WhoDaFoo4
Maestro

Harry Potter films *are better than* The Twilight Saga films

WhoDaFoo4

WhoDaFoo4

Pro

Background Info:
-Harry Potter film series (2001-present; will end in 2011)
-Twilight film series (2008-present; will end in 2012)
-definition of "better" = something superior in quality or condition or effect; "a change for the better" (Google search; type define:better)

Money-Wise:
Wikipedia's List of "Highest-Grossing Films of All Time"

The Harry Potter series is ranked #1 as the highest-grossing film series. With 6 films released (as of 10/10/10), the series has made $5,412,496,909 worldwide. An average of $902,082,818 per film.

The Twilight Saga is ranked #13 on the list. With a 3 films released so far, the series has made a worldwide total of $1,794,457,054. The average of each film being 598,152,351 per film.

Obviously, the Harry Potter series has earned more tickets with more fans, because:

$902,082,818 > $598,152,351
Maestro

Con

Jeez, pro, you really enjoy cutting off your opponent's balls right off the bat, don't you? I feel vaguely ashamed I am going to have to rescue Edward's sparkly butt in this debate.

As pro, understand that the burden of proof is upon you. Be prepared to defend and prove your claims.

First of all, Wikipedia is not a valid source. If you want your figures to stand you will have to quote its references (bottom of the Wiki page).

Obviously, the commercial success of each respective series is not cornerstone to this debate. You would not give your opponent an unassailable statistic and attempt to call the resulting farce a "debate", so I am going to assume you are also contending the "superiority of quality, condition and effect" of the Harry Potter films as opposed to Twilight.

First: Harry Potter has had nine years (2001-2010) to hype up its source material. Twilight has only had two (2008-2010). Already the conditions are inherently unfair and stacked against Twilight.

Second: Commerciality does not imply superiority. Opium was a commercial success for the British during the Opium Wars in China. McDonald's is a commercial success. You have not proven how Harry Potter is superior in "quality, condition and effect".

Your sole point has been debunked. Next round, for the sake of a good debate, I expect you to come forth with ulterior proofs instead of hiding behind one statistic.

Good luck.
WhoDaFoo4

Pro

WhoDaFoo4 forfeited this round.
Maestro

Con

This was boring. You sadden me, pro. I expect you to make it up to me:
Buy one ticket for Twilight: Eclipse... and watch the entire thing. Without covering your eyes to block out the sight of Jacob's nipples. Without covering your ears to block out the soul-numbing dialogue. And stay awake the entire time.
Posted by WhoDaFoo4 6 years ago
WhoDaFoo4
gerrandesquire: I still stand too what I believe, Harry Potter films are better than Twilight films. I'm not just going to give points to the other guy for something I truly don't believe.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
1+2) I agree that Harry Potter beats twilight
3) Con did not forfeit
4) Pro used more complete sentences and avoid things such as "jeez" and "cut off balls"
5) Con made valid points as to why the commercial success was not applicable, I would disagree, however pro never refuted.
6) Pro used the only source
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
WhoDaFoo: I don't think you should have vote bombed him, specially considering you forfeited a round. The conduct points go right off the window after that. It just is poor competition.
Posted by WhoDaFoo4 6 years ago
WhoDaFoo4
Sorry Con, I couldn't get on to reply. But I would have talked about the plot and visual effects.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Well there is no getting less attractive than that. Except maybe this guy http://www.facebook.com...
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
Even if he is gay(though he isn't), that doesn't make him any less attractive.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
He's in the closet. The gay is strong with that one.
And no he plays a pixie. I <3 watching Harry Potter just to watch him die. They should make a movie of that scene only.
Posted by gerrandesquire 6 years ago
gerrandesquire
he has a girlfriend.
he is a man. He *plays* a vampire.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Well mom said he's a pixie and people just can't tell the difference between faries and pixies these days. So whatever.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
No. I don't find ugly gay faries hot. /end
Vote Placed by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
WhoDaFoo4MaestroTied
Vote Placed by WhoDaFoo4 6 years ago
WhoDaFoo4
WhoDaFoo4MaestroTied
Vote Placed by grandma-john 6 years ago
grandma-john
WhoDaFoo4MaestroTied