:
You know
Donald Trump
would make a pretty good pimp
Don't matter so much
that his cock is limp
Melania still bites that shrimp
Don't bother her much
that pimp's an imp.

Donald Trump
when he plays that card
And the pee tape cums
and Ivanka's hard.
Donald trump
when he bombs the yard
And the taxes come
and he's off his guard.

You know
Donald Trump
would make a pretty good pimp,
Don't bother her much
soft like a wimp
Don't bother her much
hair of the chimp
You better believe
she still bites that shrimp.

Donald Trump
when he plays that card
And the pee tape cums
and Ivanka's hard.
Donald trump
when he bombs the yard
And the taxes come
and he's off his guard.

(special effect: mice fade ghostly

and exeunt)

fade
Posted by levi_smiles 6 months ago
levi_smiles
I think u make a fair point, although I did not fail to notice the handwritten condition. On the other hand, the second condition of the challenge is writing a poem. Swayamprakash has provided a poem we can evaluate & by fault of the first condition, handwriting, u have not provided a poem we can evaluate. How can we not judge that as strike against u?
Posted by Emilrose 6 months ago
Emilrose
Also, the fact you failed to recognise that it's a 'handwritten contest' is astonishing, Levi. How I write should be irrelevant because I'm the only one who has written anything at all.
Posted by Emilrose 6 months ago
Emilrose
No it isn't, the picture is big enough for people to tell what I'm reading. As for 'impression', that is how I write.
Posted by levi_smiles 6 months ago
levi_smiles
@emilrose- your poem is illegible. I mean, I can tell u r making an effort and the overall impression is quite fancy, but If since it proves hard to read it may have to count against u.
Vote Placed by Masterful 6 months ago
Masterful
Emilroseswayamprakash
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con hand typed their poem, whereas pro followed the format and hand wrote theirs. Neither poem was bad.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 6 months ago
dsjpk5
Emilroseswayamprakash
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's erotica was the only handwritten poem here, so it wins by default. Notice, the fact that I call it erotica shows that I am referring to what she wrote in a specific manner. I find it unnecessarily explicit, but it at least is a written poem (as required).
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 6 months ago
zmikecuber
Emilroseswayamprakash
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: If Pro can transcribe her sanskrit durka durka handwriting, I will vote, but I honestly can't read that shi t.