ES19
mugwumpnettle

Harry Potter is better than Hunger Games

ES19

Pro

Harry Potter is better than Hunger Games because it doesn't connote violence and Harry Potter teaches young adults a lot of positive things
mugwumpnettle

Con

Hunger Games is better because, although it isn't as positive as Harry Potter, it is a lot more meaningful and a lot less clich"d; loads of fantasy books have destinies to be fulfilled, and many books are set in schools, and I know that's because it's what the format for fantasy books is, and school is something most kids relate to, but it gets a bit dull after a while. You use the term 'connote violence', but to be quite truthful, I wouldn't say the Hunger Games series exactly imply violence, I think they show that violence is very often used to oppress people unjustly, so really I think the series is against unnecessary violence, and loads of people get killed or hurt in Harry Potter, I mean, look at George's ear, Mad-Eye Moody (who certainly isn't against violence), and Bellatrix, who uses the Cruciatus Curse just for fun, they aren't exactly examples of people who oppose violence, are they?
ES19

Pro

ES19 forfeited this round.
mugwumpnettle

Con

mugwumpnettle forfeited this round.
ES19

Pro

ES19 forfeited this round.
mugwumpnettle

Con

mugwumpnettle forfeited this round.
ES19

Pro

ES19 forfeited this round.
mugwumpnettle

Con

mugwumpnettle forfeited this round.
ES19

Pro

ES19 forfeited this round.
mugwumpnettle

Con

mugwumpnettle forfeited this round.
Posted by Beastdebateperson 3 years ago
Beastdebateperson
I'm going with the con because hunger games is a non magical more violent version of Harry Potter plus it is way cooler because it's also a romance mixed with a action type of movie
Posted by Dwtwentytwo 3 years ago
Dwtwentytwo
They both suck